PDA

View Full Version : For the people who past the most...you know who you are

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Tniehoff, sanjuro, knifefighter, and anyone else I missed...

I'm assuming you're all at work and have access to the Internet illegally using work time to proliferate your views. I don't care about all that. What I care about is where are you guys headed to for lunch? Or did your wives brown bag it today?

We'll consider this the wing chun nutrition thread.

I had a tuna sandwhich at Panera with a brocoli cheese soup.

sanjuro_ronin
05-19-2010, 11:22 AM

I'm assuming you're all at work and have access to the Internet illegally using work time to proliferate your views. I don't care about all that. What I care about is where are you guys headed to for lunch? Or did your wives brown bag it today?

Indeed I am at work, but being my own company, so it is not illegal, LOL !
As for lunch, today I had a stew of rice and chicken, quite yummy :)
I tend to post quickly while doing other things, hence my atrocious spelling at times, LoL !

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 11:27 AM
I had some stewed chicken from a bodega the other day. I love rice and beans.
I've been on a vegetable kick lately. Only sauteed veggies since I'm not a fan of the raw diet.

What kind of company do you own if you don't mind me asking?

sanjuro_ronin
05-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I had some stewed chicken from a bodega the other day. I love rice and beans.
I've been on a vegetable kick lately. Only sauteed veggies since I'm not a fan of the raw diet.

What kind of company do you own if you don't mind me asking?

We make pressure vessels and pressure piping systems for the steam and petro-chemical industries.

t_niehoff
05-19-2010, 12:08 PM

I am self-employed, and I had some yogurt for lunch.

sanjuro_ronin
05-19-2010, 12:21 PM

Hippie, bet you had granola for a snack too.
:p

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 12:34 PM

That's a woman's lunch! How do you pound so many wc/mma heads on such a diet?

I wouldn't be able to survive with just yogurt

t_niehoff
05-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Hippie, bet you had granola for a snack too.
:p

Yup, just had my granola bar! Oats and chocolate. Mmmmm. :)

TenTigers
05-19-2010, 01:17 PM
grilled Chicken and broccalli Rabe on a paninni and a salad.
Tonight is one of my student's birthday, and we are going to Orient (it's like Fortune Wheel, but in Bethpage)
So we'll be having,
Jiew Yim Ha (salt baked shrimp)
Geng doe guat (Peking Pork Chops)
Bak Chi Gai=(Steamed chicken)
Ngau-Pa (T-Bone Steak)
Dao Miew (pea sprouts)
Ho yau gai-lan (Chinese Broccalli with oyster sauce

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
I was there the other day for a late lunch. I've alo been there for dim sum. They're regular food(chicken with brocolli, etc) is better than Fortune Wheels but FW has really good seafood dishes. The only other bonus of the Orient is the strip club right next to it.

Ultimatewingchun
05-19-2010, 01:28 PM
That's a woman's lunch! How do you pound so many wc/mma heads on such a diet?

I wouldn't be able to survive with just yogurt

***WORSE than a woman's lunch. That's a theoretical non-fighter's lunch.

Knifefighter
05-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I work for myself, so I'm only ripping myself off. I don't eat lunch, so I make the time back up.

I think HumbleWC is the only guy who posts illegally here. No, Victor, said he worked for the phone co. or something so he must be illegal also.

Ultimatewingchun
05-19-2010, 01:45 PM
In between jobs right now - and starting a new one in about two weeks. So I'm legal...

and for lunch today, I opened a can of imported Italian tuna fish packed in olive oil, heated it up in a frying pan with some tomato marinara sauce and paste, put a piece of Italian bread in the oven for a few minutes...

and had a tuna marinara hero.

Oh yeah...:D

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 01:48 PM
I was only kidding about the illegal posting. If you have a job that allows Internet access than you're employer is basically asking you to waste time unless you need the Internet for your job. I just wanted to find out what you guys were eating today. Personally I feel like if you work outside your house than you should treat yourself out for lunch. But that's only cause I don't like to cook and feel like anything that is bought or made for me tastes better than my cooking

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 01:50 PM
My friend heats up tuna. I'm sorry...but that's gross

Ultimatewingchun
05-19-2010, 01:55 PM
You're obviously not Italian. :D

Best food in the world, my friend...;)

taai gihk yahn
05-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Tonight is one of my student's birthday, and we are going to Orient (it's like Fortune Wheel, but in Bethpage)
So we'll be having,
Jiew Yim Ha (salt baked shrimp)
Geng doe guat (Peking Pork Chops)
Bak Chi Gai=(Steamed chicken)
Ngau-Pa (T-Bone Steak)
Dao Miew (pea sprouts)
Ho yau gai-lan (Chinese Broccalli with oyster sauce
actually, their ging do gwat is very good -as opposed to FW's, which was, unfortunately, decidedly unimpressive; in fact, in general I like their food much better than FW's; and the manager (owner?) calls me "louh sai", which I am interpreting in the most flattering manner possible...:D
also, their jyuk is excellent, especially the one w/the fermented (or whatever) eggs; of course, I unsuccessfully keep trying to convince them to serve dao fu fa in the winter time...

