PDA

View Full Version : Death Bite!!! Where to Bite?

RenDaHai
04-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Hey Team;

For a lot of us, whether we are good at grappling or not, you will often find yourself in an impossible position;

That said out of desperation we still have weapons. What I want to know is:

WHAT ARE THE BEST PLACES TO BITE?

I think that a well aimed bite at someones jugular could at least have a strangling effect and at worst sever it killing the opponant. Of course i don't know for sure because like most humans I have never done this. I think its a better target than the throat because its easier to access.

So what do you guys think are good biting targets? bear in mind the various positions you may be in when being subdued. Got any other nasty desperation moves? Please share.

YouKnowWho
04-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Here is one good target.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7640/changbite.jpg

but I think "finger" is better target. It doesn't take much effort for someone to bite a finger off your hand. The "psychological fear" that you may lose that finger forever may take your fighting desire away at that moment. In your mind you want to go to hospital ASAP, so doctor can connect that broken finger back to your hand before it's too late.

SAAMAG
04-24-2010, 10:12 AM
**** YEA....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es

Scott R. Brown
04-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Bite wherever you can, but inside the thighs and biceps, and of course the ear, are very good indeed!

The infection will come close to killing them if they don't get antibiotics and they will carry your teeth marks their whole life, the scar is usually permanent if you break the skin!

Defense against a bite, is to shove whatmever part is in your opponents mouth down their throat, it forces the mouth open giving you the opportunity to withdraw it with minimal tearing. Kill the sucker and then get immediate medical treatment!

YouKnowWho
04-24-2010, 06:42 PM
When you bite on the body, arm, or leg, try not to only sinking your teeth into the bone. Use slide motion, this way you can create bigger open wound and draw more blood.

If you have this on your finger, it may be able to cause more damage than your teeth. Last time my opponent refused to play ground game with me when I had this on.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1913/spikesring.jpg

uki
04-25-2010, 02:36 AM
i bit a dog that bit me once... LOL... never bit me again. :D

David Jamieson
04-25-2010, 05:34 AM
biting is a good way to pick up a nasty pathogen yourself. In fact, so is fighting.
You never know who has dirty blood and who would think that you are casting a death sentence on yourself for mixing it up with that guy over who has a better team.

food for thought

uki
04-25-2010, 05:43 AM
food for thoughtyummy!!! :)

RenDaHai
04-25-2010, 06:34 AM
@ David;

Very true,

But I think if you are willing to bite, the situation has to be life threatening anyway, and biting is less of a gamble then submitting.

@ Everyone

Good tips so far, i especially like the 'slide motion' idea.

SPJ
04-25-2010, 07:00 AM
if you want to inflict a wound and pain

you bite anywhere that you have access too

if you want to kill a person

you may bite major artery where you have access to

however, this is a forum about avoiding fatal injury

not a forum telling young people how to deliver a fatal bite

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30UaROwbA8Y

a mother cheetah teaching cubs

--

SPJ
04-25-2010, 07:03 AM
bitten finger may be fixed

but chewed finger may be and may be not.

:eek:

mooyingmantis
04-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Realistically, the only two places that could cause quick death from a bite are the windpipe and the scrotum. The windpipe can be crushed with a bite and severing a testicle could cause quite a bit of blood loss with possible accompanied seizures.
Biting off a finger or toe would cause more psychological damage than physical. My step-father lost several fingers in an industrial accident with no risk to life.

The external and internal jugular veins would be very difficult to bite due to depth and angles. Check an anatomy book and you will see what I mean.

As David said, AIDS and hepatitis are a risk factor whenever blood comes in contact with a mucous membrane.

Richard

SPJ
04-25-2010, 07:09 AM
you bite the tendon around the wrist

the opponent may not use the hand to fight or use a sword or weapon

--

Lokhopkuen
04-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Nipples:rolleyes:

kristcaldwell
04-25-2010, 07:09 PM
i've developed a style that incorporates sissy slapping and ankle biting.

:)

Lucas
04-26-2010, 09:54 AM
you can bite a nose off pretty easily, just dont forget to spit it in their face.

TenTigers
04-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Realistically, the only two places that could cause quick death from a bite are the windpipe and the scrotum. The windpipe can be crushed with a bite and severing a testicle could cause quite a bit of blood loss with possible accompanied seizures.
Biting off a finger or toe would cause more psychological damage than physical. My step-father lost several fingers in an industrial accident with no risk to life.

The external and internal jugular veins would be very difficult to bite due to depth and angles. Check an anatomy book and you will see what I mean.

