PDA

View Full Version : Chiu Luen History

Nathan
06-29-2000, 02:57 PM
Good Day All,

I'm a student of Chiu Luen in New York. Just wanted to let all about a few pages that now exist related to my teacher. Here's the address: www.digitalavatar.com/7star.htm (http://www.digitalavatar.com/7star.htm)

In future we that is Stephen Hunter Laurette and myself, will try to finally in form the public about some of the technical aspects of 7 star mantis. Our Gung Fu brother Carl A. Albright as already started this process of sharing with his own website(http://members.xoom.com/lawclansman/)

By the way: Our teacher has not given anyone the right to take over the system as its head. He would never presume such a right. He is very serious about staying out of political issues that we American seem so interested at the cause of our practice and peace of mind.

om peace
Nathan Chukueke
please visit the sites listed above.

BeiTangLang
06-29-2000, 04:57 PM
Finaly inform the public?? Are you saying that what is being taught currently is fraudulent??

Nathan
06-29-2000, 10:14 PM
Dear Sir,

The statement, "form the public about some of the technical aspects of 7 star mantis", refers to that fact Chiu Luen sect of 7 Star Praying Mantis has not been sharing what we know with public until very recently. That credit goes to Carl A. Albright. We are only sharing data now because, we may all be died in a few years and some things should be passed on, to as many people as possible. This is in keeping with the gnostic concept of the Invisible College.

In reply to the statement/question, "what is being taught currently is fraudulent??". I can not speak for 7 Star Mantis outside of our sect. What is being taught outside our sect I'm sure validate in the context of its own subjective reality or paradigm. Which is the same for our material, it's all subjective, its just that we have a vast amount of data that needs to be shared, before we all turn to ashes.

Nathan Chukueke

BeiTangLang
06-30-2000, 12:02 AM
Good sir,
I am glad to have cleared up the fact that only recently the information from the Chiu Leun sect has been shared, as I am sure that it will be a great addition to the information already available from the other sects. I look forward to reading over it as it appears on the web.
-pertaining to: "I cannot speak for 7* mantis outside our sect."; indeed, which is why I asked the question. Sorry for the missunderstanding.
BTL

Begging Mantis
06-30-2000, 12:16 AM
Nathan,

I would like to learn more about your sect. Who is your teacher? What do you mean by technical aspects?

Thanks,

BM

Lost_Disciple
06-30-2000, 01:12 AM
Sifu Chukueke,

Hi! My sigung is Raymond Fogg, I believe one of your kung fu brothers. I've seen pictures of yourself, sifu Albright, sifu Ortiz, sifu Laurette, and master Chiu Luen at my sifu's school. My sifu is Jeff Hughes who met all of you in New York as well. I just wanted say "hello", and welcome you to the board. It's great for me to be able to have some type of correspondence with such high-level members of the family. Thank you! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Sincerely,
Eric

HKMantis
06-30-2000, 01:30 AM
Are there any books, videos, articles, or other such media planned for release? If so when? In the mean time I look forward to reading the technical aspects of your sect here.

HK

loki
06-30-2000, 09:44 AM
Hi Sisuk Nathan (hope I am addressing you correctly, if not please accept my apologies). I am a student of S ifu Albright. We met when You all came down to our school in Brooklyn with Sigung Chiu. I performed Small Tiger And Goose for Sigung that night.

Anyway, I was interested in the information you have on the link you have provided but when I click on it all I get is Page not found. Any suggestions?

Nice to see you on the forum.

Nathan
07-01-2000, 01:01 AM
Hello to all,

1. First to those who could not find the link here it is again without the (www) http://DigitalAvatar.org/7star.htm. I really hope it works now.

