PDA

View Full Version : so what the heck is intent?

Hendrik
04-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Throughout the whole body, the intent is on the spirit of vitality, not on the chi.
http://www.whynaturalhealth.co.uk/ta...&p=elucidation

is this even a proper translation?

and there is a saying of using intent and not force.

so what the heck is intent?

dirtyrat
04-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Go buy a dictionary, Hendrik!! :D

Scott R. Brown
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Go buy a dictionary, Hendrik!! :D

I will patiently wait to see how Hendrik spins your response into "nothing but speculation"!

YouKnowWho
04-01-2010, 08:50 PM
When you train your solo form with your eyes closed, if people walk into your training path, they should get hurt or be thrown. That's "intend". The difference between a guy who trains MA and a traffic cop who directs traffic is the "intend". Both may move their arms around in similiar way, but one has power behind it and the other has not.

uki
04-02-2010, 03:53 AM
intention is the key to self-expression... what do you intend to do with your time and energy?? what seeds do you intend to plant?? what do you intend to cultivate in the garden of your life?? no intention, no manifestation. :cool:

Bob Ashmore
04-02-2010, 05:00 AM
You are eating french fries , after you take the first bite you realize there is no salt on them. There is a salt shaker on the table and you decide to put salt on your french fries.
You reach for the shaker, you pick it up, you sprinkle some salt on your fries, you put the shaker down, you continue to eat.
Which part of this is "intent"?

Hendrik
04-02-2010, 07:28 AM
so what is "intent" do?

Scott R. Brown
04-02-2010, 08:33 AM
You are eating french fries , after you take the first bite you realize there is no salt on them. There is a salt shaker on the table and you decide to put salt on your french fries.
You reach for the shaker, you pick it up, you sprinkle some salt on your fries, you put the shaker down, you continue to eat.
Which part of this is "intent"?

Which part isn't?

Dale Dugas
04-02-2010, 08:50 AM
The mind commands

the body responds

the energy follows

intention is the mind, and the rest is self explanatory

KC Elbows
04-02-2010, 09:52 AM
so what is "intent" do?

"Intent" Do is the modern offshoot of "Intent" jittsu.

You can be sure its founder knew what he was doing.

Hendrik
04-02-2010, 10:31 AM
using intent and not force.

So what does it means

KC Elbows
04-02-2010, 12:11 PM
What's your intent in asking?

dirtyrat
04-02-2010, 12:18 PM

Lol!! Beautiful. :D

Hendrik
04-02-2010, 06:58 PM

using intent and not force. What does it means and how?

SPJ
04-02-2010, 07:45 PM
the chinese is

yong yi bu yong li

use yi and do not use force/li.

to practice the posture with intent

this is to fine tune your moves/postures.

you are sensing and recieving feedbacks from all aspects of your movements.

if you use force, you are focusing your power into a certain direction

it is difficult to detect or sense all the in's and out's of your move/posture.

--

Hendrik
04-02-2010, 08:03 PM
the chinese is

yong yi bu yong li

use yi and do not use force/li.

to practice the posture with intent

this is to fine tune your moves/postures.

you are sensing and recieving feedbacks from all aspects of your movements.

if you use force, you are focusing your power into a certain direction

it is difficult to detect or sense all the in's and out's of your move/posture.

--

So how do you do it at the fajin instant?

charlyws
04-02-2010, 10:20 PM
So how do you do it at the fajin instant?

forget about the fajin. when one only to seek fajin there will be no fajin, but if one only do proper train, the fajin will come out itself.

Hendrik
04-02-2010, 11:06 PM
forget about the fajin. when one only to seek fajin there will be no fajin, but if one only do proper train, the fajin will come out itself.

Sorry, I totally disagree.

if one was not train in fajin, one cant do it.

Fajin doesnt come out itself. if you disagree with me then please share we us how tajin will come out itself. and what type of jin is that?

KTS
04-03-2010, 12:08 AM
for Yi/Intention, at a basic level, my simple explanation is, mind + direction.

it is simple, but i think it gets the point across effectively without diving too much into the more mystical areas - which can confuse early students.

charlyws
04-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Sorry, I totally disagree.

if one was not train in fajin, one cant do it.

