PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap???

SnowDog
05-27-2010, 06:20 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/MMA-fighter-Jarrod-Wyatt-eyes-heart-murder-charge-052610

A mixed martial arts fighter who allegedly gouged out another man's heart and eyes after drinking mushroom tea will stand trial in Northern California on a murder charge, The Times-Standard reported Wednesday.

Jarrod Wyatt, 26, also faces charges of aggravated mayhem and torture stemming from the grisly March killing of his 21-year-old friend Taylor Powell, after a Del Norte County Superior Court judge ruled Wednesday there was sufficient evidence to put the case before a jury

Wyatt, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges, is due to reappear in court Friday for arraignment.

Powell was killed at a home in the coastal town of Requa, about 40 miles south of the Oregon board, early on March 21. He bled to death after his heart was removed from his body while still alive, according to his death certificate.

Deputies, responding to a 911 call, found Wyatt at the scene.

Another man had raised the alarm after allegedly seeing him naked and dripping with blood, standing over the mutilated body.

The witness told officials Wyatt had earlier been acting strangely after drinking “some kind of mushroom tea.”

Wyatt's MMA career is still in its earlier stages. According to Northern California's The Daily Triplicate, he had won his first pro bout in October.

sanjuro_ronin
05-27-2010, 07:51 AM
What is this world coming to when the first VERIFIABLE case of eye and heart ripping is done by a MMA and not a TCMA ?!?!?!?!

TenTigers
05-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Baloney. If it's not on video, it didn't happen.
Glorified MMAists, theoretical heart-rippers, I say...

TenTigers
05-27-2010, 08:31 AM
What is this world coming to when the first VERIFIABLE case of eye and heart ripping is done by a MMA and not a TCMA ?!?!?!?!
You see, that is the beauty of MMA. MIXED Martial Arts. They can borrow from more than one source, Muay Thai, BJJ, and yes, Kung-Fu.
Now, everyone will have to step up their game.

sanjuro_ronin
05-27-2010, 08:41 AM
You see, that is the beauty of MMA. MIXED Martial Arts. They can borrow from more than one source, Muay Thai, BJJ, and yes, Kung-Fu.
Now, everyone will have to step up their game.

Crazy talk !!

*Goes back to ripping bark off trees*

Dragonzbane76
05-27-2010, 08:42 AM

lol i was thinking the same thing.

GeneChing
05-27-2010, 09:48 AM
As many of you know, I volunteer with some non-profit medical orgs working with intense psychedelic reactions.

Arcata police see "bad trips" spike for LSD users (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/05/25/state/n121015D00.DTL)
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
(05-25) 12:10 PDT Arcata, Calif. (AP) --

Police in one Humboldt County town are warning LSD users to beware after responding to a rash of incidents apparently connected to bad acid trips.

Arcata police say the problems began last month when officers responded to a home where paramedics found a 31-year-old man who had castrated himself.

Earlier this month, a 21-year-old man who took LSD wandered into the forest for two days without adequate clothing or shoes. The next day, a 19-year-old man became violent while having flashbacks two weeks after taking the drug.

Then officers found an 18-year-old man on LSD throwing himself to the ground in the middle of the street.

Arcata police Chief Tom Chapman says the department could not say whether the bad trips are due to contaminated LSD or increased use of the drug.
The man who castrated himself said it was because there were demons in his genitals.

sanjuro_ronin
05-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Someone warn Uki !!!!

Lucas
05-27-2010, 09:53 AM
and just when i started to believe gouging and ripping was really impossible...

:rolleyes:

Dragonzbane76
05-27-2010, 10:30 AM
people are dumb... i say give them all the drugs they want and let the natural process/selection weed them out. :cool:

iron_leg_dave
05-27-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_meVNAHriPA

SnowDog
05-27-2010, 11:59 AM
and just when i started to believe gouging and ripping was really impossible...

:rolleyes:

Guess this means that MMA has the "REAL" Kung Fu on their side. :)

SnowDog
05-27-2010, 12:03 PM
As many of you know, I volunteer with some non-profit medical orgs working with intense psychedelic reactions.

The man who castrated himself said it was because there were demons in his genitals.

Yeah psychedelics are some seriously messed up stuff.

I remember back in my younger days a bunch of us went camping and one of my friends dropped LSD,proceeded to strip off all his clothes, pick up an old tree branch and ran around fighting some sort of invisible badguys for hours while screaming at the top of his lungs.

sanjuro_ronin
05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah psychedelics are some seriously messed up stuff.

I remember back in my younger days a bunch of us went camping and one of my friends dropped LSD,proceeded to strip off all his clothes, pick up an old tree branch and ran around fighting some sort of invisible badguys for hours while screaming at the top of his lungs.

That wasn't a branch...

SnowDog
05-27-2010, 12:58 PM
That wasn't a branch...

:eek: I didn't think I was that wasted

Three Harmonies
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
I have done more acid and shrooms (couple times together) than I care to admit and never once, not once had any of these thoughts nor actions! Don't blame the drugs for stupid ****ing people.

