PDA

View Full Version : New Thread Format: tell me what you know about taiji

KC Elbows
04-05-2010, 03:52 PM
To save some members a lot of time and enable responses to be about whatever aspect of taiji they like, here is a thread in which you may discuss anything you feel is important in taiji, and I will respond how you're wrong, and occasionally provide a link to videos of cute animals as proof.

As a demonstration of my superiority from moment to moment, my previous paragraph is already so inferior to my current one as to not being worth my time responding. If I had had a teacher such as myself for that paragraph, I clearly would have written this paragraph.

I don't expect you all to understand the complexities of this, I'm merely giving you the opportunity to learn from the tradition of smug negations.

KC Elbows
04-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Although it departs from the spirit of this thread, I will say that the member who was about to post, but didn't, was correct in doing so. I thank him for saving me the tedium of answering his misguided assumptions in the manner they deserve.

SPJ
04-05-2010, 05:00 PM
stages of understanding

here is what I was told to think about in the late 1970s about grand ultimate fist

there is the grand yang or tai yang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSkWli9NykQ

do the locomotion.

there is the grand yin or tai yin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3_yLPadDfY

listening to the rain

together you have tai chi. so tai yang + tai yin or interaction of both.

I was too young to understand both.

so I just do a litte bit of softness and a little bit of hardness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9TbE0nG1I

whenever you find your balance

you find your tai chi.

:D

SPJ
04-05-2010, 05:16 PM
here.

1. at first, we have to learn and understand how to be hard and harder, fast and faster--

2. secondly, we have to learn and understand how to be soft or yielding--

3. finally, we learn how to balance 1 and 2.

if the opponent is fast, we may be faster.

if the opponent is strong. we may be stronger

on the other hand, if, somehow, the opponent is intuitively or intrinsically faster and stronger than us.

we have to consider: dogding, avoiding, yielding

by moving away, we may be faster and in a better position in our next move.

---

after learning both 1 and 2, tai chi is then learned and understood.

---

sort of mashing 1 and 2 together

just like mashed potato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQBKpV9emKc

---

Scott R. Brown
04-05-2010, 05:47 PM
To save some members a lot of time and enable responses to be about whatever aspect of taiji they like, here is a thread in which you may discuss anything you feel is important in taiji, and I will respond how you're wrong, and occasionally provide a link to videos of cute animals as proof.

As a demonstration of my superiority from moment to moment, my previous paragraph is already so inferior to my current one as to not being worth my time responding. If I had had a teacher such as myself for that paragraph, I clearly would have written this paragraph.

I don't expect you all to understand the complexities of this, I'm merely giving you the opportunity to learn from the tradition of smug negations.

Although it departs from the spirit of this thread, I will say that the member who was about to post, but didn't, was correct in doing so. I thank him for saving me the tedium of answering his misguided assumptions in the manner they deserve.

Did your sifu put you up to this?:mad:

Wouldn't it just be easier to criticize us all BEFORE we post so we won't have to go to all the effort of posting non-sense first?

Scott R. Brown
04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Proper Tai Chi Chuan in action! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHNbgYuy0bY)

SPJ
04-05-2010, 06:09 PM
here

1. harder and harder would be shaolin fist or ba ji fist

2. faster and faster would be praying mantis.

3. softer and softer---

---

KC Elbows
04-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Did your sifu put you up to this?:mad:

Wouldn't it just be easier to criticize us all BEFORE we post so we won't have to go to all the effort of posting non-sense first?

The problem with your post is twofold:

1) It's wrongness

2) It's incorrectitude

If I criticized you beforehand, you might suggest I was less infinitely wise than Hendrick.

Clearly I am twice as infinitely wise as he.

However, your link is helpful for others struggling with lesser forms of taiji, and so I applaud you, despite my superiority, which goes without saying, though I will still say it.

KC Elbows
04-05-2010, 06:38 PM
here.

1. at first, we have to learn and understand how to be hard and harder, fast and faster--

2. secondly, we have to learn and understand how to be soft or yielding--

3. finally, we learn how to balance 1 and 2.

if the opponent is fast, we may be faster.

if the opponent is strong. we may be stronger

on the other hand, if, somehow, the opponent is intuitively or intrinsically faster and stronger than us.

we have to consider: dogding, avoiding, yielding

by moving away, we may be faster and in a better position in our next move.

---

after learning both 1 and 2, tai chi is then learned and understood.

---

sort of mashing 1 and 2 together

just like mashed potato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQBKpV9emKc

---

Wrong. Taiji is not like mashed potatoes, just as when you are offered a "massagee" you do not get a neck rub.

