PDA

View Full Version : TCPM's Wooden Dummy Book available

mantis108
08-09-2000, 10:38 PM
To those interested parties:

I have found some copies (10 - 20) of TCMP's Wooden Dummy Book from HK. This is by far the only book featuring Sigung Chui Chuk Kai performing the entire Dummy set. Unfortunately, there is only Chinese version available at this time. Interested parties please contact me and reserve your copy. We are work on the price and the shipping arrangements. Sorry, about the inconvinence. I will try to scan in at least the front cover as soon as I got me scanner working. Here's my email

sifu1@internorth.com

We will keep searching if more copies will be available in the future.

Mantis108

------------------
Contraria Sunt Complementa

Taijimantis
08-10-2000, 12:33 AM
Sifu Ly has some as I am sure I made you aware...
But one of our students is in the process of translating the text.
Unfortunately he was instructed not to translate the dummy form instruction because at the present Sifu Ly is not teaching that version of the form.

Namaste

Paul Skrypichayko
08-10-2000, 02:21 AM
Mantis108, please reserve a copy for me. It doesnt matter if it is in Chinese or English.

Can you give any details about the book? Hardcover, softcover, how many pages, are there drawings or photographs, etc.

Thanks

Taijimantis
08-10-2000, 04:58 AM
If the books my friend Mantis108 is referring to, are the ones I am thinking of...(sorry if I am stepping on toes here Mantis /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Then the book is softcover and about 115pgs. It is loaded with photos of Sigung from different times and places, as well as schools in the federation (at the time of print) and the complete Mook Jong form performed by Grandmaster Chiu himself!!! also are the TCPM 8 basic stances posed by... you guessed it, our late Sigung.

Weather you read Chinese or not it is a worthwhile purchase.

Namaste.

Enlightment
08-10-2000, 06:42 AM
I have that book! It's pretty cool. Right on the front few pages there's a picture of sifu chui chuk kai's top student. I forgot his name but he passed away in his 30's.

mantis108
09-11-2000, 04:24 AM
Presenting the book

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/gchan40008/myhomepage/PIcture/HSW.jpg

Mantis108

------------------

Paul Skrypichayko
09-11-2000, 06:53 AM
WOW! Pretty slick looking book. How soon till we can purchase copies?

mantis108
09-11-2000, 11:49 PM
Hi All,

The interest on this book is quite a supprise for us. Thanks you for all of your support. I am most delighted to announce that I have received (in Canada) the 20 copies today. I will be contacting those who have reserved their copies and finalize the purchase. According to my reserve list, there are about 8 copies left. Again, we are working hard to preserve and promote TCPM. We are hopeful that we would be able to local more copies in the future. Also, should you have suggestions on which type of material on the style you would like to acquire, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you once again for the wonderful support.

Mantis108

------------------

ShaolinMantis
09-12-2000, 02:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mantis108:
Hi All,

The interest on this book is quite a supprise for us. Thanks you for all of your support. I am most delighted to announce that I have received (in Canada) the 20 copies today. I will be contacting those who have reserved their copies and finalize the purchase. According to my reserve list, there are about 8 copies left. Again, we are working hard to preserve and promote TCPM. We are hopeful that we would be able to local more copies in the future. Also, should you have suggestions on which type of material on the style you would like to acquire, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you once again for the wonderful support.

Mantis108

[/quote]

SiHing

Is your picture in this book and you are being too modest to say any thing?

mantis108
09-28-2000, 11:56 PM
Dear friends and fellow TCPM brothers and sisters,

I haven't updated this thread for awhile due to the inquiries and purchase orders, which I have to handle. The frist wave of orders is nearly concluded, we have about 5 to 6 copies left. On behalf of everyone who is involved in the book project, I wish to take this oppotunity to thank you for the wonderful support. I have just received words form the HK group that they have contacted the co-author/editor of the book Wong Chi Shing who is also one of our fellow TCPM brothers. He might be able to release some more copies. I shall keep you posted. We also have related the language problem to him and he agreed to look into an English translation version. In case of the current copies ran out, I will still keep a reservation list. Should we get a hold of more copies, we will notify those who have reservation.

Hi Shaolinmatis,

I am in a blue jacket on p.104 (top picture), standing behind/between Sigung and Sarm SiTai (Sigung's third wife).

Regards

Mantis

cha kuen
09-29-2000, 01:38 PM
Mantis108 - May I ask you your lineage?

woliveri
09-29-2000, 06:08 PM
cha kuen, are you TCPM practioner in California?
If so, Can I ask what part? Northern/Southern?

mantis108
09-29-2000, 08:11 PM
Hi Cha Kuen,

My lineage goes like this:

Sigung Chui Chuk Kai

|

My Mentor Galen Fok

|

Many others and I

Galen prefers a Mentor-protege relationship rather than a master/diciple relationship. I also have another 2 mentors Roger Law and Leung Chek Kwan, who are also amongst Sigung's most hard working students. They are also featured in the book preforming one of the applications (p. 95 & 96). I was fortunate enough to have returned to HK and studyied under Sigung. His acceptance of my studying under him was unconditional. I honestly appreciate Sigung as one of the greatest Grandmasters and souls whom I have ever known.

BTW, may I ask of your lineage as well? Please feel free to contact me via email.

Regards

Mantis108

Paul Skrypichayko
10-05-2000, 01:17 AM
I just received my book today, and it's fantastic! I recommend it to any mantis practicioners or martial arts enthusiasts out there. Just be aware that it is completely in Chinese. Lots of great pictures though.

Does anybody know of other great books like this? (doesn't matter which style of kung fu, or which language).

Tekarius
10-05-2000, 02:55 AM
Darn it I can't read chinese, Paul I thought you were a white boy?

Paul Skrypichayko
10-05-2000, 04:57 AM
Yeah, last time I checked I still was, hehehe. I'll get my sifu and some friends to help me through it though.

mantis108
12-22-2000, 03:25 AM
Dear Fellow Martial Artists and Friends,

On behalf of the TCPM HK group, I would like to thank you for the wonderful support, which the book project has received. Your support has inspired us to work harder and to continue the effort to make available more TCPM material.

We would like to take this oppotunity to wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Sincerely,

Mantis108