PDA

View Full Version : Joplin MO Tai Chi Program

BGZ BadBoy
04-29-2010, 03:31 PM
The City of Joplin Parks and Recreation Department has inquired with me personally as to public Tai Chi classes being taught at Shifferdecker Park. With the Parks and Recreation Department's pending endorsement and support, the Joplin public Wu Style Tai Chi program has the potential of becoming the primary focus of our current training schedule. Updates on the program will be announced on the website as they become available.
To my detractors..too bad your complaints and vain attempts to shut my public programs down have resulted in increased membership and revenue for yours truly. Btw..our full-contact fighting program is not open to the general public and is only available to a handful of personal students who have demonstrated an interest in developing their overall fighting skills. General students are not allowed to participate in the program. Of course, if you had bothered to inquire with me personally, you would have already known this..lol. Peace.

uki
04-29-2010, 03:36 PM
local governments are just as much as a joke as you are. :)

uki
04-29-2010, 03:38 PM
isn't missouri bankrupt?? LOL

uki
04-29-2010, 03:40 PM
so what is your day job?? do you know any physical trades besides being a master bada$$ martial artist?? do you still live with mommy?? :eek:

uki
04-29-2010, 03:41 PM
i'd hate to be in missouri when the new madrid fault line rips apart...

uki
04-29-2010, 03:45 PM
if i sign up and get my ass kicked in a real situation, do i get my money back?? is there any guarrantee?? what if i rip one of your students jaws off and stab them the in the ****ing throat with it - will i get the job instead of you?? :p

SoCo KungFu
04-29-2010, 03:48 PM
The City of Joplin Parks and Recreation Department has inquired with me personally as to public Tai Chi classes being taught at Shifferdecker Park. With the Parks and Recreation Department's pending endorsement and support, the Joplin public Wu Style Tai Chi program has the potential of becoming the primary focus of our current training schedule. Updates on the program will be announced on the website as they become available.
To my detractors..too bad your complaints and vain attempts to shut my public programs down have resulted in increased membership and revenue for yours truly. Btw..our full-contact fighting program is not open to the general public and is only available to a handful of personal students who have demonstrated an interest in developing their overall fighting skills. General students are not allowed to participate in the program. Of course, if you had bothered to inquire with me personally, you would have already known this..lol. Peace.

Nice, good idea. Lessens the chances you get your ass beat down by a walk-in eh?

cerebus
04-29-2010, 03:49 PM
To my detractors..too bad your complaints and vain attempts to shut my public programs down have resulted in increased membership and revenue for yours truly. ..lol. Peace.

No one tried to "shut your public programs down" you fool. Tyson Derrr is 40 years old, going on 8. What a dimwit... :rolleyes:

uki
04-29-2010, 03:50 PM
No one tried to "shut your public programs down" you fool. Tyson Derrr is 40 years old, going on 8. What a dimwit... wouldn't he be going on 41?? :p

cerebus
04-29-2010, 03:58 PM
wouldn't he be going on 41?? :p

No. I'd say his maturity and intelligence are at about the level of an 8 year old. And that's being generous.

BGZ BadBoy
04-29-2010, 04:01 PM
In fact, cerebus, the idiot who made the phone call to the City of Joplin Parks and Recreation Department is someone who posts regularly on this forum. Who it is is irrelevant at this point..what is relevant is that not only didn't it work, but will likely result in increased participation and revenue from our Joplin group.
As far as getting into a flame war with you over something you're obviously completely clueless about, don't expect me to respond further to your idiotic and dimwitted comments..lol.

Drake
04-29-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm sure once they read your profanity ridden madness on your website, they may reflect on how their city council would be viewed by endorsing a raving lunatic.

And even with my unlimited minutes on my phone... I still would not call anyone about you. I am one who prefers to watch people self-destruct, and try to let it be as natural and unaltered self destruction as possible...

BGZ BadBoy
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Drake,
Whatever you have to tell yourself in order to sleep well at night is fine with me..lol. In fact, my personal website has already been discussed and the appropriate changes are pending. Keep your eyes peeled..I'm sure you'll find the new content as exciting and gossip-inducing as ever..lol.

