PDA

View Full Version : Master Lee Kam Wing

gwai-jai
07-08-2000, 06:59 PM
Can any one give me information on master Lee Kam Wing Of 7 Star Mantis.

Roch7StarMantis
07-08-2000, 08:35 PM
What would you like to know?
Lee Kam Wing is the 7th Generation Successing GrandMaster of Seven Star Praying Mantis. His Teacher was Chu Chi man. He will be in NYC in Sept. at Sifu Raul Ortiz's school. For more info check out: www.ortiz-prayingmantis.com (http://www.ortiz-prayingmantis.com)
Take care,
Roch7StarMantis

gwai-jai
07-09-2000, 12:52 AM
Roch7StarMantis thanks for the info. The reason I asked about Sifu Lee Kam is that I am a Choy Lee Fut practitioner here in the UK and my son wants to learn kung fu does not wont to train with me (I have trained in Choy Lee Fut & Hung Gar For More than 10 years),He wants to learn 7 Star Mantis at alocal school,The School is of Master Lee Kam Wings Lineage.

Roch7StarMantis
07-09-2000, 02:15 AM
I see, I know that Lee Kam Wing has several Disciples in the UK. I can tell you this, He is a incredible teacher, his credentials are incredible. He also has a book " Secret of the Seven Star Mantis" which I highly recommend.
I had the honor of training with him last year, and I am really looking forward to training again with him this year.
As far as the style goes, I'm sure your son will love it, it is probably better that he starts somewhere else, and later trains with you. He will have a much better appreciation for what you show him.
Take care and good luck,
Roch7StarMantis
If you have other?s post them, or check out www.martialimports.com (http://www.martialimports.com)

word
07-09-2000, 09:31 AM
Lee Kam Wing is okay but he's not that good.

Jbruflat
07-10-2000, 09:11 AM
Mr. Word. I am a student of Lee Kam Wings. Obviously you know nothing of Mantis kung fu. I am willing to personally demonstrate several very interesting techniques upon your person, any place, at any time. Please honor my Sifu and me with the opportunity.

[This message has been edited by Jbruflat (edited 07-11-2000).]

kookyguy
07-10-2000, 12:47 PM
Word doesnt know any kung fu he just trolls the boards , No need to reply to him /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

gwai-jai
07-11-2000, 12:35 AM
I have just visited the mantis school with my son, and was impressed by the standard of the instructor and and the class, he knew his history and gave good answers to all my qestions. So thanks again for the info.
P.S. Although I don`t mimd my son training in mantis kung fu, I still prefere my Choy Lee Fut

Qi Xing Tong Long
09-09-2000, 08:21 PM
ATTENTION LIST:

As you all know by now, I am the sponsor of the "Lee Kam Wing New York 7 Star Mantis Kung Fu Seminars" and this year is his 2nd Annual event and his 3rd trip to the United States.

We are having participants from all over the United States for this wonderful and knowledgable event. One of the most impressive things that I have witness is the Sifu's that attend and willing to share their concepts of techniques with all the other participants, it is just one big "HAPPY FAMILY".

This event is for the serious mantis knowledge seeker ONLY! There is no other event like it in the United States, so I know that you will not want to miss this great opportunity of a life time.

The seminars will be from September 21-24, 2000. On Thursday, Friday and Sunday Lee Kam Wing Sifu will be conducting semiprivate classes and on Saturday 23,9 AM Sharp he will hold the main seminar event.

Two of the forms that he will be teaching in a semiprivate class setting will be:

1) Spear vs. Broadsword
2) 3 Sectional staff

There will be other forms that he will be teaching in the semiprivate class settings.
If you are interested in attending this event, please give me a call or drop me an e-mail @:

(516)942-4025
TongLongKF@aol.com

Come meet and share with wonderful people from around the United States. This is an experience that you will cherish for the rest of your lives.

At the event we will have LKW's NEW book, posters on Law Hon Gung, and T-shirts for sell. So, Remember this event will take place in less than 2 weeks, don't miss this great opportunity.

We are also having on Sunday Dim Sum with Master Chiu Luen and his students in New York City's famous Chinatown.

All serious mantis knowledge seekers are being called, will you answer?

Hope to see you all there.

