PDA

View Full Version : weaponds

LizMantis
08-06-2000, 08:02 AM
Hey does anyone know where I could get a disogee? if so please e-mail me at little_mantis@hotmail.com

jut sow
08-07-2000, 08:27 PM
hey liz mantis; try bejing imports, they are in texas.phone #713-771-8828. they used to sell them. also, are u studying wah lum, i don't know of 2 many styles that use di so gee? just curios, i'm not a corporate spy. cya

sean_stonehart
08-07-2000, 08:56 PM
Ok... ignorance time... what's a di so gee? Is it a mantis specific weapon? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.

-- H.L. Mencken

jut sow
08-07-2000, 09:57 PM
hey sean, i'm not sure if it's a mantis specific weapon, but i do know i haven't seen many styles that include this weapon. the di so gee is also referred to as large sweeper. it is like a staff with a one side of a numchuka connected by a chain at the top of the staff. very fast moving. if u have seen shaolin temple(w/jet li) there is a guy using this weapon about half way through the movie.

sean_stonehart
08-07-2000, 10:37 PM
OH!!!!! Big Sweeper! Duhhhhh.... http://216.219.234.88/forum/roundtable/rolleyes.gif

I'd never heard it with a Chinese name. OK, I know what you're talking about. /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

I don't know of anywhere to get them commercially. I wouldn't think it'd be that hard to make or have made.

------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.

-- H.L. Mencken

Paul Skrypichayko
08-08-2000, 03:00 AM
You might have better luck searching for it under the names "two section staff" and "mother and son staff".

LizMantis
08-08-2000, 08:31 AM
Thanks,
I have tryed Beijing Imports. They dont carry them anymore.. I have made one to, Its good for pratice. But when I compete I want my own. One that looks a little better. Well thanks agian.
Liz

mantis7
08-08-2000, 09:04 AM
HEy LIZ they carry them in NY.. At BLT bok lei ta

LizMantis
08-09-2000, 08:11 AM
Thank you so much. Is there any way that you have an E-Mail or web site, phone #, address.. Anything at all? Thank you , liz

mantis7
08-09-2000, 09:49 AM
BLT Supplies Inc.
77 Mulberry Street, New York, NY 10013
(212) 732-8388
(212) 385-2519 (fax)
(800) 322-2860 (toll-free)
info@BLTSupplies.com

Here is all the info you need nena.. Good luck, have them send you a catalog they will have every hard to find item you may desire

Taijimantis
08-21-2000, 10:14 AM
Jut Sow: Its "Nunchaku" not "NUM chaka"
Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine... I hope I dont come across as nitpicky... but it is my Weapon of Choice in my TSD training.

My Sifu has one of these and he got it in either Vietnam or China... I can look into it if you like. It is White waxwood with a 5 ring swivel design much like the traditional 3 sectional staff. Very plain looking.

Let me know if I can help.

Namaste

Young Mantis
08-21-2000, 10:09 PM
Hi Liz,

I don't think it is a Mantis specific weapon. If anyone remembers the old Run Run Shaw movies, there is one called "The Unbeatable Dragon" about three guys from Northern Shaolin and three guys from Southern Shaolin who are tricked in fighting each other. That was probably the first time I had ever seen that weapon.

Anyway, I do know it is part of the Tai Chi Mantis curriculum as taught by late Grandmaster Chiu Chuk Kai.

You could also try Brendan Lai's Supply Company in San Francisco. That's where we get ours, plus he is my sigung so of course I need to put in a plug. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Brendan Lai's Supply Company
2075 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
tel: (415)626-8850
fax: (415)626-3410

LizMantis
08-21-2000, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the info. Taijimantis do know know if it is a disogee by the way you were talking I was not to sure if it was, or if it was a three sectional staff? liz

RochSevenStarMantis
08-22-2000, 06:51 AM
Liz,
If you have not found one yet, contact me through MartialImports.com. I don't have any right now, but I can get the from my supplier in China, it might take me a little bit, but I'll get it for you.
RochSevenStarMantis

LizMantis
08-22-2000, 07:13 AM
Thanks that would be great how do i get in touch with you. my e-mail is little_mantis@hotmail.com, if is something you would rather e-mail

liz

LawClansman
08-23-2000, 05:46 AM
Hi Liz,

I just got a call from Jeff Hughes and he will be comming up to NY next month for the Lee Kam Wing seminar. Can he get it to you he he gets it here? I know he and your sifu used to train together but I don't know how far Tyler is from him. Give him a buzz and see what you can work out. Email me for the number or go to the ETFKE site.

------------------
Sifu Carl

LizMantis
08-23-2000, 05:59 AM
Thank you, I will be seening Jeff this weekend. I will talk to him about it then I know he has one I did not know if he was willing to sell it. Tyler is about 4 hour from Austin. Thanks agian.
liz

RochSevenStarMantis
08-23-2000, 01:43 PM
Liz,
It takes me about 35 days to recieve a order. I do not have any coming on the next order expected September 20th, but I can get some on the next shipment. You can contact Terry@MartialImports.com again, or contact me direct Roch7StarMantis@AOL.com. I'll get it for you if you are willing to wait a little bit for it. Let me know.
Rochsevenstarmantis

Qi Xing Tong Long
08-24-2000, 08:00 PM
LizMantis:

How are you? I'm Sifu Raul Ortiz, and I host the "Lee Kam Wing's New York 7-Star Mantis Kung Fu Seminars". I know that Sifu Hughes will be coming to NY for the seminar, but I can always go to NYC Chinatown and pick it up for you and have shipped directly to you or to your Sifu's kwoon.

Better solution, why don't you come up for the seminar and we can take you down to Chinatown and you can pick the one you like.
Give me a call at (516)942-4025 or E-mail me at TongLongKF@aol.com.

Peace

------------------
Ortiz Northern Shaolin Temple 7-Star Praying Mantis Chinese Boxing Academy