Zheme jiu, ji chun de..

uki
04-30-2010, 02:54 AM
No. I'd say his maturity and intelligence are at about the level of an 8 year old. And that's being generous.yeah... i am not to sure about an 8 year old either - my 5 year old has more class, wit, and intelligence. :D

Dragonzbane76
04-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Nice, good idea. Lessens the chances you get your ass beat down by a walk-in eh?

hahah thought that was a funny one liner. short sweet to the point. :)

Scott R. Brown
04-30-2010, 09:00 AM
A City Government asking you to teach is not exactly something that most people would consider a vote of confidence! Since when can any city government make a correct decision about anything? Clearly they know nothing about the marital arts!

I really doubt anyone here cares whether you are a success or a failure!

But reading your whining posts is always good for a hearty laugh and it does kill some time.......as well as brain cells.....so I recommend that everyone take you in small doses so as not to lose all sense! You are not quite as bad as Hendrik yet though! Keep trying though you do have a talent for being inane, foolish, immature and whinny! Did I say, whinny yet?:eek:

Skip J.
04-30-2010, 11:19 AM
A City Government asking you to teach is not exactly something that most people would consider a vote of confidence! Since when can any city government make a correct decision about anything? Clearly they know nothing about the marital arts!

I really doubt anyone here cares whether you are a success or a failure!

But reading your whining posts is always good for a hearty laugh and it does kill some time.......as well as brain cells.....so I recommend that everyone take you in small doses so as not to lose all sense! You are not quite as bad as Hendrik yet though! Keep trying though you do have a talent for being inane, foolish, immature and whinny! Did I say, whinny yet?:eek:
Well Scott;

I did take Hendrik on as a project a week or two back..... it didn't work out tho..

Perhaps I could try again with Tyson?????

Listen up......

I have been an instructor in our local parks and rec program for 3 years......

If you don't know me pretty good, you have no idea what town I'm in, what style I do, who my school is, nada...

I have no website, no blog, and say no words here that reflect on my school one way or the other; good, bad, or indifferent..

A school "program" is not an individual, it is a program that many individuals participate in.... students just as much as the instructors...

the cure for flamers is flame-proof underwear, I keep mine close by in case I need'em quick.

Scott R. Brown
04-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Well Scott;

I did take Hendrik on as a project a week or two back..... it didn't work out tho..

Perhaps I could try again with Tyson?????

What? You want to bang your head against the wall......again?:)

Skip J.
05-01-2010, 09:18 AM
What? You want to bang your head against the wall......again?:)
Hey Scott;

I just luv to work out a little bit of adrenaline flow when I can.... then I can be sane afterwards for awhile...

It's kinda funny, Tyson's the age of my son; and he makes my son look real good by comparison... there's that glass 1/2 full thing again....

Scott R. Brown
05-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey Scott;

I just luv to work out a little bit of adrenaline flow when I can.... then I can be sane afterwards for awhile...

It's kinda funny, Tyson's the age of my son; and he makes my son look real good by comparison... there's that glass 1/2 full thing again....

That is actually a very interesting attitude to me Skip because I consider my time here on the BB part of my training!:)

BGZ BadBoy
05-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Part of your training? LOL! That explains ALOT, Oh Enlightened One..lol.

Scott R. Brown
05-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Part of your training? LOL! That explains ALOT, Oh Enlightened One..lol.

Clearly you are as ignorant about Ch'an as you are about just about everything else!

Maybe someday you will grow up, but since you haven't yet, at your age, it is doubtful!

uki
05-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Maybe someday you will grow up, but since you haven't yet, at your age, it is doubtful!he's pretty much a nailed coffin. :)

Skip J.
05-02-2010, 11:06 AM
That is actually a very interesting attitude to me Skip because I consider my time here on the BB part of my training!:)
I don't see that as separate concepts, Scott.....

