PDA

View Full Version : Chinese mainland Wing Chun

RenDaHai
04-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Hey Team,

Does anyone know of any proper schools in Mainland china that practice wing chun, and specifically Wing Chun NOT from the Yip Man lineage?

I live in China and practice in Shaolin, but every few months i must travel down south to change my Visa. While there i would like to train a little. Back home I practiced Wingchun (called Yong Chun Quan here) for a long time, but as with most schools in the west it was from Yip man lineage. I would like to try some wing chun as far removed from yip man as possible to see what its like. SO does anyone know any specific schools around guandong province that teach wing chun from a different perspective?

Thanks very much for your time.

LoneTiger108
04-20-2010, 04:08 AM
One of the Sifus I met in Foshan was Mak Yiu Ming (Cheung Bo Lineage) who's Wing Chun was received prior to the Ip Man explosion. Not sure if he has a place in Guandong, but he had quite a few trainee Sifu with him so he's a good point of contact for the region.

Linked with Lun Gai and Derek Frearson in the UK too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4O3KnlSlCY

Xian
05-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Hey Team,

Does anyone know of any proper schools in Mainland china that practice wing chun, and specifically Wing Chun NOT from the Yip Man lineage?

I live in China and practice in Shaolin, but every few months i must travel down south to change my Visa. While there i would like to train a little. Back home I practiced Wingchun (called Yong Chun Quan here) for a long time, but as with most schools in the west it was from Yip man lineage. I would like to try some wing chun as far removed from yip man as possible to see what its like. SO does anyone know any specific schools around guandong province that teach wing chun from a different perspective?

Thanks very much for your time.

Its an old thread but I stumbled on it.Then you should definitly visit Wong Nim Yi from the Mei Gei Wong Wing Chun school. This is basically Yuen Kai San Lineage and not Yip Man Family.
Or to put it in gerneral visit Guo Lo Village and maybe you have the chance to meet Fung Chun Sigung of the Guo Lo Wing Chun. He is already in his nineties I guess but still kicking it as far as he can. Another impressive example what longtime Kung Fu can do to you.

Or also If you ever see a school with Yong Chun written as Eternal Spring and not as Beautiful Spring and they have a curruiculuum that is not SNT,CK,BJ and so on but instead things like Sap Yat Kuen, Weng Chun Kuen, Ping Kuen or other sets pay a visit. They are rare to find on the Mainland or even in Hongkong but for you as a Northern Shaolin practitioner maybe an interesting encounter.

Kind regards,
Xian

Vajramusti
05-02-2012, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=RenDaHai;1005957]Hey Team,

Back home I practiced Wingchun (called Yong Chun Quan here) for a long time, but as with most schools in the west it was from Yip man lineage.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Who was your teacher?

joy