PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestion

KeyEssence
07-15-2000, 10:45 AM
I've been an assistant instructor for some time now and Im looking for suggestion...any way in which to keep students interested and happy would...... appreciate any and all suggestions

mantisgirl
07-16-2000, 07:23 AM
Well....i get bored if we do the same thing over and over again through out the whole class. If the students aren't interested in what you are teaching change to something else. I've been in classes where we've done arm conditioning the whole time...BOREING!!!!

HKMantis
07-17-2000, 02:01 AM
Classes that have held my interest most are the ones that change exercises/drills about every 3-5 min. or so. Before you know it the hour is up and you've gone over a bunch of material. You've also gotten a good workout in.

HK

Robinf
07-17-2000, 06:23 PM
Drills where you get in a line and one after another kick or punch a target, running back down the line to get back in place. Keep changing the kick or punch. Do double kicks and punches as well with two target holders if need be, or do combinations this way. When you're striking a target instead of a person, many people feel a little freer to put more power into it and that refreshing.