Peace
Ortiz, Sifu

------------------
Ortiz Northern Shaolin Temple 7-Star Praying Mantis Chinese Boxing Academy

jhayes
09-09-2000, 09:37 PM
Sifu Ortiz, certainly wish I could attend but time does not allow me to travel to new york any time soon, Im sure it will be a great time. off of the subject a bit, has your web page address changed? I seem to run into a dead end when trying to access your web page and would like to see it. thanks

Qi Xing Tong Long
09-11-2000, 12:18 AM
jhayes:

My webpage is having a make-over, trying to include other things and updating it. The problem was I was trying to do it myself, but I have no time so it has taken me longer then I anticipated, so I have hire someone to do it for me and it should be running shortly.

Peace
Ortiz, Sifu

------------------

09-11-2000, 01:13 AM
Sifu,
I just started to take 7 stare from Sifu Brian in Rochester I think its GREAT!! see you in Feburary

Qi Xing Tong Long
09-11-2000, 01:29 AM
Mantis:

I look forward to seeing you at the seminar, keep training hard and you have chosen a good Sifu.

Peace
Ortiz, Sifu

------------------

RAVEN Todd Brenson
09-13-2000, 09:55 PM
Number one I thought this forum is here to say nice things to other artist and that 15 years was a miss print on my behave,I have been in the arts for 20 plus,and mastered Karate as my primary studies,You may even contact my old master Hamid if you desire to,and the reason for no steaching,and influance power,is because I my self sence my injury can not streach any more,in certain areas,And my style of Kwon Chi'Do' is a power style,and am not afraid of standing up to no one,inputicular,Some day we will meet in the nationals if you go to them,and you will see,I have also studied tai chi for two years and am certified in that,have certificates in tae kwon do, certificates in jujitsu,have certificates in kick boxing,also when I was laid up,and out of practice many,many other styles,such as grapling,ninjitsu,just to name a few,amazing what you can do,while you have nothing to do.But were do you get off saying that no one can make up a style its being done every day,and I would not be afraid to stand up to no one at all even Chuck Norris,and he is the worlds #1 martial atrtist isn't he,And yes I have also studied Bruce Lee's JEET Kun Do system and it actualy works,try it some time, read the book? Just keeping up with the world and the best.I may have only mastered one style but I have studied and practiced many more,If you place any or all my studies,as they say it only takes two years to become a black belt in most any martial arts,well I should have mastered most of my studies then,My studies go way back started in 1978 and still pushing strong an stonger every day,please reply to brenson@mwt.net or go back to Kwon Chi'Do' and express your feelings on this.Don't take this as a proposal for a match but if so let it be.My style has even been evaluated by other schools and they also like it.Kwon Chi'Do' means for me to know,and you to find out later?

RochSevenStarMantis
09-14-2000, 04:24 AM
Raven (Is this like Grandmaster?)
"Number one I thought this forum is here to say nice things to other artist and that 15 years was a miss print on my behave,I have been in the arts for 20 plus,and mastered Karate as my primary studies,"

Sounds like a old fishing story

You may even contact my old master Hamid if you desire to,

Who is Hamid? And where is his school?

"and the reason for no steaching,and influance power,is because I my self sence my injury can not streach any more,in certain areas,And my style of Kwon Chi'Do' is a power style,and am not afraid of standing up to no one",

This is a double negative, sounds to me like your afraid of everyone.

"inputicular,Some day we will meet in the nationals if you go to them,and you will see,I have also studied tai chi for two years and am certified in that"

I have never heard of anyone being given a teaching certificate in Tai Chi in less than 10 years.

,have certificates in tae kwon do, "certificates in jujitsu,have certificates in kick boxing,"

What were the certificates for? one day seminars?

also when I was laid up,and out of practice many,many other styles,such as grapling,ninjitsu,just to name a few,amazing what you can do,while you have nothing to do.But were do you get off saying that no one can make up a style its being done every day,and I would not be afraid to stand up to no one at all even Chuck Norris,

Chuck Norris was known for his fighting ability 20 years ago.

"and he is the worlds #1 martial atrtist isn't he,And yes I have also studied Bruce Lee's JEET Kun Do system and it actualy works,try it some time, read the book?"

You learned Jeet from the Book????

"Just keeping up with the world and the best.I may have only mastered one style but I have studied and practiced many more,If you place any or all my studies,as they say it only takes two years to become a black belt in most any martial arts,well I should have mastered most of my studies then,My studies go way back started in 1978 and still pushing strong an stonger every day,please reply to brenson@mwt.net or go back to Kwon Chi'Do' and express your feelings on this.Don't take this as a proposal for a match but if so let it be.My style has even been evaluated by other schools and they also like it.Kwon Chi'Do' means for me to know,and you to find out later?" LOL, that last line was a killer

This is by far the most rediculous post-response I have ever read. Here is some advice for you before you get attempt to post on this board and actually get respect-

"In god We Trust, all others bring Data"
RochSevenStarMantis

Last but not least, run spell check before you post, your spelling is aweful.

