PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun guy tries out for M-1.

MasterKiller
04-26-2010, 06:34 AM
It takes a couple of minutes to get there, but it's worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_3F6Zwbp9E

Dragonzbane76
04-26-2010, 08:12 AM
didn't they already have a thread on this???

Scott R. Brown
04-26-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't watch that show, but why not just let the guy spar with someone?

If he does well fine, if not, well at least he knows where he stands!

Is M1 all about show or is it about fighting? If it is about fighting then who cares what they use, if they can compete they should be allowed to try!

TenTigers
04-26-2010, 08:26 AM
it seems that the promoters of the fight only want muay thai,boxing, and grappling, and will not recognize you unless you fit into their belief system. No square pegs allowed.
Sean has fought in other venues which didn't seem to have a problem with him.

Scott R. Brown
04-26-2010, 08:32 AM
so I guess that explains why he got so mad then huh?

cerebus
04-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Dayum! :eek: Wing Chun guy freaked out because they didn't choose him! That was an embarrassing display/ tantrum on his part... :(

bawang
04-26-2010, 08:43 AM
wing chun makes a huge black guy act like a womans
its a abomination and mast b destroyed

TenTigers
04-26-2010, 08:45 AM
so I guess that explains why he got so mad then huh?
I'm guessing that it was simply drama for the show and not real.
It seems that the only way to get to the public's eye is through drama-from Ali, to Madonna, Michael Jackson, Lady Ga-Ga, to UFC. It's all about the drama.

Dragonzbane76
04-26-2010, 08:47 AM
looked like a B!tch fest to me. I always shy away from that crap, even Ultimate fighter after the first 2 seasons I really didn't watch because of the "drama" attached to it. My thoughts are JUST FIGHT and shut the Fu(k up.

Phil Redmond
04-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Dayum! :eek: Wing Chun guy freaked out because they didn't choose him! That was an embarrassing display/ tantrum on his part... :(

He was making fun of the promoters when he bowed down to them. It wasn't for real.

cerebus
04-27-2010, 11:54 AM
He was making fun of the promoters when he bowed down to them. It wasn't for real.

I got that. I'm thinking of the whole "I WILL DIE A WING CHUN MAN! I WILL DIE A WING CHUN MAN!!! I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR MANY LIFETIMES!" stuff. Though the whole bowing down thing makes him look ridiculous and overexaggerated.

Frost
04-28-2010, 02:47 AM
it seems that the promoters of the fight only want muay thai,boxing, and grappling, and will not recognize you unless you fit into their belief system. No square pegs allowed.
Sean has fought in other venues which didn't seem to have a problem with him.

He i believe has not fought anywhere near this level of competition

yes there was a thread about his a while ago and that video is not all they saw of him......in addition to watching him warm up and hit the pads (and fall over lol) they also watched him grapple (well spazz out and look like a complete newbie/whitebelt that he is as even a friend of him put it) that was enough for them to see he had no real skill

why let him spar and get hurt? they have watched enough fighters over the years to know what they are looking for

Frost
04-28-2010, 02:48 AM

nope but the whole im a wing chun man till i die was real...and stupid :rolleyes:

Frost
04-28-2010, 02:49 AM
I don't watch that show, but why not just let the guy spar with someone?

If he does well fine, if not, well at least he knows where he stands!

Is M1 all about show or is it about fighting? If it is about fighting then who cares what they use, if they can compete they should be allowed to try!

the whole point is they watched him warm up, watched him grapple (badly not seen on the clip) and watched him hit the pads and decided for his own good not to let him fight....its their show and they know what they are looking for

bennyvt
04-28-2010, 03:16 AM
maybe they didn't want their fighters to get hurt. Who knows. Who's to say he couldn't stop a shoot and smash them. I guess they just after guys that can hit pads and roll.

Frost
04-28-2010, 03:29 AM
maybe they didn't want their fighters to get hurt. Who knows. Who's to say he couldn't stop a shoot and smash them. I guess they just after guys that can hit pads and roll.

according to one of his friends that posted on this site he grappled with some of the other guys and went ape sh*t like a newbie so that didn't exactly help him out

goju
04-28-2010, 03:38 AM
well he fell so the pads essentially kicked his ass

would makes one think he wouldnt do better against a person lol

shawchemical
04-28-2010, 10:20 PM
according to one of his friends that posted on this site he grappled with some of the other guys and went ape sh*t like a newbie so that didn't exactly help him out

I was honestly hoping that it would turn into a bareknuckle match outside the ring.

Made me wonder, if he KOs the "selectors" does that get him into the show??

It seems a pretty weird approach to cut based on grappling and kicking pads like a thai fighter.

surely, it would have been better to get them into the ring to at least have a go.

Obasi loses cred by acting like an idiot and not taking the decision like a man.

All in all, all parties involved looked pretty stupid.

Lucas
04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
finally watched this. idk, he kind of flipped out for a second but at the same time...he is a wing chun guy. not a lot of round houses thrown in wing chun training.

i dont see why they couldnt just throw some gloves on and have a nice 3 min spar session to check his hands.

what if he was a boxer and a wrestler? would they still make him do round house kicks on some pads ?

that part makes no sense to me, the selector guy mentions how he needs to think about other types of fighting, which is true, but at the same time he contridicts himself by showing he didnt give a wing chun guy the opportunity to show where his real skill set lies....

Knifefighter
04-29-2010, 07:47 PM
well he fell so the pads essentially kicked his ass

would makes one think he wouldnt do better against a person lol

LOL.. goju finally makes a good post.

That was pretty lame making those guys demo their supposed skills, rather than actually having them do matches to determine the fighters.

Lucas
04-30-2010, 09:45 AM
LOL.. goju finally makes a good post.

That was pretty lame making those guys demo their supposed skills, rather than actually having them do matches to determine the fighters.

ya i agree.