PDA

View Full Version : Toronto July 10-11, 2010: Sam Chin teaching I Liq Chuan

Artemisalive
05-05-2010, 04:07 AM
For the first time in Canada, Sam Chin will be teaching an I Liq Chuan Intensive. This seminar will be two days (10 hours, 12pm-5pm both days) of Internal Principles and Partner Practice. This is a great opportunity to experience the art direct from the source - if you have yet to study with Sam, take this chance.

I Liq Chuan (Pinyin = Yiliquan, literally translated as Mental-Physical Martial Art) is an internal art that has become known for its effectiveness as a martial art. The practice of I Liq Chuan develops the ability to react spontaneously to attacks, not relying upon pre-arranged responses, through its specialized partner practices of Spinning Hands & Sticky Hands.

This weekend Master Sam Chin, and his instructors, will guide us in learning how to develop specific qualities the internal arts are known for through a series solo exercises and partner practice. Beginning with the use of a series of specific patterns we will learn to develop whole body connection, both alone and with partners. It is through the physical sensitivity and mental awareness of the reactions of both our opponent/partner and our own bodies that we will begin to feel and act spontaneously, rather than thinking and anticipating.

Here is what we will learn this weekend:

1. Taiji & Chan (Zen) approaches to learning.

2. Understand, both mentally & physically, nine qualities essential to the internal arts:

............Absorb & Project
............Open & Close
............Condense & Expand
............Concave & Convex
............3-D Action (moving six directional force)

3. To express the above qualities with a partner through Spinning Hands & Sticky Hands.

4. Strategies of action in dealing with an opponent.

5. Engaging the point of contact. What? How?

Regardless of the style you study, the principles of I Liq Chuan will teach you to apply your whole body power, allowing a weaker individual to overcome a stronger one. Practitioners who study two-person drills such as Taijiquan Pushing Hands (Tuishou), Wing Chun Sticky Hands (Chi Sao), Baguazhang Soft Hands (Rou Shou), and Goju-ryu Kakie find that they are able to use these principles to enhance their performance and use their skills in real-time application with non-compliant partners.

Seminar Location
392 Queen Street East
Toronto, Ontario M5A 1T3

Located on the North Side of Queen Street between Trefann Street
and Tracy Street (1 Block East of Parliament Street).

Only 30 spots available, please register online to reserve your spot:

E-mail: info@internalarts101.com

David Jamieson
05-05-2010, 10:23 AM
good luck with it!

it's a beautiful time to come and check out toronto.

also you are literally a hip throw from old chinatown.
enjoy the scenery!

taai gihk yahn
05-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Sam has / teaches some good stuff; worth stopping in if u r able to...