PDA

View Full Version : Britain: Land of Bad Teeth?

kfson
05-05-2010, 12:10 PM
What the heck does that mean?

Drake
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
What the heck does that mean?

Back when our health care was good, we had much better dental care than the Brits, so they typically had worse teeth than us. Times have changed.

kfson
05-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Back when our health care was good, we had much better dental care than the Brits, so they typically had worse teeth than us. Times have changed.

So the description is about care of teeth rather than some genetic abnormality (crooked teeth)?

Drake
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
So the description is about care of teeth rather than some genetic abnormality (crooked teeth)?

Right. And generally, few folks have perfect teeth. It's largely about quality of care.

MasterKiller
05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Actually, it's a long-standing joke stemming from the high intake of tea (and sugar) in Britain. People have been making fun of British teeth for centuries.

1bad65
05-06-2010, 06:55 AM

"When our healthcare was good"? Get real, Americans teeth are not made fun of by the rest of the industrialized world, British people's teeth are.

Doesn't the Government over there run the dental industry? :eek:

1bad65
05-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Actually, it's a long-standing joke stemming from the high intake of tea (and sugar) in Britain. People have been making fun of British teeth for centuries.

The Japanese drink alot of tea too. And they are not known for having horrible teeth.

Drake
05-06-2010, 06:58 AM
"When our healthcare was good"? Get real, Americans teeth are not made fun of by the rest of the industrialized world, British people's teeth are.

Doesn't the Government over there run the dental industry? :eek:

The joke is stale. They have much better dental care these days. And get your causation straight. Our infrastructure wasn't decimated by WWII like the UK and other European nations. You ASSUME that socialized medicine is the cause for their bad teeth, which is erroneous.

1bad65
05-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Our infrastructure wasn't decimated by WWII like the UK and other European nations.

Ah, but Beligium, France, Italy, Poland, Germany, Bulgaria, Chzechoslovakia, Hungary, etc were left alot worse off than the UK by WWII, and those countries are not known for their bad teeth.

Drake
05-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Ah, but Beligium, France, Italy, Poland, Germany, Bulgaria, Chzechoslovakia, Hungary, etc were left alot worse off than the UK by WWII, and those countries are not known for their bad teeth.

All had socialized medicine, and the joke was so much better directed towards the Brits due to our relationship with them. It was a stupid joke, not a scientific evaluation.

1bad65
05-06-2010, 07:07 AM
All had socialized medicine, and the joke was so much better directed towards the Brits due to our relationship with them. It was a stupid joke, not a scientific evaluation.

It's all good.

MasterKiller
05-06-2010, 07:34 AM
The Japanese drink alot of tea too. And they are not known for having horrible teeth.

Sailors used to say Japanese women had slanted vaginas. And I can personally attest to that falsehood.

1bad65
05-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Sailors used to say Japanese women had slanted vaginas. And I can personally attest to that falsehood.

Do you suffer from Yellow Fever?

MasterKiller
05-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Do you suffer from Yellow Fever?

No, I actually suffer from Brown-Suga-itis. But I've sampled quite a few worldly dishes.

sanjuro_ronin
05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
No, I actually suffer from Brown-Suga-itis. But I've sampled quite a few worldly dishes.

My Man !!
:D

Besides, green tea doesn't have the "Staining" properties of the dark teas ( Earl gray orange pekoa) and coffee.

solo1
05-06-2010, 08:56 AM
The joke is done. The same thing used to be said about British cooking, that they boiled everything, it was gray and tasteless, no longer accurate. Now if you want to talk about the women in Britian, nothing compares to Ours or the Canadians.

kfson
05-06-2010, 09:16 AM
The joke is done. The same thing used to be said about British cooking, that they boiled everything, it was gray and tasteless, no longer accurate. Now if you want to talk about the women in Britian, nothing compares to Ours or the Canadians.

What's wrong with the Brits?

MasterKiller
05-06-2010, 09:19 AM
http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5558&d=1258655037

Hardwork108
05-09-2010, 02:32 AM

From what I have read, tea is supposed to be good for your teeth. That is tea without milk or sugar. Some people (including in the Far East) even rinse their mouths with tea before going to bed.

Hardwork108
05-09-2010, 02:34 AM

When the dollar was a strong world currency, I assume?:D

Hardwork108
05-09-2010, 02:37 AM
My Man !!
:D

Besides, green tea doesn't have the "Staining" properties of the dark teas ( Earl gray orange pekoa) and coffee.

Staining means just that. It does not necessarily mean that teas that "stain" your teeth are doing them any harm.

Hardwork108
05-09-2010, 02:39 AM

Don't forget the South America beauties in Colombia, Brazil and Venezuela (etc.). ;)

Eddie
05-09-2010, 03:54 PM
any one heard of CTS (Chinese Teeth Syndrome)? ;)

China is by far the place with the worst teeth.

I see extremely hot chicks, their face, bodies, everyting is so nice, until they smile... instant turn off.

I work with very high class and rich people, and even they have bad teeth, so its not just country folk

MasterKiller
05-09-2010, 07:45 PM
From what I have read, tea is supposed to be good for your teeth. That is tea without milk or sugar. Some people (including in the Far East) even rinse their mouths with tea before going to bed.

Mao did this and had horrible teeth. He also never bathed and said he washed his d1ck in women's pu$$ies.

Hardwork108
05-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Mao did this and had horrible teeth.

I have met people in who do this yet they have good teeth. Perhaps one cannot solely rely on tea rinses to keep his or her mouth healthy. I guess things like diet and habits such as long term smoking come into it. and of course, as always, regular visit to ones dentist is the only way to guarantee good oral health and hygene.

He also never bathed

Well that was Mao, a man with proven psychopathic tendencies. The Chinese people I have met have been extremely clean, and some occasions more so than many of the none-Oriental people I have crossed paths with.

and said he washed his d1ck in women's pu$$ies.uc
That is new to me. Are you sure that this was not some CIA propaganda, like Saddams Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Anyway, I wash mine, before and after, not during, as nowadays that can be darn dangerous!:D

sanjuro_ronin
05-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Staining means just that. It does not necessarily mean that teas that "stain" your teeth are doing them any harm.

Quite correct.
People's enamel and the colour there of, doesn't always co-realte to bad ( unhealthy) teeth.
It doesn't even co-realte to how much or little, they brush.
Coffee and tea have staining properties, they do NOT have cavity inducing properties.

goju
05-10-2010, 05:09 PM
kate beckinsale has nice teeth:D

nice other things too:D:D:D

goju
05-11-2010, 02:27 PM
man i was expecing this thread to have been spammed with kate beckinsale pics from my comment

at least from sanjuro

you guys dissapoint me:D