A major part of my training in taiji is to let-it-be..... so to let the adrenaline "warrior spirit" out in a controlled environment is a good "exercise" of that internal control so necessary to remain completely relaxed while whacking on bad guys...

I don't know about anybody else, but adrenaline flow is a chemical reaction I have no control over; and have had to learn to just let it wash over me without reacting to get by in life. So like the true junkie I am, I have chosen a personal life that is difficult, and a business life that is extremely difficult.

At any time I am sittin' here being oh so polite.... it could be that my whole world is teetering on the edge, again....

Then along comes a suitable bad boy, and it's ok to say what I really think at that moment; and then that long tide of relief floods in oh so nice.... like I said, a real life adrenaline junkie... I'm still polite about it tho....

Ten years from now I'll no longer be a beginner (I hope) and will be able to just shut that chemical reaction down before it happens.

Skip J.
05-02-2010, 11:09 AM
he's pretty much a nailed coffin. :)
good to see you over here again!!!!! been kinda quiet lately....

Scott R. Brown
05-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi Skip,

It is our ego that interprets any situation as being hostile or peaceful. Any adrenaline dump one experiences, then, is related to how we interpret our environment. If we do not interpret an event as hostile we do not experience an adrenaline dump.

The quality of all experience is created by our ego interpreting events. Is the glass "half full, "half empty" or do we not label it at all? Each determination we make, each distinction, changes our experience. If we make no distinctions between phenomena, there is no emotional attachment and no adrenaline dump.

It is important to understand that, "no distinctions" between phenomena does not mean "no participation/interaction" with phenomena, it means we do not emotionally attach to phenomena.

It is attachment to the outcome of an event, to how we WANT it to turn out that causes an emotional reaction. When we do not try to control the outcome, we do not experience an emotional response and life flows on its own. We float along with the river instead of trying to make the river go where we want it too.

uki
05-03-2010, 02:31 AM
Hi Skip,

It is our ego that interprets any situation as being hostile or peaceful. Any adrenaline dump one experiences, then, is related to how we interpret our environment. If we do not interpret an event as hostile we do not experience an adrenaline dump.

The quality of all experience is created by our ego interpreting events. Is the glass "half full, "half empty" or do we not label it at all? Each determination we make, each distinction, changes our experience. If we make no distinctions between phenomena, there is no emotional attachment and no adrenaline dump.

It is important to understand that, "no distinctions" between phenomena does not mean "no participation/interaction" with phenomena, it means we do not emotionally attach to phenomena.

It is attachment to the outcome of an event, to how we WANT it to turn out that causes an emotional reaction. When we do not try to control the outcome, we do not experience an emotional response and life flows on its own. We float along with the river instead of trying to make the river go where we want it too.awesome insight. :)

Skip J.
05-03-2010, 05:52 AM
Hi Skip,

It is attachment to the outcome of an event, to how we WANT it to turn out that causes an emotional reaction. When we do not try to control the outcome, we do not experience an emotional response and life flows on its own. We float along with the river instead of trying to make the river go where we want it too.

That is exactly the "path" I am on..... very well said Scott, my compliments!

Maybe in my '70's I can gain the maturity to do exactly that....

In the meantime, I have progressed on my own from the glass-is-half-empty to the glass-is-half-full, so I'm doin' a little better than treading water...

But I would say the main "issue" that keeps me in taijiquan is progression towards the no emotional reaction goal; which I do not have in me naturally by myself... And of course the biggie... when I'm doin' taiji it is so complicated that I cannot think of anything else either.

taai gihk yahn
05-03-2010, 06:59 AM
awesome insight. :)

u should see what he can discern with a high-powered rifle scope and laser tracking beam...

Scott R. Brown
05-03-2010, 08:26 AM
u should see what he can discern with a high-powered rifle scope and laser tracking beam...

I have been occupying myself with counting the number of your hair plugs lately!:D

uki
05-03-2010, 03:03 PM
u should see what he can discern with a high-powered rifle scope and laser tracking beam...perhaps he'd make a good mycologist...