However, do not feel bad, my superiority is a given, you have done well considering. I salute you for not falling into the self deceit of paragraphs.

YouKnowWho
04-05-2010, 07:21 PM
you may discuss anything you feel is important in taiji, and I will respond how you're wrong,
I have a feeling that you have just said that everybody have sin and you are the true saver. Since "my sin is my pride". The word "saver" has no meaning to me.

SPJ
04-05-2010, 07:24 PM
sometimes, KC is being ironic.

;)

KC Elbows
04-06-2010, 06:16 AM
I have a feeling that you have just said that everybody have sin and you are the true saver. Since "my sin is my pride". The word "saver" has no meaning to me.

Although this thread is about taiji, I will digress to respond.

In order to save you, I would have to explain right to you, and that would lead us into words, and away from the tao that cannot be spoken.

Since that would require near infinite wisdom, it could take almost a third of my infinite wisdom to explain it, which could affect the quality of my own contemplation of my boundless superiority. Obviously, this would be a misappropriation of a portion of my limitless virtue.

By allowing you to discuss your taiji, you and others can encapsulate your words, and we all will see how each explanation, despite its relative good value, is not perfect in its correctitudinousness.

From this knowing, it is clear then that, when I say wrong, it is not me speaking the way that cannot be spoken, but my spesking, and it being the way. Where I to speak otherwise, that would not be the way.

Do not contemplate this, it is too dangerous at your level of cultivation.

Scott R. Brown
04-06-2010, 06:25 AM
I can't contemplate it because I don't understand it!

Thus demonstrating it truly IS the Way!!!

I just don't know which Way it is?:confused:

sanjuro_ronin
04-06-2010, 06:26 AM
There is only ONE taiji, the rest are mere imitations !!!

Scott R. Brown
04-06-2010, 06:31 AM
There is only ONE taiji, the rest are mere imitations !!!

But which one? Hendrik's or KC Elbows's?

Which one has the attainment of true kung fu???

I am afraid I might choose a false prophet?

sanjuro_ronin
04-06-2010, 06:55 AM
But which one? Hendrik's or KC Elbows's?

Which one has the attainment of true kung fu???

I am afraid I might choose a false prophet?

Obviously, MINE is the REAL AUTHENTIC TAIJI !!

KC Elbows
04-06-2010, 07:25 AM
To spare myself time for my contemplations, I will deign to instruct.

People judge, and we speculate on the nature of the real taiji nonetheless.

Saying I judge, none speak of the real taiji.

Using words and a character that place no special quality upon my judgement, still you dare not speak of the real taiji.

This is an evidence that all here innately know of the superiority of my boundless limitlessness, for they will not risk being wrong. Against all other judgings you dare speculate on the real taiji, but my judging is treated as superior, as sure to dissect the weaknesses in your own ideas.

Perhaps you thus know a little of the way. I applaud you.

If I were to tell you the real taiji when you cannot speculate on it because of my judgement, all you could perceive would be the struggle against truth your preconceptions would make, like a teenage boy clumsily attempting to undo a bra and failing because of the nature of his motions.

Nonetheless, speculate. There is way in being at a stage of failing to always adhere to the way, do not fear my judgement children!

I hope I have made clear where your wrongness illustrates my lustrous beingness.

SPJ
04-06-2010, 07:27 AM
tai chi is a balance/dynamic of opposing factors

1. movement vs stillness

thus locomotion vs listening to the rain

2. in movement

it is about centering balance between moving forward vs rear, up vs down, left vs right

5 steps.

3. in stillness

---

KC Elbows
04-06-2010, 08:10 AM
tai chi is a balance/dynamic of opposing factors

1. movement vs stillness

thus locomotion vs listening to the rain

2. in movement

it is about centering balance between moving forward vs rear, up vs down, left vs right

5 steps.

3. in stillness

---

A man with double vision can't make one whole into two.

You will likely suffer a period of serious danger in your chi from reading this, but a lesser man would not survive 108 days after reading it. You may someday experience the real taiji, but you need to be more stingy with your jing.

Scott R. Brown
04-06-2010, 08:16 AM
To spare myself time for my contemplations, I will deign to instruct.

Saying I judge, none speak of the real taiji.

Using words and a character that place no special quality upon my judgement, still you dare not speak of the real taiji.

This is an evidence that all here innately know of the superiority of my boundless limitlessness, for they will not risk being wrong. Against all other judgings you dare speculate on the real taiji, but my judging is treated as superior, as sure to dissect the weaknesses in your own ideas.