2. As to the question, who am I and who is my teacher. My name is Nathan Mutanda Chukueke. I have practiced 7 Star Praying Mantis for about 20 years, no not everyday and I’m not a monk, ha , ha. I have been with Chiu Luen for most of my time in the system, I also studied with Lee Kam Wing in Hong Kong a few times, and Su Yu-Chang briefly in New York (nice bunch of guys, too). I practice at my loft in New York. Myself, Stephen Hunter Laurette, Carl Albright, and of course our number one Ho Ji Yiu, have lunch with Chiu Luen from time to time. Chiu Luen has been in China for over a month now. You can find us all at: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/1501/qixing.htm

2. As far as Raymond Fogg and Jeff Hughes go, they are both members of the same family. Raymond Fogg is a classmate of mine, but his studied with our teacher sometime before me, off & on, because he was living I Washington D.C at the time and traveling when he could to New York. His organization has been very helpful in bringing different sects of 7 Star Praying Mantis together, because of his vast knowledge of the system and good political know how. His student Jeff Hughes I consider not a nephew in the system but an equal and very good friend with the highest of moral values. I also know John Cheng, who has been very help in the researching of our system and very humble I might add.

3. As to the technical aspects of 7 Star Praying Mantis. We have noted that our teacher taught all of us basically the same thing, but shared a little sometime different with each of us. The above mentioned people have talked about some of these different pieces of knowledge and compare noted. Also, Stephen, Ji Yiu, and myself don’t teach very much just archive the forms and methods. Carl Albright really is the one teaching these days. He most likely will put out a book first. I will let Stephen talk about more detail as far as the technical aspect to the system as far as methods and practices. Carls web site is also very good on the research side also.

thank for the relies.
PS: the whole idea of this is that Stephen and I get up of our lazy XXX and share the wealth.

Nathan Chukueke

Nathan
07-01-2000, 01:55 AM
Hello, to all

Just me yet again

This website is www.digitalavatar.org/7star.htm (http://www.digitalavatar.org/7star.htm)

not .com, I wish.

Nathan

loki
07-01-2000, 05:26 AM
Thank you Sisuk,
that,s the right one. I finally got through.

Peace.

Lost_Disciple
07-01-2000, 05:29 AM
Woah, I'm honored you think so highly of my sifu and my sigung! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Thank you very much for the additional URLs that I can bookmark and add to my arsenal of Seven Star information. I'm really just a beginner right now, so almost all of my training is still in the realm of the physical; but at the same time I'm just barely beginning the journey of trying to understand the principles and learning to apply them. Thank you also for the information about sifu Ho Ji Yu. I saw him in the pictures as well, but when I asked about all the people in the pictures, the discussion spun off on a totally different tangent before I found out who everybody was. Plus, I think with a lot of the family information, teachers want to make sure you're actually going to stick with it long enough to be considered "family" before you get the low-down on all the stories.

Sigung Fogg was down here a short time ago for a seminar and I found out that he's sort of an internet junkie as well, and with so many of the Seven Star family on here, I might be able to convince him to swing by here. It'd be fun to be a fly on the wall during discussions between yourself, he, sifu Albright, sifu Laurette, and sifu Ortiz.
Though at this early stage in training, it's probably more recommended that I go outside and practise Sup Sei Lo 25 times instead of sitting in here on the net.
I'm printing out all this information and sticking it in my training manual, so please keep it coming!

Thank you so much!
Eric

rmata2001
07-29-2000, 11:16 AM
Hello Sifu Chukueke,

I've posed this question to Sifu Albright and I'm posting it here as well in the hopes that you may have information about a former teacher of my mine.

Many years ago I trained in the Northern 7-Star Praying Mantis system under an excellent teacher and fighter (the best kung fu fighter I've ever seen) in NYC, who also happened to have studied under Master Chiu Leun. His name is Sifu Raymond Nelson and he had a Mantis school in the Bronx.

Coincidentally, I happened to bump into a very old friend in Manhattan several weeks ago who had also trained in Raymond's school during the time that I had. After much reminscing, we got to talking and inquiring about Sifu Nelson. We haven't heard about him in ages.

This is a shot in the dark, but it's very likely that you may have known and trained with him at Master Leun's school when it was on Mott Street. I was wondering if you were acquainted with Sifu Nelson and if so, if you heard or know of anything about him? I have tried searching on the web but to no avail.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

Sincerely,

--rmata2001