[This message has been edited by RochSevenStarMantis (edited 09-14-2000).]

Qi Xing Tong Long
09-14-2000, 07:27 AM
Todd:
http://216.219.234.88/forum/roundtable/tongue.gif
You know it's people like you that give martial arts a bad name. I've been involved with some of the best instructors around in the US and Asia and still in my 31 years of training in martial arts, I wouldn't dare try to create a new style, I have come up with my own concepts within my teachings, but that is not a style.

I'm a certified 7 Star Mantis Kung Fu instructor, I am also a certified Filipino martial arts instructor, I have countless of seminar hours and certificates of JKD training, I'm a certified Thaiboxing instructor, so please don't give me any BS on what I should try, been there done that.

Yet, none of this gives me the right to create my own system. Oh, by the way let me educate you, cause as a GM that you claim to be, you have already made your first mistake and that was to say, that your art was based on power. Softness always overcomes hardness, read the story about the "bamboo and the oak tree".

And you know what, yes I want to meet you and test your skills, because that is what I have been known for, you made the calling, well then I'm accepting. Here is my school address:

562 Stewart Ave. Bethpage, NY 11714
(516)942-4025

I'm located in Long Island and very easy to find. By the way the Nationals doesn't make you a fighter, thats all point BS. I was a member of the Miller-Lite National Karate Team as a Kung Fu representative, been rated #9 nationally and #1 regionally so cut the crap.

I know a lot of great martial artist that are great fighters and teachers and they also wouldn't dare insult the arts by coming up with there own system.

So, your arts name is for you to know and for me to find out later? well I'm calling you, I want to find out NOW!.

Get a life and don't challenge people that you no nothing about. Bruce Lee once said "Kung Fu is no child's play", you're not Bruce Lee and obviously you have misinterpret his writtings.

Bruce Lee said: "don't get caught in the classical mess" (in other words be creative with your fighting, based on what you have) he didn't say go and create your own system.

You are going to lose this one, I've been training kung fu since I was 9 years old and I just turned 41 yesterday. I am still seeking knowledge from reputable masters, I have no reason to glorify myself by creating a style.

My glorification comes when I produce a good student and I pass on the traditions that have been passed to me. You see Todd, in my family tree of kung fu you can trace my name all the way back to the Shaolin Temple, from the founder, to his student and to his student, and to his student, etc., can we say that about you?

I don't like challenging people but Todd, I will go on the record here, I'm calling you out, come and get me, I'll be waiting for you at my school or we can meet at a park, your choice. Oh, and bring some jow cause you're going to need it.

Raul Ortiz, Sifu

------------------

DF
09-14-2000, 07:43 AM
Well said Sifu Ortiz.

And for those who dont know sifu Ortiz, this man is for real, and he takes challenges very seriously like any respectable sifu would.

peace

DF

[This message has been edited by DF (edited 09-14-2000).]

RAYNYSC
09-14-2000, 09:45 AM
Glad to see that you are still keeping it real Sifu Ortiz. Hope to make it up to the school for the LKW semi this month.

If not I'll see you soon...
Oh & by the way happy birthday
all the best.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PEACE /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
RAYNYSC

[This message has been edited by RAYNYSC (edited 09-15-2000).]

crushingstep7
06-08-2006, 07:58 AM
There's an article I recently read on www.chinwoomen.com about Lee Kam Wing. It's on the topic of "Selling Tradition". I was wondering if anyone here had read it, and what they thought about it.

monkeyfoot
06-08-2006, 02:52 PM
you are trying to stir up an empty hornets nest.....this topic died ages ago.

The article you read is only Sifu Pels side of the story, master lee also has his side.

in the end you have to agree to disagree.....too much slandering and politics wastes life.....enough of petty arguments, train hard and train for yourself.

craig

Wang Rui Xuan
06-09-2006, 03:13 AM
The statement is here: http://tanglang.lifehome-china.com/statement_1.html

crushingstep7
06-09-2006, 07:47 PM
I wasn't trying to stir up any arguments or anything, I was just curious as to whether or not there was another side to it or not.

GeneChing
07-12-2018, 09:21 AM
READ The Devastating Palm Techniques of the Seven Star Mantis Style By Lee Kam Wing and Derrick Wright in our SUMMER 2018 issue (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=1420).

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/admin/site_images/KungfuMagazine/upload/2684_KFM2018-Summer-Cover.jpg