If I were to tell you the real taiji when you cannot speculate on it because of my judgement, all you could perceive would be the struggle against truth your preconceptions would make, like a teenage boy clumsily attempting to undo a bra and failing because of the nature of his motions.

Nonetheless, speculate. There is way in being at a stage of failing to always adhere to the way, do not fear my judgement children!

I hope I have made clear where your wrongness illustrates my lustrous beingness.

Well there you have it right there!

Every time I ask or wonder he comes back with such nonsensical wisdom HE MUST BE TAO INCARNATE!!!

If he wasn't I could make mince meat out of his wisdom-ness. But instead I am stupefied which is definite proof to any with mindless thoughts of superiorness!

SPJ
04-06-2010, 08:55 AM
some tai chi about this thread

1. my correctness vs your incorrectitude

2. my authentic tc vs your fake tc

3. true vs false prophet

4. saver vs sinner

---

movement vs stillness

hardness vs softness

there are things in movement. there are things in stillness

every thing in movement will come to an end/still

everything in stillness may start to be in movement

space vs timing

--

at the end of hardness a gentleness is born/produced

at the end of gentleness a hardness is born/exists

---

thus the name is tai chi.

---

dimethylsea
04-06-2010, 09:14 AM
to spare myself time for my contemplations, i will deign to instruct.

Saying i judge, none speak of the real taiji.

If i were to tell you the real taiji when you cannot speculate on it because of my judgement, all you could perceive would be the struggle against truth your preconceptions would make, like a teenage boy clumsily attempting to undo a bra and failing because of the nature of his motions.

I hope i have made clear where your wrongness illustrates my lustrous beingness.

+1...........................................

SPJ
04-06-2010, 09:21 AM
all hail to thee

the god of tai chi has spoken.

we are truely blessed.

:cool:

SPJ
04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
1. movement vs stillness

2. slowness vs rapidness

3. retardation vs continuation

---

hint: point of reversal

----

KC Elbows
04-06-2010, 01:30 PM
some tai chi about this thread

1. my correctness vs your incorrectitude

2. my authentic tc vs your fake tc

The real taiji is no one person's. Should I comment on where it is mine, I would be wrong. Since I thus cannot be wrong, I am always right. Since I make no comment on where it resonates from me, I likewise make no comment on where it resonates from you, but let it stand there in its obviousness. Should I comment on a bell having been rung, saying "a bell has been rung" to anyone in earshot? Clearly not, the sound of the bell is clear, as is the real taiji.

It would be wrong of me to point it out as though it came from me when it resonates through us.

Without the hard to yield to, yielding cannot be the way, so how is this contention and not a seemless whole?

The point of confusion comes from my infinite superbity. That I am infinitely superb is just a perk. No need to thank me.

Were I a troll, I would hide my identity and point the questions towards the results I found amusing.

Were I an egotistical sifu, I would point the questions towards the results that allowed me to look down upon all members for my egotistical gratification and feel gratified in my judgements. Seeming is not being here, and the gratification is in hearing the bell rung, not the minor perk of being so incredibly wondrous that birds coo at my passing.

So I only say where it is not a bell ringing, but secretly savor the sound of the bell.

Some have a mallet, and stand before the bell, but want to talk about my divine infinite rectitude first. I will later make a thread in which we can all discuss the boundless honor of my every emanation, it being such that my passing makes puppies and super models swoon. But this is about the real taiji, and my tremendous traits are merely a side benefit to whatever occurs here.

Scott R. Brown
04-06-2010, 03:59 PM
The real taiji is no one person's. Should I comment on where it is mine, I would be wrong. Since I thus cannot be wrong, I am always right. Since I make no comment on where it resonates from me, I likewise make no comment on where it resonates from you, but let it stand there in its obviousness. Should I comment on a bell having been rung, saying "a bell has been rung" to anyone in earshot? Clearly not, the sound of the bell is clear, as is the real taiji.

It would be wrong of me to point it out as though it came from me when it resonates through us.

Without the hard to yield to, yielding cannot be the way, so how is this contention and not a seemless whole?

The point of confusion comes from my infinite superbity. That I am infinitely superb is just a perk. No need to thank me.

Were I a troll, I would hide my identity and point the questions towards the results I found amusing.

Were I an egotistical sifu, I would point the questions towards the results that allowed me to look down upon all members for my egotistical gratification and feel gratified in my judgements. Seeming is not being here, and the gratification is in hearing the bell rung, not the minor perk of being so incredibly wondrous that birds coo at my passing.

So I only say where it is not a bell ringing, but secretly savor the sound of the bell.

