PDA

View Full Version : Korean Mantis on the Web???

TongLongPai
06-19-2000, 08:52 AM
Every1:

Do you know any websites that have Korean Mantis KungFu or just KungFu in Korea in particular???

------------------
Omitoufo,
TLP

jhayes
06-22-2000, 06:29 PM
There are no web sites featuring Korean mantis that I know of. I am studying mantis in korea at this time and have spoken with some 7* people that have also studied over here but as of now I dont think there are any korean mantis sites on the web. I may be able to awnser any questions you might have just let me know.

TongLongPai
06-22-2000, 11:25 PM
Jhayes:

Finnaly someone to talk to about this! Thank you so much for replying!!! Can you please ask around for any info about Master Chun Dai Soeung (he now lives in the U.S.)? I believe he called his art Ship Pal Gi. His teacher was Greatgrandmaster Lim Poom Chang. Hong Moon Tak is Greatgrangmaster Lim Poom Changs' most famous student. May be you can ask him? He still lives in Korea.
Hopefully you have connections! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
Omitoufo,
TLP

jhayes
06-23-2000, 06:51 PM
I am training right now with master park chil sung also a student of lim poom chang. I have never been told anything about your teacher, but there is a web site with a great geneology page for mei hua tang lang called the mantis cave www.geocities/mantiscave (http://www.geocities/mantiscave) by fernando blanco. I can ask master Park anything you'd like just let me know, but he teaches very old school and gives information when he thinks its relavent and always in a way where the awnser isnt apperant, so you have to think about it yourself for a while. Where in the states is chun dai soeung? can you contact him? according to the mantis cave grandmaster lim poom chang passed away in 1982. Do you study now under chun dai soeung?

TongLongPai
06-24-2000, 07:36 AM
Maybe we should talk about this in e-mail!
I haven't met Chun Dai Soeung, He is my Sifu's teacher. It would be wise to talk via e-mail-(very hush-hush stuff)
Here is mine TongLong18@aol.com You can e-mail me to show me you got this message, just tell me who it is so I won't be confused. Thank you so much!!!!

------------------
Omitoufo,
TLP