PDA

View Full Version : Grand Master Simon to be inducted to Canadian Black Belt Hall of Fame

zengrasshopper
04-26-2010, 10:11 AM
It's true, Grand Master O. E. Simon, founder of Temple Kung Fu & Simon's Karate Studios is set to be inducted into the Canadian Black Belt Hall of Fame this year!

http://templekungforum.14.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=292

He is on the list of inductees as Dr. Olaf Simon:

http://www.canadianblackbelthalloffame.com/inductees.html

sanjuro_ronin
04-26-2010, 10:25 AM
It's true, Grand Master O. E. Simon, founder of Temple Kung Fu & Simon's Karate Studios is set to be inducted into the Canadian Black Belt Hall of Fame this year!

Wow, looking back over all those pics...
Its been ages since I saw Park, Guest, Sloky and others...wow...they have aged.
Funny how that works, when you don' see someone for a long time you still have the most vivid memories of them in your head, then you see them and wow.

MasterKiller
04-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Well, P.T. Barnum said something about this...

David Jamieson
04-26-2010, 01:27 PM
That Canadian Black Belt Hall of Fame reads like a laundry list of nobodies for the most part. there are some serious martial artists in Canada who aren't even on that list and then there are some prime time jokers that are on that list.

I wouldn't give it much cred. It's not a legit body or organization and it only represents those who are willing to give it buy in and pay for their trophy. And of course they like to reward people posthumously so that they can have an actual big name or two on the list without someone calling and telling them to take it off. :p

In a couple of words, so what. lol

firepalm
04-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Simon's a f r e a king joke, full stop end of sentence. :eek:

bawang
04-27-2010, 05:23 AM
does anyone want to make a hardcore badass kung fu society ?we can call it super duper manly chinese boxing association. whos in???

David Jamieson
04-27-2010, 05:39 AM
does anyone want to make a hardcore badass kung fu society ?we can call it super duper manly chinese boxing association. whos in???

How about we just keep practicing and not worry so much about societies and certificates, awards and status symbols.

Too much time spent playing around with that stuff can ruin whatever kungfu you may have.

I find that some of the very best in a field are often unknown due to their innate modesty and their true focus on their passion.

There are few things that spoil someone or stagnate someone more than a modicum of fame will. I've seen it quite a few times on the spectrum. It's an odd reality of humanity.

bawang
04-27-2010, 05:58 AM
but how will we hold underground lei tai fights??

srsly speaking, i feel sad that chinese and white kung fu communities are separated in a lot of places especially small towns. maybe out of greed the rice bowl making machine has gone out of control and become something on its own and rejected its master.

David Jamieson
04-27-2010, 05:59 AM

well those can still be promoted through the standard methods of posters on phone poles and facebook groups. :p

sanjuro_ronin
04-27-2010, 06:08 AM

srsly speaking, i feel sad that chinese and white kung fu communities are separated in a lot of places especially small towns. maybe out of greed the rice bowl making machine has gone out of control and become something on its own.

Don't worry too much about it, the chinese never like us big ****ed white guys banging their asian chicks anyway, trust me on this !

bawang
04-27-2010, 06:09 AM
wow nice high five

hay man u know i am rediculously out of shape but this summer i train hard. i woke up at 5 am today no lie. u guys r all in ontario do u gaise wanna meeet sum tiem
i mak internet frends

taai gihk yahn
04-27-2010, 06:13 AM

cool, I didn't realize that they had added a "Cult Leader/Scam Artist" division

sanjuro_ronin
04-27-2010, 06:14 AM
wow nice high five

hay man u know i am rediculously out of shape but this summer i train hard. i woke up at 5 am today no lie. u guys r all in ontario do u gaise wanna meeet sum tiem

If you promise to speak English.

sanjuro_ronin

Every good hall of fame has to have one !

bawang

its ok if u dont make eye contact

If you promise to speak English.

i prmoise dood
i speak super duper good english in rel life

i trieed to meet dave jamieson 3 years ago when i was just out of high school and new in ontario but he was scared i might be scary guy and assrape him so he said no

David Jamieson
04-29-2010, 06:01 AM
its ok if u dont make eye contact

i prmoise dood
i speak super duper good english in rel life

i trieed to meet dave jamieson 3 years ago when i was just out of high school and new in ontario but he was scared i might be scary guy and assrape him so he said no

lol.