Some have a mallet, and stand before the bell, but want to talk about my divine infinite rectitude first. I will later make a thread in which we can all discuss the boundless honor of my every emanation, it being such that my passing makes puppies and super models swoon. But this is about the real taiji, and my tremendous traits are merely a side benefit to whatever occurs here.

So let it be written.....So let it be done! Amen!

bawang
04-06-2010, 05:39 PM
spirit of tai chi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJVEYHZRHLQ&feature=related

Scott R. Brown
04-06-2010, 07:29 PM
spirit of tai chi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJVEYHZRHLQ&feature=related

Ahh Yes! The most dangerous art in existence, African Girl Fighting!!

bawang
04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
actually i think senegal wrestling is great
they fight the way theyre trained thats better than a lot of kung fu

to talk about all these fancy things but cant fight for jack sh1t to me is shameful i would feel embarrased. i shut up and train

Scott R. Brown
04-06-2010, 10:25 PM
actually i think senegal wrestling is great
they fight the way theyre trained thats better than a lot of kung fu

to talk about all these fancy things but cant fight for jack sh1t to me is shameful i would feel embarrased. i shut up and train

I am sure you are not talking about the pu$$y slap fighting link you just posted!:eek:

That is just as bad or worse as the bad CMA sparring I have seen! We did slap fighting in high school. It is for goofing around NOT for real fight training.

Although they did try/do some take downs, I would not consider that anything like real fighting, unless that is the way they fight in Senegal!

bawang
04-07-2010, 03:50 AM
no ur wrong
its badass

KC Elbows
04-07-2010, 06:43 AM
no ur wrong
its badass

No, you are both wrong.

No need to thank me.

Scott R. Brown
04-07-2010, 06:54 AM
<Whew>......as long as I am not alone!:p

SPJ
04-07-2010, 07:14 AM
this thread is about

you may say whatever you think or know about tai ji

and KC gets to say that you are wrong.

--

;)

YouKnowWho
04-07-2010, 08:50 AM
To say someone is wrong and to prove someone is wrong are 2 different things. Anybody can answer a multiple choice question but not everbody can write a PhD dissertation.

Scott R. Brown
04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
To say someone is wrong and to prove someone is wrong are 2 different things. Anybody can answer a multiple choice question but not everbody can write a PhD dissertation.

You couldn't be more wrong!

<Just anticipating KC Elbows>

KC Elbows
04-07-2010, 09:51 AM
To say someone is wrong and to prove someone is wrong are 2 different things.

A third would be commenting on an eminent wrongness.

A fourth would be talking about the real taiji.

So many things.

Anybody can answer a multiple choice question

This is true.

An example:

What is your favorite color of sweaty man leotard?

A. Blue.
B. Orange.
C. Yellow.
D. Youknowwho is wrong.

The answer is D.

Do not worry, my awesomeness is non-threatening.

charlyws
04-08-2010, 02:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSkujscyFVQ

is that a taiji / Qi / or Mind power?

how do you thing guys?

Scott R. Brown
04-08-2010, 06:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSkujscyFVQ

is that a taiji / Qi / or Mind power?

how do you thing guys?

It is entirely body mechanics. I can do most of that myself, especially with a willing partner. Watch some good Aikido demonstrations with good instructors and you will see the same thing.

If you lived near me I could should you how it is done personally!

Except for the goofy bouncing stuff which is pure bunk!

charlyws
04-08-2010, 07:15 AM
It is entirely body mechanics. I can do most of that myself, especially with a willing partner. Watch some good Aikido demonstrations with good instructors and you will see the same thing.

If you lived near me I could should you how it is done personally!

Except for the goofy bouncing stuff which is pure bunk!

hmm. i like the concepts of body mechanics. what i confused is about the partners itself who always bounce and bounce and bounce like riding a horse :)

:D hehe i think you couldn't show me that thing, because i lived far away,...

Scott R. Brown
04-08-2010, 07:19 AM
hmm. i like the concepts of body mechanics. what i confused is about the partners itself who always bounce and bounce and bounce like riding a horse :)

The bouncing is just students conforming to the game, that is NOT chi. Those effects only occur with the students, if it was chi it would occur with anyone no matter what under almost any conditions and it doesn't.

You will only see these effects with compliant and ignorant participants who WANT it to work!

Xin quan
04-25-2010, 07:36 PM
retardation vs continuation

I contemplate this in regards this thread, on many levels.

y'all a lot funnier than those Wing Chun dudes

qiphlow
05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
did you just feel that? no? then you need more practice.