I was there the other day for a late lunch. I've alo been there for dim sum.
if at all possible, please try not to go on Sunday mornings between ~10:30 and 12; and if u do, please don't come over and introduce yourself in the event that I happen to be there at the same time and for some reason you figure out who I am; if you do, I can't be responsible for my (Russian) wife when I explain to her who you are...

They're regular food(chicken with brocolli, etc) is better than Fortune Wheels but FW has really good seafood dishes.
this must be one of those time when the broken clock coincides with the actual time, because I do agree;

The only other bonus of the Orient is the strip club right next to it.
please refer to paragraph one, above, but in bold, italicized and underlined...

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
actually, their ging do gwat is very good -as opposed to FW's, which was, unfortunately, decidedly unimpressive; in fact, in general I like their food much better than FW's; and the manager (owner?) calls me "louh sai", which I am interpreting in the most flattering manner possible...:D
also, their jyuk is excellent, especially the one w/the fermented (or whatever) eggs; of course, I unsuccessfully keep trying to convince them to serve dao fu fa in the winter time...

if at all possible, please try not to go on Sunday mornings between ~10:30 and 12; and if u do, please don't come over and introduce yourself in the event that I happen to be there at the same time and for some reason you figure out who I am; if you do, I can't be responsible for my (Russian) wife when I explain to her who you are...

this must be one of those time when the broken clock coincides with the actual time, because I do agree;

please refer to paragraph one, above, but in bold, italicized and underlined...

I have no interest to meet you or the Russian wife who fights your battles for you. And if I meet you at the strip club I definitely won't introduce myself just on the account of your hands being dirty and sticky. Of that we are in agreement.

anerlich
05-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Only breakfast time here.

I had a fruit smoothie with whey protein.

Avoid soy protein, that's for TNF's (tm).

I'll be heading out for coffee and raisin toast with some workmates shortly.

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 03:04 PM
You're obviously not Italian. :D

Best food in the world, my friend...;)

I bet I could eat more pizza than you!

Besides, not being Italian means I don't have hate every Irish person I come accross.

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 03:12 PM
And doesn't being Italian mean you have to eat whatever mom made or she'd hit you with the wooden spoon? So actually you were forced to enjoy fried tuna at spoon point as opposes to gun point

goju
05-19-2010, 03:22 PM
i had a blonde for lunch today:D

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Sanjuro, that's your cue for a hot woman pic

Hardwork108
05-19-2010, 03:33 PM

That figures.:D

taai gihk yahn
05-19-2010, 03:56 PM
I have no interest to meet you or the Russian wife who fights your battles for you.
best kind of wife to have! :D:cool:

And if I meet you at the strip club I definitely won't introduce myself just on the account of your hands being dirty and sticky. Of that we are in agreement.
wow, that was almost funny! I'll try to remember to laugh sometime when I have nothing else to do...

anyway, I'm sure you'd be easy to avoid, I'd just keep a look out for the guy dressed in a Wolverine outfit practicing kahp choih :rolleyes:

SavvySavage
05-19-2010, 04:16 PM

wow, that was almost funny! I'll try to remember to laugh sometime when I have nothing else to do...

anyway, I'm sure you'd be easy to avoid, I'd just keep a look out for the guy dressed in a Wolverine outfit practicing kahp choih :rolleyes:

I think I saw you eating actually. You were the table where your wife was ordering for you and yelling at you whenever you spoke. I hope her purse isn't too heavy...cause you carry it around for her.

You're up, last word lassy.

Lucas
05-19-2010, 04:20 PM
I drank of the blood of mine enemies, and ate of the flesh of mine vanquished foes!!!

yes i am 'illegal'. but i bust my ass so idc. I prefer to call it backup witholding on my break hours.

taai gihk yahn
05-19-2010, 05:10 PM
I think I saw you eating actually. You were the table where your wife was ordering for you and yelling at you whenever you spoke. I hope her purse isn't too heavy...cause you carry it around for her.

