PDA

View Full Version : Transitional Movement

Eugene
04-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Greetings :)

Am I right that a Transitional Movement means that the weight is going from a stance from one side into the next stance to the other side over the middle weight ?

I practice a staff form and in the lyrics there are 4 Transitional Movements.

And is a Transitional Movement all external movements or also internal movements ? I wanted to understand a deeper meaning of this :)

Peace Eugene

Shaolin
04-09-2010, 08:54 PM
In the begining levels, yes. A transition is moving from one point to the next. It'll have more of a stop and go feel to it. Your energy will feel the same at first, applying power to the obvious applications. Your next goal is to find the movements in between the movements. This will help you to take some of that robotic feeling out of your movements. Your lyrics state 4 movements but there is many more hidden movements within those movements.

As far as wanting deeper understanding, well that deepends on how deep down this rabbit hole you're willing to go.

uki
04-10-2010, 04:25 AM
all movement is transitional. :)

Oso
04-10-2010, 08:33 AM
holy crap, I was jus' going to say what Uki said.

Eugene
04-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey Shaolin :)

Thx for the reply, so its more about movements within movements.

Mostly it does not mean a small break between the postures ? Or a ending and beginning of the second section ?

Well, i feel that deeper understanding is highly important, otherwise it feels very shallow, and like a robot maybe yes.

Oso
04-11-2010, 02:04 PM
[bangs head on table]

taai gihk yahn
04-11-2010, 03:43 PM
all movement is transitional. :)
and all transition is movemental...
(:confused::confused::confused:)

holy crap, I was jus' going to say what Uki said.
that's because his posts induce a state of ego-dampening compliance...

[bangs head on table]
and that does tend to counter the effect...

Oso
04-12-2010, 01:03 PM
no...i'll have to give Uki this one...and i'm banging my head on the table at yet another silly inane thread...

OF COURSE MOVEMENT IS TRANSITIONAL IN NATURE AND OF COURSE THERE ARE LAYERS TO ANY MOVEMENT

David Jamieson
04-12-2010, 01:51 PM
If you don't look like a shields and yarnell robot dance while performing your kungfu, you are doing it WRONG!

This message approved by robots!

Oso
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
^^^^

ur old

David Jamieson
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM
^^^^

ur old

soare you if you know who im talking about. :D

YouKnowWho
04-12-2010, 04:20 PM
is a Transitional Movement all external movements or also internal movements ?

When you use your fork to pick up food from your plate and put into your mouth, is that "internal" or "external"? Do you feel "superior" by referencing the word "internal"?