Fajin doesnt come out itself. if you disagree with me then please share we us how tajin will come out itself. and what type of jin is that?

you seek fajin because you want the result not enjoy the progress..

fajin is no shape or no certain conditional. because of that i said don't try to find fajin. it looks like when you breath dont try to "see" the air, because you couldn't see it BUT you feel it.

Before fajin, u must learn Jin you must learn to develop Xu Ling Ding Jing, Qi Chen Dantian. When You have that you could use fajin as much as you like.

Hendrik
04-03-2010, 10:51 AM
you seek fajin because you want the result not enjoy the progress..

fajin is no shape or no certain conditional. because of that i said don't try to find fajin. it looks like when you breath dont try to "see" the air, because you couldn't see it BUT you feel it.

Before fajin, u must learn Jin you must learn to develop Xu Ling Ding Jing, Qi Chen Dantian. When You have that you could use fajin as much as you like.

IMHO,

There is nothing wrong with need to have result. There is also to have the result and enjoy the progress and the process. in fact, it is very joy to do push hand, fajin, have control on the result and keep progressing. as it said, after knowing the Jin, the more one cultivate the more one get deeper and become very good at it with ease. and only at that state one doesnt need condition to fajin, otherwise, one cant do it.

To be real honest, IMHO, what you mention above are just preparation and not even start to get close to fajin training yet.

Dont believe me, let's investigate how jin is release from one's body, it is in a spiral way or direct way or ......etc. so there is shape, condition....etc. to release a jin in a spiral way or taiji ball way is very different then other ways... and there are differences even when it is a spiral way.

and also, why is it got to be the Taiji ball way? that also is a reason....etc.

So, without these type of training one cant do it. IMHO.

Not to mention, if one have never heard about it, how can one do it?

There is a state that when one will the Qi, Qi is there, when one will the Jin, Jin is there. Thus, it said using intent not using force. the force and qi is always there in dynamic, one just have to direct it. however, that needs cultivation. not simple stuffs.

and just standing in Zhan Zhuan it self cant do it,
thus as in YiQuan, there is 6 directional force in the drill, there is friction steps, there is testing of force vectors......etc. even if one goes through those training, still one doesnt guarentee to master it. Thus, it will be even hopeless for we who have never heard about it.

charlyws
04-03-2010, 11:43 AM
haha you are to much reading books but not do proper one.

if you truly understand about fajin, you must know about this Xu Ling Ding Jing, Qi Chen Dantian..

if you dont know about that, i know enough that you only knew by a book a word fajin,fajin,fajin.

To be real honest, IMHO, what you mention above are just preparation and not even start to get close to fajin training yet.

Yes, what i said is only about preparation. but you are only to know the result? how can it be, before do preparation? There is NO specific training that only for what you called FAJIN

This FAJIN fans make taijiquan is like a fantasy martial art that never exist.

yes, zhan zhuang cant do it itself. but wthout it dont be dreaming you can do fajin.

Hendrik
04-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Well, you can have your opinions.

What is what is very clear and dont need to be argue.
The following is a good sample from the real master to tell what is the reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf0DNMElas8

For those who dont know chinese, this occur in the world Taiji meeting on explaination on push hand and jin. see for yourself is it just AWARENESS, Xu Ling Ding Jing, Qi Chen Dantian.....or there are much much more...

also
http://www.chinataijiquan.org/shownews.asp?id=620&BigClass=%CC%AB%BC%AB%BF%CE%CC%C3

the master explain in details and clearly what is taiji jin...etc. enjoy

haha you are to much reading books but not do proper one.

if you truly understand about fajin, you must know about this Xu Ling Ding Jing, Qi Chen Dantian..

if you dont know about that, i know enough that you only knew by a book a word fajin,fajin,fajin.

