PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Wah Lum students

Kungfu boy
06-26-2000, 11:38 PM
Hello,

Right now I am training in praying mantis kung fu(not Wah Lum) here in Humble,Texas. I have just started and I do like it. I have had experience in other systems like kuk sool, jujutsu etc.

My question:
Have any of you done the live in training at the temple? Whats it like? I would like very much to go and train there.

Thanks,

Brian

Robinf
06-27-2000, 01:32 AM
There are some brief descriptions of this training in another post "any wah lumers out there?", posted by jut sow. Hopefully, he'll be along shortly to tell you all about his training. There are a couple of others on this forum that have trained there as well. They should be by soon.

[This message has been edited by Robinf (edited 06-27-2000).]

XfeihungX
06-27-2000, 08:39 AM
kungfuboy....i would not take what jutsow has to say too seriously...he has a very negative attitude and does not see the light side of things....anywayz...i have trained a the temple before and it was great....it was really hard training and i think you will obtain a lot from it.....good luck!

KeyEssence
06-27-2000, 09:39 AM
Kungfuboy...training at the temple is an experience I'd recommend to anyone an everyone!!! The atmosphere is ideal for the serious martial artist, just the presence of Master Chan alone is enough to push you to the limits, immense energy, an alot of motivation, definately is a good idea for anyone wishing to better there martial art skills, good luck!!

Kungfu boy
06-27-2000, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the replies. They are all greatly appreciated.

I am curious about certian aspects of the temple. I am thinking of going for the 6day a week plan on the website. Is there places you can train before or after classes?

As a beginner will I ever get the chance to spar at all? Or is it just for higher belts?

Thanks again for the info. I am seriously interested in going and any more information would be a great honor.

Respectfully,

Brian

Si Hing
06-28-2000, 08:53 AM
Hi Brian!
I will let you know when I return from there next week!!!
Good luck with your training until then!

)))))))Si Hing(((((((((

Kungfu boy
06-28-2000, 11:55 AM
Can't wait to hear back from ya! Have fun, and gets lotsa info to share!

Brian