PDA

View Full Version : Wah Lum

mantis man
07-15-2000, 02:56 AM
Hi,
Just wondering if there are any other Wah Lum people out there?

Si Hing
07-17-2000, 08:09 AM
Hello MM!!

Nice to see another one of us here! I study under Sifu Fran Aldrich in Plymouth! Welcome !!

Si Hing

KungFuKrissy
07-17-2000, 11:11 AM
Hello! I study Wah Lum in New Port Richey, Florida. My Sifu is Bruce Cohen. I am fairly new to it, but I absolutely LOVE it! Were either of you at Tournament 2000? I remember seeing a few really good guys from somewhere in Massachusetts...

Thrullas
08-22-2000, 10:45 PM
Yes Im new at the temple here in Orlando -- HELLO!!!

Hua Lin Laoshi
08-23-2000, 01:39 AM
Welcome to the forum and Wah Lum. How do you like it so far? Do you have previous training?

bitesfirst
08-23-2000, 05:24 AM
I began training in Wha Lum about 10 years ago. Unfortunatly, my Kwoon closed 8 years ago. I've practiced with several friends who also studied a bit of Wha Lum and other styles over the years, so I remember most of what I was taught. I just began training with Sifu Nelson Chan in Quincy, MA. I can't go very often, but I love being back! It's also great to see so many Wha Lum students here! By the way, I also have a background in Shotokan, Judo, Aikido and Kenpo.

Hua Lin Laoshi
08-24-2000, 01:41 AM
I've got a bit of a Kenpo background myself although that was quite a few years ago. I must admit I do miss it. It's very practical and good for the street. I don't worry about fighting as much as I did when I was younger. I'm more interested in traditional Kung Fu. I like to collect forms like they are antiques. A bit of history.