You're up, last word lassy.

sorry, couldn't hear you, the sound effects of your adamantium claws slashing through the air drowned your voice out...

eomonroe00
05-19-2010, 08:41 PM
i have been cooking a lot lately, its pretty simple to cook exactly what they sell in stores, for cheaper, and for better quality, i feel so much better when i eat my own food, spoke with a nutritionist this year who has me eating the perfect combo of meat and veggies so that i am energized after every meal, when i eat right, like when i had some homemade braised pork belly for breakfast (harmone and antibiotic free) along with some organic strawberries, and when i eat poorly (went out for lunch) i crashed and didnt want to do anything

if you guys are falling asleep after your meals your not eating what your body needs, i used to think it was normal,

Hardwork108
05-19-2010, 08:54 PM

Hey Taai Gihk, I am just wondering if your wife cooks those delicious Russian Shashliks (Russian Kebabs)?

SAAMAG
05-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm off during the day and work at night. I generally eat chinese food for lunch almost daily.

YungChun
05-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Since when is posting at work "illegal"?

And while I have not had ribs in a while I wouldn't mind some so here you go...

http://z.about.com/d/bbq/1/0/M/S/IMGP2171.JPG

wkmark
05-19-2010, 11:59 PM
As an Asian person, I actually DON'T eat Chinese food for lunch. Actually I don't really eat Chinese food in HK. HAHA. I prefer Pasta and sandwiches.

For lunch, I had bread.

YungChun
05-20-2010, 12:04 AM
As an Asian person, I actually DON'T eat Chinese food for lunch. Actually I don't really eat Chinese food in HK. HAHA. I prefer Pasta and sandwiches.

For lunch, I had bread.

Well since you're in China isn't it all "Chinese food"? :D

wkmark
05-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Well since you're in China isn't it all "Chinese food"? :D

Haha.. That is true. BTW, I am in Hong Kong... I don't consider that CHINA although I really should. I consider it as Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

YungChun
05-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Haha.. That is true. BTW, I am in Hong Kong... I don't consider that CHINA although I really should. I consider it as Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

In that case I'd love to try some "Hong Kong Special Administrative Region" Food.! :cool::D

sanjuro_ronin
05-20-2010, 05:58 AM
Sanjuro, that's your cue for a hot woman pic

Goju wouldn't know what to do with a woman if she threw her vagina at him and it stuck to him like an octopus !

YungChun
05-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Goju wouldn't know what to do with a woman if she threw her vagina at him and it stuck to him like an octopus !

Ahhh yes, similar to a figure 4...gotta love those "holds" they use.. :D

CFT
05-20-2010, 06:33 AM
I drank of the blood of mine enemies, and ate of the flesh of mine vanquished foes!!!Hey Lucas, you're not a decendant of General Yue Fei (Ngok Fei) are you?

Here is an excerpt from his famous poem Man Jiang Hong (Muyn Gong Hong) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manjiang_Hong):

Let us ride our chariots through the Helan Pass,
There we shall feast and drink barbarian flesh and blood.
Let us begin anew to recover our old empire before paying tribute to the Emperor.

HumbleWCGuy
05-20-2010, 06:46 AM
I work for myself, so I'm only ripping myself off. I don't eat lunch, so I make the time back up.

I think HumbleWC is the only guy who posts illegally here. No, Victor, said he worked for the phone co. or something so he must be illegal also.

I work from home several days per week (like today) so I can do what I want as long as I get my work done.

Lucas
05-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Great minds think alike!

MMMMM Barbarian flesh....

SavvySavage
05-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Why do you all think that practitioners of Chinese martial arts eat so much Chinese food? I eat it cause I frggin love it but at certain times I feel like saying to my king Fu peeps, "Chinese food again? Serously. Can we get pizza tonight?"

HumbleWCGuy
05-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Why do you all think that practitioners of Chinese martial arts eat so much Chinese food? I eat it cause I frggin love it but at certain times I feel like saying to my king Fu peeps, "Chinese food again? Serously. Can we get pizza tonight?"

I think that a lot of people who practice Chinese martial arts admire Chinese culture. Also, Chinese food is probably some of the healthier restaurant food. Personally, I eat a lot of Chinese food because I like to eat soup and Chinese restaurants are some of the few restaurants that contently have quality soup day in and day out.

SavvySavage
05-25-2010, 05:39 PM
We're all being culturally biased. We should pledge to eat Greek this week. Plenty of other non Chinese cultures practice Kung Fu. End the prejudice!

Lucas
05-27-2010, 10:29 AM
i rotate between chinese, thai, mexican, american and east/west indian for lunches. i always eat lunch out. i require variety.