Lee Chiang Po
05-28-2010, 07:07 PM
People that willingly do drugs have some sort of problem thinking right. Some years ago I had a couple of guys that worked with me discussing a 3rd fellow that had died from taking a drug the first time. One said, he just snorted the stuff and stood up and screamed and fell back dead. The other guy says, ****, that is some bad $hit, I gots to try it. I found that rather bazaar, seeing that it had killed their bud. Know what, I would have bought some for both of them to see if it would kill them too.

iron_leg_dave
05-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I have done more acid and shrooms (couple times together) than I care to admit and never once, not once had any of these thoughts nor actions! Don't blame the drugs for stupid ****ing people.

I'm not an internet argument instigator, but that is a pretty egotistical comment. The human psyche is a lot more complex than intelligence.

Psychedelics are complicated. Culture, religious background, familial history, underlying (otherwise inane) adjustment problems etc. can all emerge in a very bad way under their influence.

I smoked a joint with a total creep once, and it had something in it that made me trip balls massively. He kept telling me that LSD opened doors in the mind, and gave him "revelations" about the universe. I told him I was happy with weed, but he just kept nodding at me suspiciously. After we smoked he said, "Trippy, huh Dave?", and I was like, "WTF?" and just kept eating my pasta. About an hour later I said, "Man... I'm really f****** high." to which he responded, " It's only gonna get worse." I started to trip, and he started rocking back and forth talking about completely crazy $4!7. I couldn't feel most of my body, it felt like I was behind myself, looking through myself and the walls were melting around him while he rocked back and forth just talking for over an hour.

I took a supervised IQ (modern GI actually) test in 8th grade as part of an assessment with the guidance office because I was unruly but capable of subduing the superintendent in a debate, which yielded a number over 40 points above average.

I needed to establish that piece of sincere credibility before revealing the next sentence, I'm not bragging.

I still ended up in Winchester, VA psych ward for 2 weeks and since I didn't reveal what had happened almost had to stay longer.

It was some intense $4!7. I'm just glad that I'm the only person that got hurt (I stole a car and drove it into a parked 18 wheeler at 75 miles per hour after 5 days with no sleep).

I ended up paying some heafty fines (my dad actually paid them) and didn't get charged with GTA or even the seatbelt fine, just driving to endanger. I also still have about 25,000 in medical bills which keep me from getting a home-loan.

Yao Sing
05-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Got any more of that $4!7 ???

Just kidding. :D

bawang
05-30-2010, 05:38 AM
that man was practicing real kung fu hes done nothing wrong

HE MUST BE RELEASE IMMEDIATELY

iron_leg_dave
05-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Got any more of that $4!7 ???

Just kidding. :D

Lawl.

In all fairness most people I've seen on shrooms were harmless. Same with acid. Maybe if your going to do it, it is good to know before hand.

GeneChing
06-01-2010, 10:15 AM
As most of you know, I do volunteer psychiatric work at concerts and events specializing in resolving intense psychedelic reaction issues. I just came back from a major event, and we got slammed. There's some seriously strong acid and mushroom tea (possibly laced with acid) out there, plus a lot of ketamine. HIPPA doesn't allow me to discuss this at length.

In addition, there was a death at a local rave. Something is brewing in the psychedelic scene and it's ruthless.

One dead, 5 others critical after Cow Palace rave (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/31/BAML1DND8F.DTL)
Carolyn Said, Chronicle Staff Writer
Monday, May 31, 2010

(05-31) 11:54 PDT DALY CITY -- Daly City police have begun a homicide investigation after one man died and five other people were in critical condition after ingesting drugs that appeared to be tainted with a toxic substance during a Cow Palace rave.

"Obviously someone was either giving away or selling drugs that were laced with something that caused a number of kids to be taken to the hospital," said Eileen Shields, a spokeswoman for the San Francisco Department of Public Health.

The man who died was identified as Anthony Mata, 20, of Santa Clara. Ten others were taken to hospitals after the Saturday night rave. Of those 10, five are listed in critical condition, according to Daly City police.

San Francisco Police Lt. Lyn Tomioka said the drug involved has not been identified, but that "ecstasy is usually associated with raves.

"It's very concerning with that many young people having to go to the hospital," she said. "That rave event is huge."

But doctors at San Francisco General Hospital, where some of the party-goers were taken, said that all the patients exhibited life-threatening symptoms such as internal bleeding and kidney failure, which is usually not associated with ecstasy overdose, according to Daly City police. Police and doctors suspect the drugs were tainted with a toxic substance.

The rave was dubbed "Pop 2010: The Dream" and drew more than 16,000 people, Daly City police said. Agents from the San Mateo County Narcotics Task Force arrested more than 70 people on suspicion of selling drugs during the event.

More than 800 esctasy tabs were confiscated during the event, along with tabs of LSD and methamphetamine, authorities said.

Health officials warned that anyone who attended the rave and is feeling ill - such as experiencing high fevers or having trouble staying awake - should immediately seek medical attention. They also asked on people to check on friends who were at the rave.

The Cow Palace Web site shows that the event was put together under the auspices of Skills DJ Workshop, an Oakland event promoter.

