PDA

View Full Version : Beheading planned in Saudi sorcery case

SanHeChuan
03-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Beheading planned in Saudi sorcery case (http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/03/31/saudi.arabia.sorcery/index.html?hpt=Sbin)

Sibat is the former host of a popular call-in show that aired on Beirut-based satellite TV channel "Sheherazade." According to his lawyer, Sibat would predict the future on his show and give out advice to his audience.

El Khansa told CNN her client was arrested by Saudi Arabia's religious police (known as the Mutawa'een) and charged with sorcery while visiting the country in May 2008. Sibat was in Saudi Arabia to perform the Islamic religious pilgrimage known as Umra.

Sibat was then put on trial, and in November 2009, a court in the Saudi city of Medina found him guilty and sentenced him to death.

WTF

uki
03-31-2010, 10:40 AM
well it would sure suck to be him. :D

kfson
03-31-2010, 11:10 AM
My crystal ball and tea leaves say those people are idiots.

Also, the same people will hit the mat hard in about 15 years. What's the word for "self cannibalization"?

sanjuro_ronin
03-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Where were these people when Jo-Jo was around?
:D

DRAGONSIHING
03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Don't guess that he thought to check his own future forecasts. Might have avoided this if he had, and really had any ability. Or is there any such thing?

Lucas
03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Ask Miss Cleo

Dragonzbane76
03-31-2010, 06:54 PM
want to go to the dark ages...?? Go to Saudi Arabia. like walking back to the stone ages. Perfect example of how religion puts a stranglehold on government if allowed.

dimethylsea
03-31-2010, 08:03 PM
want to go to the dark ages...?? Go to Saudi Arabia. like walking back to the stone ages. Perfect example of how religion puts a stranglehold on government if allowed.

Heck.. this "sorceror" should have obeyed the LAW. Disobeying the LAW means taking the consequences. He should have made a point to talk to the religious police and confess his crime.

Right Drake? :D

Lee Chiang Po
03-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Religion is evil. I don't care what religion it is, it is evil. What sane person would detonate a bomb on their person just to kill those standing around him, with full expectations of paradise? What sane person can believe in something so strongly that he can butcher those that do not share his beliefs? burning people at the stake, running over a childs arm with a truck. It is insanity. If I had the power, I would weed out all organized religion and burn it alive. Either that or go fishing. I can't quite make up my mind.

sanjuro_ronin
04-01-2010, 05:44 AM
Religion is evil. I don't care what religion it is, it is evil. What sane person would detonate a bomb on their person just to kill those standing around him, with full expectations of paradise? What sane person can believe in something so strongly that he can butcher those that do not share his beliefs? burning people at the stake, running over a childs arm with a truck. It is insanity. If I had the power, I would weed out all organized religion and burn it alive. Either that or go fishing. I can't quite make up my mind.

Well, as long as you're not being judgmental, that's what counts !

David Jamieson
04-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Well, as long as you're not being judgmental, that's what counts !

lol, that's two funny remarks! lol @ the JO JO crack. Man I hated those commercials for her "psychic alliance".

Anyway, beheading is capital punishment in Saudi Arabia. There's plenty of backward countries in the world from a social point of view. I don't agree with the idea of killing soothsayers because it's deemed evil.

Anyway, this is just a hit piece to make you feel one more ill feeling about muslims that's all. any little thing that can be found that will encourage you to hate muslims and arabs in particular will be thrown to you.

apparently, many of you are ready to eat that up and cast your judgements.

:)

can you say baaaaah baaaaah ? :p

Dragonzbane76
04-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Heck.. this "sorceror" should have obeyed the LAW. Disobeying the LAW means taking the consequences. He should have made a point to talk to the religious police and confess his crime.

Right Drake?

different system of law you are quoting. No comparison.

David Jamieson
04-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Hey how do you guys feel about Gay people being beheaded for being gay in Saudi Arabia?

kfson
04-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Sometimes, many times, spirit will not tell a person about his future events.

Maybe this man's life path is to wage war with that religious group by sacrificing his life.

Many spiritual groups say that one must respect the laws of organizations such as SA. But that doesn't mean one doesn't have the right to make the decision to break those laws. If that weren't the case, the U.S.A. would be Jacked today.