PDA

View Full Version : New Weng Chun video by Sifu Maria

Andreas Hoffman
04-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Here is the link from Sifu Mariaīs weng chun inspiration part 2. See grace and power together. Enjoy weng chunīs long pole and other impression from this female warrior!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIorNp1KldU

SAAMAG
04-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the link Andreas, I really like your stuff, too bad it's not accessible for me. You don't have anyone in south Texas do you?

Andreas Hoffman
04-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Thank you Bruce. We are working on coming to US. Now Peter one of my instructors is opening in Toronto, Canada a weng chun school. If you like to contact him: Wengchuntoronto@gmail.com

Also Iīm invited for a seminartour for weng chun end of this year. I like Sifu Mariaīs video. Mariaīs weight is about 50kg, but thru the weng chun bodywork she is ready to rumble!

tashidelek
04-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Thank you Master Hoffmann for sharing this Video,

Sifu Maria is great!!

I wish i can learn from her, does she have a school?
I saw many stuff of some other WengChun Familys but I think that the Bodywork
of your Family its a higher Level!
Sifu Maria demonstrate it very good on her Video
please give me Information
Sincerely Thomas

Andreas Hoffman
04-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Hello Thomas,

yes Sifu Maria is great! Here is her homepage: http://www.südshaolin-nuernberg.de/
She holds also seminars.
All Weng Chun and Wing Chun families are good. Train hard and cultivate yourself!

Pacman
04-30-2010, 12:33 PM
interesting. looks a lot like northern long fist styles like hung gar and choi ley fut

fung siu ching is sum nung's sigung, so between fung siu ching to yuen kay san to sum nung it must have changed considerably, or between fung siu ching to your lineage it must have changed, because that looks nothing like the wing chun i know

tashidelek
05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Thank you master Hoffmann for the information !

Sifu Maria`s Homepage is only in German but a friend of me translate it ,i just send her a email because i will be in Germany in August and would like to ask her for some private lessons I also see on your Homepage that in August have Wengchun Summercamp, it`s possible to participate for somebody outside your organisation?

bevore I did IWKA system but this wasnt realy convincing,
and the leader Mr. Iadarola dont seems very seriously on his seminars, but this chapter is now close for me

Sincerely Thomas

Andreas Hoffman
05-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Hi Thomas,

you are welcome for our summercamp. Please, donīt speak about other people in this thread. This thread is about the new weng chun video by Sifu Maria.

Pacman, I also researched a lot of links to GM Fung Siu Ching in China. Yuen Kay Shan style seemed to add some grappling from GM Fung Siu Ching but not his "bodywork". GM Fung Siu Ching didnīt teach Siu Lim Tao etc.

Pacman
05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
oh very interesting. yes this was what i was told too--that YKS style of WC differs from others due to its influence by Fung Siu Ching, who was very skilled at Tai Chi before learning his WC. As a result there is a lot more emphasis on standing grappling, sweeps, and throws vs other WC styles.

What do you mean by "body work"? Your Weng Chun as it is today seems to have some hung gar of choi lei fut added in (i saw spinning backfists, long straight arm strikes, and high kicks)? That would make sense with its emphasis on Shaolin. YKS style emphasizes its roots more similar to soft styles coming from Aumei and Wudong so the movements are smaller.

Pacman
05-04-2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=WCP.FungSiuChing

It is well documented that Andreas Hoffman, a Student of Cheng Kwong, Further added in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Hung Gar, and Pan Nam Wing Chun into his system

Andreas Hoffman
05-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Hi Pacman,

bodywork is the key for power, balance, mobility and better angels in combat. I learned the weng chun bodywork from Grandmaster Wai Yan, who researched in his weng chun mecca Dai Duk Lan our style with Grandmasters from all styles. Also GM Yip Man shared there his knowledge.

I reached instructor levels in different styles and Iīm always learning. But I donīt mix the styles, I teach for example separately BJJ and weng chun. My friends, who donīt like me, like to spread the rumor that I teach a mix of styles. Wingchunpedia didnīt contact me personal they get their informations from a former student of mine. If you read the informations on Ving Tsun Museum, they have better informations about us.
Also the book "Complete Wing Chun" has much better information, because Sifu Robert Chu meet me personal.

HumbleWCGuy
05-05-2010, 04:13 AM
To me she is demonstrating what should be the standard for kung fu in general. She trains at 100% with precision. Moreover, she uses traditional tactics and footwork, kickboxing, and weapons training to round out her game. To me, that is what makes Kung Fu a superior striking art, but too much 60% training is allowed and accepted to turn a buck. One of my favorite lines in movies says it all...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjo_jTVKMcU.

HumbleWCGuy
05-05-2010, 05:01 AM
I should add that her Chinese is probably impeccable which is apparently the most important aspect in having strong martial arts skill according to resident experts. :confused:

HumbleWCGuy
05-05-2010, 06:51 AM
What I like most about this video is the "under-swings" that she does. To me it represents some of the hidden niceties of Kung Fu striking. I am sure that some people are looking at them as just Kung Fu crap, but If she were wearing boxing trunks she and her trainers would probably be lauded for bringing back the boxing bolo punch.

Pacman
05-05-2010, 04:17 PM
by body work are you talking about the "turning horse" where you shift and rotate your body, with weight on the balls of your feet? that is the basis for our power, angling, mobility etc.

the stuff i am asking about that looks like hung gar are the spinning backfists, straight arm swinging strikes and high kicks that i saw sifu maria do.

is that the wing chun you learned?

Hi Pacman,

bodywork is the key for power, balance, mobility and better angels in combat. I learned the weng chun bodywork from Grandmaster Wai Yan, who researched in his weng chun mecca Dai Duk Lan our style with Grandmasters from all styles. Also GM Yip Man shared there his knowledge.

I reached instructor levels in different styles and Iīm always learning. But I donīt mix the styles, I teach for example separately BJJ and weng chun. My friends, who donīt like me, like to spread the rumor that I teach a mix of styles. Wingchunpedia didnīt contact me personal they get their informations from a former student of mine. If you read the informations on Ving Tsun Museum, they have better informations about us.
Also the book "Complete Wing Chun" has much better information, because Sifu Robert Chu meet me personal.

Andreas Hoffman
05-15-2010, 09:05 AM
To me she is demonstrating what should be the standard for kung fu in general. She trains at 100% with precision. Moreover, she uses traditional tactics and footwork, kickboxing, and weapons training to round out her game. To me, that is what makes Kung Fu a superior striking art, but too much 60% training is allowed and accepted to turn a buck. One of my favorite lines in movies says it all...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjo_jTVKMcU.
Humble guy, you understand what we are doing.
Pacman: body work in our weng chun is the ability to use your whole body, not only your "turning horse". In Weng Chun we are using backfist (Quachoy) and swinging arm (Souchoy) besides the straight punches.