PDA

View Full Version : twoman brassringfighting sets:Do you need to apply dit da jow after doing them?

curious
07-31-2000, 09:25 PM
I am talking about the kind of fighting sets described in this months issue of Inside kung. Do you need to apply dit da jow on your arms after doing them to heal the damage? If dit da jow is not enough, then what else would you use? Would tylenol or ibubrofen help? This is not a troll post. It is just for my own personal refeernce.

BeiTangLang
07-31-2000, 09:37 PM
I suppose it would depend on how you are training the set. Are you training hard with it???

curious
08-01-2000, 12:23 AM
Ok, so do you maen that if my opponent pulls on my arm hard with a brass ring, then I would need dit da jow? If he does not do it that hard, then I won't need the jow? I personaly have not done this kind of training yet. I just want some info before I do it. I feel that once I do ti, it may be too late to undo the damage to my body.

BeiTangLang
08-01-2000, 01:10 AM
No. I suppose what I am saying is, if you have found an instructor to teach you this form, he/she will have the answer for you. If you are just "playing" at the form while trying to learn it from a book or video, don't bother buying the dit da jow or practicing the form as you will probrably get little good usage out of either.
-BTL

curious
08-01-2000, 08:39 PM
Ok, let's say that I was doing hard training with them under a sifu. Would I have to apply dit da jow on my arm after the training then? I do not mean to annoy you here. I would swear on the holiest of bibles about it. I am just looking for some peace of mind.

BeiTangLang
08-01-2000, 09:22 PM
I'm trying to be nice here as well,....When you _start training & really need to know_, the answer will present itself. If this answer would give you peace of mind, then you are not a student, just another talker that ponders too much. I will give you no peace.
-BTL

curious
08-01-2000, 09:35 PM
But I am afraid that once I start training, it may be too late to undo the damage to my body. I have learned the hard way in the past that you should not be too quick to trust an instructor.

curious
08-01-2000, 09:42 PM
Don't you think that I should be concerned about my safety?