As David said, AIDS and hepatitis are a risk factor whenever blood comes in contact with a mucous membrane.

Richard

and catching a nasty fungus from fromunda cheese....

GeneChing
04-26-2010, 10:01 AM
It's actually fairly common to get bit in street situations. I've only been bit on the arms, but a few of my intervention team have been bit in worse places. One lost an apple-sized chunk of flesh from his gut when a patient that he had in a headlock turned on him. That was horrid. He contracted a cellulitus from that and it was such a large avulsion that it scarred terribly.

I've been percolating about developing an article on biting. There's a lot of misconceptions about it (you can see a few on this thread, but such is the forum, eh?) It's on my 'to do' list somewhere....

SPJ
04-26-2010, 10:09 AM
you can bite a nose off pretty easily, just dont forget to spit it in their face.

actually spit into the eyes--

SanHeChuan
04-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Meh,

Just die with some dignity. ;)

kristcaldwell
04-26-2010, 10:51 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/12/21/2009-12-21_tennessee_lawyer_mark_lambert_bites_off_part_of _greg_herbers_nose_during_fight_o.html

always proud of my profession! :)

Lucas
04-26-2010, 11:15 AM
told ya. noses come off easy!

SPJ
04-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I would just pee in the sink or on the floor

and then rinse with water afterwards

biting some one nose b/c he is blocking the way to urinal

--

:eek:

GeneChing
04-26-2010, 12:05 PM
I was about to refute Lucas's ease of nose biting post, but now I won't.

Lucas
04-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I was about to refute Lucas's ease of nose biting post, but now I won't.

thats right sucka

sanjuro_ronin
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMhVLPwH47k

:D

goju
04-26-2010, 03:08 PM
i've developed a style that incorporates sissy slapping and ankle biting.

:)

krav maga?:D:p

YouKnowWho
04-26-2010, 05:08 PM
I've been percolating about developing an article on biting.

I had invited a MMA guy that if I let him to get an arm bar on me, at the same time I'll sink my teeth into his flesh, and to see who is going to tap out first. So far he has not shown any interest to participate my experiment yet. My interst is to find out which way can cause more pain.

Scott R. Brown
04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I had invited a MMA guy that if I let him to get an arm bar on me, at the same time I'll sink my teeth into his flesh, and to see who is going to tap out first. So far he has not shown any interest to participate my experiment yet. My interst is to find out which way can cause more pain.

And which one takes longer to heal?

The infection of a bite could conceivably kill you while an armbar break could make you a lefty for life!

RenDaHai
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Wow!

So it seems biting is even more effective than i thought!

About infections; We have alot of defense mechanisms in our mouths to prevent them... Animals bite things all the time (i realise we are far removed but still). Of course with the more viralent blood diseases it is a major worry... And i suppose the kind of person you would have to bite in a streetfight is going to be one of the less pleasant members of society who might be more likely to have one of these diseases....

Do we have a doctor here? What are the risks like?

Also given s Biting seems so effective, as in Genes example (did he let go by the way?) are there modifications one can make to certain holds to keep as far away from the mouth as possible?

@Gene, I think you should definately do that article... A lot of kung fu guys are weaker at grappling, it may be a more necessary move for them...

Scott R. Brown
04-26-2010, 06:31 PM
There are more dangerous infections one may get from a human bite than a dog bite!

And that is without the biter having any special pre-existing disease!

YouKnowWho
04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
are there modifications one can make to certain holds to keep as far away from the mouth as possible?

Such modification can be developed if biting will be allowed in the ground game some day.

And which one takes longer to heal?
The problem is a deteched finger can never be healed. It's very hard to take someone's arm off by using arm bar.

Scott R. Brown
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Just wear leather clothing!

RenDaHai
04-26-2010, 06:43 PM
There are more dangerous infections one may get from a human bite than a dog bite!

And that is without the biter having any special pre-existing disease!

Yeah, but it seems the 'Bitten' is much more likely to develop an infection than the 'Biter'. So as the 'Biter' how safe is it to use the technique?

Scott R. Brown
04-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah, but it seems the 'Bitten' is much more likely to develop an infection than the 'Biter'. So as the 'Biter' how safe is it to use the technique?

It is unlikely the biter will get an infection, although it is possible. If the biter has no open sores in their mouth they will probably be ok. But as with all things there is a risk. I would only bite someone if I feared my life was in danger. I would rather deal with an infection after the fact, than be dead....right?