Yes, what i said is only about preparation. but you are only to know the result? how can it be, before do preparation? There is NO specific training that only for what you called FAJIN

This FAJIN fans make taijiquan is like a fantasy martial art that never exist.

yes, zhan zhuang cant do it itself. but wthout it dont be dreaming you can do fajin.

No_Know
04-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Not to mention, if one have never heard about it, how can one do it?

If I walk backwards blindfolded and earplugged down a hall I don't need to know there's stairs going down to fall down them.

Like you seeking you mess up learning by trying to grasp. That's the teacher part I like to think--they set you up to learn but you don't necessarily get that you are getting it.

Intent--you know how you get startled when you get jumped and you try to clock whoever you can get your hands-on? Do that when you practice only leave the thugs out.but you make the effort as though they were there and tryting to kick your Horse-mule hybid.

No_Know

When you think you know for what you are looking. You seek what you think and miss what was there to be found; at least sometimes perhaps some might think.

No_Know

"To be real honest, IMHO, what you mention above are just preparation and not even start to get close to fajin training yet.

Dont believe me, let's investigate how jin is release from one's body, it is in a spiral way or direct way or ......etc. so there is shape, condition....etc. to release a jin in a spiral way or taiji ball way is very different then other ways... and there are differences even when it is a spiral way.

and also, why is it got to be the Taiji ball way? that also is a reason....etc.

So, without these type of training one cant do it. IMHO." -Hendrick~

One does not need to train to do, But one certainly must have occur.

No_Know

uki
04-04-2010, 03:58 PM
i am convinced that hendrik is an infantile spirit. :)

sanjuro_ronin
04-05-2010, 06:19 AM
in·tent
2   /ɪnˈtɛnt/ Show Spelled[in-tent] Show IPA
–adjective
firmly or steadfastly fixed or directed, as the eyes or mind: an intent gaze.
having the attention sharply focused or fixed on something: intent on one's job.
determined or resolved; having the mind or will fixed on some goal: intent on revenge.
earnest; intense: an intent person.

Scott R. Brown
04-05-2010, 06:24 AM
in·tent
2   /ɪnˈtɛnt/ Show Spelled[in-tent] Show IPA
–adjective
firmly or steadfastly fixed or directed, as the eyes or mind: an intent gaze.
having the attention sharply focused or fixed on something: intent on one's job.
determined or resolved; having the mind or will fixed on some goal: intent on revenge.
earnest; intense: an intent person.

That show book only learning defining.....you cannot have understand less can you show it in practice and describe in word your own!

taai gihk yahn
04-05-2010, 08:36 AM
That show book only learning defining.....you cannot have understand less can you show it in practice and describe in word your own!

backwards talking, all saying that you are, instead of the way by enlightened sifu showing you must be, when you have only that which speculation not with by understood

sanjuro_ronin
04-05-2010, 08:38 AM

Hogwash !
Too much finger and moon and not enough foot and butt !!
:D

Scott R. Brown
04-05-2010, 09:15 AM
backwards talking, all saying that you are, instead of the way by enlightened sifu showing you must be, when you have only that which speculation not with by understood

said excellentnessly

Hogwash !
Too much finger and moon and not enough foot and butt !!
:D

That should be head IN butt!

Hendrik
04-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Intent means giving direction to lead/direct. That's all.

No need to go to the mind, the ..... to fantasy land..... and to disneyland.... and around and around the world.

So what is using the intent and not using force?

That just means using the intent to direct and lead not using force to force.

one uses the intention to direct the qi and let the qi transport the physical body.

Scott R. Brown
04-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Intent means giving direction to lead/direct. That's all.

No need to go to the mind, the ..... to fantasy land..... and to disneyland.... and around and around the world.

So what is using the intent and not using force?

That just means using the intent to direct and lead not using force to force.

one uses the intention to direct the qi and let the qi transport the physical body.

The mind intends naturally with no effort or practice necessary. Intent is any movement of mind, any thought produced. Without intent, there is no mind.

Intent is the mental action that precedes action and comes from no-mind!

Qi goes where it will of itself and does not require conscious intention. In fact intending to direct Qi interferes with Qi's natural flow and process!