PDA

View Full Version : Wah Lum

fule-lung
08-05-2000, 04:30 AM
To Whom IT May Concern:
I have now been reading the various entries regarding WL...I am very disappointed in the bashing which has been used....These types of entries reflect immaturity and stupidity. I have not studied under WL for several years but I am quite familiar with its philosophy. I personally have studied under several systems for over 20 years...and to see some neophytes of 2or 3 three years of study mouthing off is disappointing. I agree with one of the entries when that person says KF is a discipline which can vary from individual to individual....LEARN FROM IT.. but if candy ass americans really want to quit dreaming about studying to be MACHO, I suggest you freaks first suck up your balls and go to China for a couple of years and really study....Until then shut your mouths and do what your SIFU says....

KeyEssence
08-05-2000, 09:03 AM
Fule-Lung.......

KeyEssence
08-05-2000, 09:12 AM
you are correct in a sense...........
but you stating that "we" candy ass american freaks suck up our balls, reflects ignorance and immaturity on your part don't contradict yourself.............i agree that the bashing and rude comments should cease, but people will think and say what they please.............Learn for everyone, the ignorant as well as the wise, martial art, especially Wah Lum is a gift for all to explore and enjoy, many will never see the greatness that can be achieved untill they can rid themselves of there conflicting concern with others.............train hard

Taijimantis
08-05-2000, 09:40 AM
"Whatsoever a person commits, whether it be virtuous or sinful deeds, none of these is of little import; all bear some kind of fruit."
--Udanavarga 9.8

A bad example cannot be corrected by a bad example. Chalk it up to you knowing better. Namecalling cannot undo namecalling.

Namaste

fule-lung
08-06-2000, 02:32 AM
Keyessence: Thank you for your comments...I didn't necessarily mean you personally. Unless of course you did make the negative comments about WL and its instructors. Once and a while in order to get your message across you have to lower yourself to another level to make a point...Respect... is what I'm talking about.....and those who say we have a right to say what we please also must accept the responsibility to reflect the two most important concepts of KF....Love of all of nature's gifts and the healing of self and helping others heal. Those who are rude deserve no better than what I stated in my first entry. I can only hope they reevaluate who they are and what KF should mean to them.
Enough Said !!!!

fule-lung
08-06-2000, 02:42 AM
"Whatsoever a person commits, whether it be virtuous or sinful
deeds, none of these is of little import; all bear some kind of
fruit."
--Udanavarga 9.8

Taijimantis: Nice verbage. I wish you would've expouned to a greater degree...

Taijimantis
08-06-2000, 07:34 AM
I do not approve of using the Kung Fu forum to discuss religious belief or scripture, however when I saw Fule-Lung's post, this teaching of the Buddha came to mind. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If those seemingly disrespectful posts by inexpirienced martial artists, serve to draw attention and insight from those more seasoned stylists, where is the harm?

We are not responsible for the actions of others, but we are to a certain degree responsible for their ignorance. How can they learn if no one teaches them?

But Fule-lung, your point is well taken, however it could have been recieved much better had you not referred to "candy-ass Americans" needing to stop trying to be "macho,sucking up their balls, and going to train in China."

My sifu left China for a reason I think /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As I study with an "old school" disciple of Sigung Chiu Chuk-Kai, I feel confident enough to speak for the candy ass Americans in my class, when I say we feel no need for being "macho". The only person Sifu has taught us to compete with is ourself. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I understand your frustration. I really do. But with your years of expirience, you should look upon your juniors with compassion and respect. In many ways you are a "father" to these infants in the martial arts. Would a father speak such things to his children? I certainly cannot see myself speaking to my daughters in such a fashion.

If it is a group of "children" seeking some right of passage, and being "macho", calling them "candy ass" is only going to serve to encourage such behavior. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Have I expounded to a degree that meets your satisfaction, my friend?

I too enjoyed your veiw. I empathize wholeheartedly. I just try and act the way my sifu would.

May peace be your guide and serenity the light for your path.

Namaste.

Hua Lin Laoshi
08-22-2000, 02:13 AM
To anyone considering training in the Wah Lum System do not be put off by some of the postings in these forums. No matter what style you study there will always be a certain amount of politics and personal opinions based on each students own experiences. To find out if Wah Lum is right for you, go to the source and judge for yourself. Check out a school near you if one exists or order some of the tapes available from the Temple. The numerous awards, grand championships and magazine write-ups speak for themselves.

Jut Sow apparently has some issues regarding Wah Lum and he's not alone. There are others who have found that Wah Lum wasn't what they wanted it to be, rather it is what Master Chan wants it to be, and his opinion is the only one that counts. Those issues don't apply to everyone. Follow your own path.

bitesfirst
08-22-2000, 09:10 AM
Wha Lum is one of many fantastic styles of Gong fu. It has changed my life a great deal and I would give up my expiriances in this art for anything. Not to sound too much the goody, goody, but we have to use this board as a tool to learn more for our own lives. If you have something derogetory to say about an other style or opinion, do so politely, it's not that hard. Remember, we're all here to learn.

Thrullas
08-22-2000, 10:09 PM
I would like to say i train at the temple and im very pleased with alot of the doings there. I have trained for over 20 in other styles and I believe that Wah Lum is one of the best. My only problem ism I wish my brothers and sisters - was a little more talkative to the new guys like me (3rd week). But hay oh well!!! Im there to train.

Thrullas