PDA

View Full Version : New Traditional Kung Fu class in San Diego

traditional mantis
08-10-2000, 07:26 AM
Greetings everyone.

I am annoucing a new kung fu class that I wish to start in San Diego. The class will be in La Jolla to be exact. I will be teaching traditional northern praying mantis. I have trained praying mantis for 6 years along with some northern shaolin. The class will teach forms. I will also have a strong emphasis on techniques and applications. Would anyone be interested in the class? Reply to the post or you can email me at

STEAL THE PEACH@hotmail.com

Don't mind the email address. It's my favorite form in praying mantis.

Thank you.

BeiTangLang
08-10-2000, 05:07 PM
I have a car to sell you for $15k,...its red & has tires on it......
O.K.,....For those that might actually be interested in taking classes, There are a few more answers you may consider giving.
1. What is your name, 2. Who is your teacher, 3. How long have you been studying, 4. Did your sifu actually give you permission to teach. Please do not take offence to these questions as they are legit & you may get quite a few more replies than you would have with your first post.
Best of luck to you.
-BTL

MIA
08-10-2000, 08:31 PM
Steal the Peach = Tou Tao

Is your favorite form 'Bai Yuan Tou Tao' (White Ape Steals Peach) or 'Tang Lang Tou Tao' (Mantis Steals Peach)? In any case, both forms are either from Qixing Tanglangquan or Meihua Tanglangquan.

As they say, "When the pupil is ready, the master will appear." - 'Zorro'

So, good luck with starting the classes, but don't get too desperate if you don't get any students.

San Diego... Are you familiar with Tony Puyot?

[This message has been edited by MIA (edited 08-11-2000).]

traditional mantis
08-10-2000, 11:31 PM
I will be teaching 7 star praying mantis. THe form I was talking about is mantis steals the peach. I know that people are curious to see " how good" I am. I was thinking about setting up one free trial lesson where I will explain what I will teach and demonstrate applications. My name is Yang Shao Kuei. I learned from the wong hon fun branch of praying mantis under my uncle Jow Sang Che. And yes I have permission to teach.I have been training for 6 years. I ask that all who are interested come to the first free class to learn and observe. Thank you.

BeiTangLang
08-11-2000, 05:37 PM
Traditional Mantis,
Please contact me at beitanglang@asia.com . Thanks.
-BTL