"Every single creative spark will be put into one massive fantastic arena, featuring some of the worlds most exciting and sought after electronic performers," said a Web site promoting the event. "The entire Arena will be transformed into a place where dreams can be both seen and heard."

In 2008, a police sting operation at a Cow Palace rave led to almost 60 arrests on drug-related charges.

Here's some more on Wyatt:

June 1, 2010 12:17 PM
Jarrod Wyatt, MMA Fighter, Allegedly Ripped out Friend Taylor Powell's Heart (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006414-504083.html)
Posted by Edecio Martinez Leave Comment

Jarrod Wyatt (Del Norte County Sheriff's Dept.)
NEW YORK (CBS) Jarrod Wyatt is charged with murdering his sparring partner, Taylor Powell, after he allegedly removed his friend's heart, tongue and most of his face.

According to reports, police who responded to the March 21 scene in Klamath, Calif. said the 26-year-old mixed martial arts fighter was under the influence of psychedelic drugs when he allegedly drilled an 18-inch hole into the victim's chest.

Wyatt was apparently convinced that the world was about to end and that Powell, 21, was the Devil, according to the Times-Standard.

"Satan was in that dude," Wyatt allegedly told Del Norte County Police Sgt. Elwood Lee, who responded to the scene.

Lee told the northern California paper that Wyatt also cooked Powell's severed body parts in a wood stove because he thought Powell was still alive.

According to his lawyer, Wyatt suffered a psychotic breakdown because of the drugs.

"My client was trying to silence the devil," Wyatt's defense attorney James Fallman told the Times-Standard.

Wyatt was arrested and charged with first-degree murder. He appeared in court Tuesday, according to the paper, but did not enter a plea.

sanjuro_ronin
06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Wow, MMA even kicks Satan's ass !!

Dragonzbane76
06-01-2010, 05:17 PM
if your going to put that stuff in your body then you should have to reap the downfalls as well, to bad it affects those around them as well. Darwin awards at there best imo.

GeneChing
06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Cage fighter who ripped out partner's heart charged (http://www.todayonline.com/World/EDC100603-0000049/Cage-fighter-who-ripped-out-partners-heart-charged)
05:55 AM Jun 03, 2010

LONDON - An American cage fighter accused of ripping out the heart of his training partner while he was still alive will be charged with murder and torture, though his lawyer blamed the killing on a psychotic fit.

Jarrod Wyatt (picture), also cut out his friend's tongue and tore off most of his face in a brutal assault in Klamath, California, that police said looked like a scene from a horror film.

They found the 26 year old standing naked over his friend's body with body parts, including an eyeball, strewn around the blood splattered room.

Wyatt told police he had drunk a cup of tea spiked with hallucinogenic mushrooms and became convinced his close friend Taylor Powell was possessed.

According to an autopsy, Mr Powell, 21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out. The coroner said he was still alive when his chest was sliced open with a knife.

Wyatt told the police he had thrown the heart into a fire along with other organs that he had removed from the body. He told investigators he cooked the body parts because he was fearful Mr Powell was still alive and he "needed to stop the devil".

Police had been called to the grisly scene after a third friend had witnessed a sudden mood change in Wyatt after they had all ingested the wild mushroom tea.

Mr Justin Davis told police he returned to the flat to find Wyatt naked and covered from head to toe in blood. He also saw Mr Powell's mutilated body.

Lawyer James Fallman, who represents Wyatt, has claimed the wild mushrooms caused his client to act in such a violent way and he had no control over his actions.

"My client was trying to silence the devil," he said. "I think he was having a psychotic fit based on the mushrooms he had."

In an attempt to get the charges lowered, the lawyer also tried to argue that Wyatt believed Mr Powell was threatening his ex-girlfriend and overreacted trying to defend her.

The Bleacher report offers some more in depth coverage although it's buried in a slideshow (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/399624-mma-fighter-jarrod-wyatt-allegedly-rips-out-friend-taylor-powells-heart). Note that the photos of mushroom tea are wildly inaccurate. Those are not psychedelic mushrooms. If that's the kind of psychedelic tea you're consuming, it's normal edible mushrooms laced with something else.

There's a notable point on page 6 of the slideshow:

Police Don't Believe Wyatt Was Tripping (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/399624-mma-fighter-jarrod-wyatt-allegedly-rips-out-friend-taylor-powells-heart#page/6)

Lee said that he did not believe Wyatt was under the influence of a hallucinogen.

He said the ex-girlfriend appeared to be under the influence when she told police that Wyatt was mad at her and taking it out on Powell.

Bailey, the ex, said that Powell's mood changed drastically from the time they first met earlier in the evening at a nearby bar to after they drank the mushroom tea.

"He said, 'You want to f'ing die' three times," Bailey said.

The defense will come down to premeditation. Did Wyatt plan this attack or was it the result of a drug trip?

Wyatt's attorney said Friday that the acts were all a result of the mushroom tea.

He said that Wyatt began to hit Powell when he noticed Powell putting pressure on Bailey's legs while on the couch.

”My client was trying to silence the devil,” attorney James Fallman said, according to the Times-Standard.