You were too lazy and poor to make your way to the north east of the city to practice on wednesday nights which is my open night for anyone to come and practice and exchange with martial arts of any stripe. :)

You're still invited. :p
Same with anyone else like minded and interested.

TenTigers
04-29-2010, 06:17 AM
how can you have an underground Lei Tai ? Wouldn't you hit your head?
Maybe instead of a fighting platform, you can have a fighting ditch....

David Jamieson
04-29-2010, 06:29 AM
The other funny thing is that it never stops with this guy. endless streams of lying and misrepresentation of himself and his knowledge.

for one thing, he's been completely debunked as any sort of martial artist in a court of law. there are transcripts available whereby he publicly admits his complete lack of any instruction in legitimate martial arts.

But here's a good one. He claims to have a PhD in Lit from the University of Jena.

the University of Jena doesn't offer PhD's in Literature for pete's sake.

So, Olaf is still a fraud and the hall of fame people are apparently idiots who don't bother vetting their inductees...but that was already obvious.

I think that I shall start a black belt hall of fame and it shall have REAL criteria for induction and will require actual background in martial arts. lol

taai gihk yahn
04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I think that I shall start a black belt hall of fame and it shall have REAL criteria for induction and will require actual background in martial arts. lol
now that's just crazy talk!

Lucas
04-29-2010, 09:52 AM

one sec real fast let me ebay a black belt real quick.

David Jamieson
04-29-2010, 10:00 AM
one sec real fast let me ebay a black belt real quick.

That won't cut it man. I'm going with the Han's Island model... :D

You gotta fight, for your right, to party in my black belt hall of fame.

Lucas
04-29-2010, 10:01 AM
ok hold on....ill ebay a certificate too. how about if i include a PHD?

David Jamieson
04-29-2010, 10:03 AM
ok hold on....ill ebay a certificate too. how about if i include a PHD?

The Island will tell us everything we need to know.

And, we are not going to force you to sell heroin for us either.

Lucas
04-29-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm going with the Han's Island model... :D

wait...does this include having big hair?

David Jamieson
04-29-2010, 10:05 AM
wait...does this include having big hair?

If you are going to insist on using the term "jive ass" or "turkey" then yes, a fro is required.

Black fro or jew fro, either is acceptable, but perm fro on an irish ginger is strictly frowned upon.

nothing against the irish, but NO gingers. except maybe Uki and only if he promises to wash up and perform juggling tricks in between matches.

Xiao3 Meng4
04-29-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw

Lucas
04-29-2010, 10:08 AM
sorry i think you mis typed that. you mean, 'perform juggling tricks during his matches'

ill make sure to go grab some fro picks on my lunch.

David Jamieson
04-29-2010, 10:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw

what? a humourous video pointing out prejudice immediately following a fro remark?

you MUST be from Ottawa! The centre of eth PC universe. :p

Xiao3 Meng4
04-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Now now, "centre of the PC universe" may be offensive to PCs elsewhere... ;)

"A couple of Gs,
An R, and an E,
An I and an N...

Just six little letters,
all jumbled together,
have caused damage that we may never mend..." :D

David Jamieson
04-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Now now, "centre of the PC universe" may be offensive to PCs elsewhere... ;)

"A couple of Gs,
An R, and an E,
An I and an N...

Just six little letters,
all jumbled together,
have caused damage that we may never mend..." :D

well, we don't have any "PCs" in parliament anymore.
So, the politically correct moniker still applies to Ottawa as far as canada goes.

taai gihk yahn
04-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Hey, why don't u Canooks go take yer McKenzie banter over to some server based in Moosejaw...

cerebus
04-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Hey, why don't u Canooks go take yer McKenzie banter over to some server based in Moosejaw...

Take off hoser!

David Jamieson
04-29-2010, 05:06 PM
yeah eh!

*chugs a beer*

taai gihk yahn
04-29-2010, 06:02 PM
and of course, we all know where Moosejaw is...

David Jamieson
04-30-2010, 05:51 AM
and of course, we all know where Moosejaw is...

of course, it's about 6 feet from moose ass. :D

oldest joke on the prairies, right up there with watching your dog run away for 3 days...

r.(shaolin)
07-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Canadian Black Belt Hall of Fame-who are these guys? they don't seem to know the difference between kungfu and hybrid kempo / karate.

r.

David Jamieson
07-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Canadian Black Belt Hall of Fame-who are these guys? they don't seem to know the difference between kungfu and hybrid kempo / karate.

r.

Yes, they're idiots. We concluded that in about the first 5 posts. lol :p