PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum + moving to So.Cal.

Transient
05-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Nimen hao!

I've been into kung fu for about 6 years now. Dabbled in many, many styles (eagle claw, shaolin, hung ga, choi lai fut, tai chi, baijiquan, ba gua, etc) tho my most consistent has been wing chun (yip chun lineage if anyone cares). Been living and practicing in Albany/NYC mostly though 2 years ago I was in Texas and practiced with a guy who used to write for this magazine, way back in the day.

Anyways, I'm moving to southern California this August, specifically Riverside. I've looked online for schools in the area but mostly what I've found is San Shoo. Driving into LA is ~2 hours and is kind of out of the question...so I'm wondering if anyone here knows of any good, traditional schools in that area. In particular I'd love to continue CLF or Ba Gua/BaiJi.

I didn't see any new people forum so I hope this was ok to post here!

Thanks in advance for any help!

MasterKiller
05-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Nimen hao!

I've been into kung fu for about 6 years now. Dabbled in many, many styles (eagle claw, shaolin, hung ga, choi lai fut, tai chi, baijiquan, ba gua, etc) tho my most consistent has been wing chun (yip chun lineage if anyone cares). Been living and practicing in Albany/NYC mostly though 2 years ago I was in Texas and practiced with a guy who used to write for this magazine, way back in the day.

Anyways, I'm moving to southern California this August, specifically Riverside. I've looked online for schools in the area but mostly what I've found is San Shoo. Driving into LA is ~2 hours and is kind of out of the question...so I'm wondering if anyone here knows of any good, traditional schools in that area. In particular I'd love to continue CLF or Ba Gua/BaiJi.

I didn't see any new people forum so I hope this was ok to post here!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Riverside is where Rudy Abel's school is, I think. But he doesn't visit here much anymore. Not sure where it's located. He teaches some sort of monkey and long fist.

There is korean-lineage longfist school in Riverside called Na's Kung Fu Academy. It's a blend of longfist and mantis. The line comes through Lin Pan Zhang.

monkeyfoot
05-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the forum

Believe it or not, but past all the BS topics that are served regularly by KFMs large community of trolls, there are actually some decent informative posts here...

enjoy... :rolleyes:

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Riverside is where Rudy Abel's school is, I think. But he doesn't visit here much anymore. Not sure where it's located. He teaches some sort of monkey and long fist.

There is korean-lineage longfist school in Riverside called Na's Kung Fu Academy. It's a blend of longfist and mantis. The line comes through Lin Pan Zhang.

Reply]
Rudy actually moved to Florida about 2 years ago. He asked me to reply as he is permabanned forever for angering Gene somehow.

He teaches Tai Jow Chune Kune Pai, a Sothernised form of northern Tai Tzu Chang Chuan; most likely descended from some branch of the Song military. The particular branch of Monkey he does is related to his Tai jow/Tai Tzu.

I don't know if he has any active students still in the area. I can ask if you like.

Lucas
05-27-2010, 07:04 PM
it lives!!

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Yup

uki
05-29-2010, 03:57 AM
there's no room left on these forums for you. :p

Transient
05-29-2010, 05:33 AM
Reply]
Rudy actually moved to Florida about 2 years ago. He asked me to reply as he is permabanned forever for angering Gene somehow.

He teaches Tai Jow Chune Kune Pai, a Sothernised form of northern Tai Tzu Chang Chuan; most likely descended from some branch of the Song military. The particular branch of Monkey he does is related to his Tai jow/Tai Tzu.

I don't know if he has any active students still in the area. I can ask if you like.

That would be really awesome if you ask. Thanks!

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-29-2010, 06:01 AM
He says he does not have anyone of instructor level there, just former students who still dabble in the style.

SPJ
05-29-2010, 07:19 AM
so cal is huge.

LA county, orange, san diego, river side--

--

---

:)

ittokaos
05-31-2010, 09:49 AM
One of my kung fu brothers has a school in Riverside but he specializes in Southern Preying Mantis and Wing Chun. PM me if you are interested.

I hope that helps.

David Jamieson
05-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Just as an add in.

There are more people in the state of California alone than all the people across the nation of Canada combined.

you really shouldn't have trouble finding kung fu lessons in california. :-)

gene banned rudy because he wasn't zen enough. :p

bawang
05-31-2010, 11:38 AM
i think rudy is a pretty cool guy
he fite mma and not afraid anything

David Jamieson
05-31-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't mind Rudy either. He's had some very constructive discussions. It's not my forum though and I'm not Gene, so that is that. :)

bawang
05-31-2010, 12:01 PM
gene
stop being a peenisbutt and unban rudy

David Jamieson
05-31-2010, 12:09 PM
well, to be fair to Gene, I do believe that Rudy reacted in such a way as to actually call the ban upon himself.

Gene doesn't often ban people, obviously, I mean look at tards like Kansuke, and Hardwork108 and 1bad65... and others!

each a useless non contributor who manages to skirt the ban hammer by turning into the mewling **** ants that they are when they even get a sniff of it. lol :p

weaklings! Rudy was just too hard about it, but he had more kung fu in his ass hairs than any of the aforementioned turds.

bawang
05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
i think 1bad65 is pretty cool guy

David Jamieson
05-31-2010, 12:20 PM
i think 1bad65 is pretty cool guy

lol.

oh internetz, why must you be so easily defeated?

uki
06-01-2010, 03:34 AM
each a useless non contributor who manages to skirt the ban hammer by turning into the mewling **** ants that they are when they even get a sniff of it.i've ****ed my pants before... a few times actually. :D

Transient
06-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Ha, thanks for the few helpful replies.

Didn't exactly mean for this to turn into a debate on the merits of the ban hammer tho... :P

Lokhopkuen
06-01-2010, 04:06 PM
i've ****ed my pants before... a few times actually. :D

I was banned but my popularity index is so high KFmagazine hadda bring me back or go outta biznizz:D

GeneChing
06-01-2010, 04:19 PM
But he always comes back at me with this stream of obscenities. He lurks here, so now that I've mentioned this, I'll probably get another stream. It's almost funny. Almost.

Lokhopkuen
06-01-2010, 04:35 PM
But he always comes back at me with this stream of obscenities. He lurks here, so now that I've mentioned this, I'll probably get another stream. It's almost funny. Almost.

Oh bring back the Able-Monster Gene. Like he is the only obscene member here?:rolleyes:
You gotta be at least a little crazy to to be involved in the martial arts in the first place.
Personally I'm Nucking Futts:D