MasterKiller
06-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Graphic

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8c4_1275374439

taai gihk yahn
06-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Graphic

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8c4_1275374439

he may have lost more than his arm if brachial artery got nailed...

PHILBERT
06-01-2010, 09:33 PM
That is why you never take your eyes off your opponent to grab your stuff when he is just feet away.

How many fights are on Youtube where some idiot thinks "I wanna be macho and take my shirt off" and as he takes his shirt off, the guy he is about to fight takes a shot?

dimethylsea
06-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Well I guess the guy who kicked him is going away for a long time.

sanjuro_ronin
06-02-2010, 06:14 AM
The reality of fighting is that, there is always the potential for very serious injury or even death.
Fighting is serious business but somewhere along the line sit became "acceptable
behavior".

David Jamieson
06-02-2010, 06:45 AM
The reality of fighting is that, there is always the potential for very serious injury or even death.
Fighting is serious business but somewhere along the line sit became "acceptable
behavior".

I don't think fighting is acceptable behaviour. Maybe I'm not reading what you're saying as correct.

Within society, physical conflict that results in harm is wholly unacceptable.
We reach after it through sports and such, but in day to day mundane riggings and doings, it doesn't belong in greater society.

It is because of the very real threat of fatality to someone that it is not acceptable and it is also why so many oppose the very idea of bloodsports to satisfy a desire.
It is not dissimilar to how masturbation is practiced.

Ultimately, fighting is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

Pay attention, be harmonious, be awake and most of all be a human being.
That way, stuff like this doesn't really come into your life.

lkfmdc
06-02-2010, 07:33 AM
A famous Russian once wrote "you may not be interested in war, but war may be interested in you"

There are clearly times you can NOT avoid violence, no matter what some sectors preach.

That being said, those times can get way out of hand and the consequences are never predictable

Had a recent run-in with this reality. Glad I was prepared, not happy I had to use that preparation

sanjuro_ronin
06-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Too many people do think that violence is acceptable, that is the problem.
Too many people are walking around looking for violence.

Dave, That is the tight attitude to have, don't look for it but be prepared for it.
The thing is, the reason WHY one must be prepared is because there are those looking for it.

David Jamieson
06-02-2010, 07:56 AM
A famous Russian once wrote "you may not be interested in war, but war may be interested in you"

There are clearly times you can NOT avoid violence, no matter what some sectors preach.

That being said, those times can get way out of hand and the consequences are never predictable

Had a recent run-in with this reality. Glad I was prepared, not happy I had to use that preparation

yep, I agree with this statement.
It's true and it's a good enough reason to get some martial training into your life.

Lokhopkuen
06-02-2010, 11:25 AM
That was really sad to see two young people's lives ruined in one moments madness:(

God Bless.

sanjuro_ronin
06-02-2010, 11:34 AM
That was really sad to see two young people's lives ruined in one moments madness:(

God Bless.

I had a friend, he got into a fight, nothing serious, just a typical fight that people get into.
He hit the guy, the guy fell down and his head hit some stairs and he was in a coma for 3 days.
He was fine and nothing happened, but those 3 days were the worse days in my friends life.
I don't think he was ever the same.

YouKnowWho
06-02-2010, 11:36 AM
One of my students once handled a bar fight perfectly. His opponent kept punching at him, he kept dodging and blocking. At the end his opponent got so frustrated, sat down on the chair, and didn't understand why he could not hit his opponent. The fight ended peacefully and nobody got hurt.

Lokhopkuen
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
One of my students works for AP (http://www.ricfrancis.org/) and went down to do a photo essay in the Prison at Angola, LA. Out of everything he saw and heard the one recurring theme with all of the inmates was if they had only just let it got at that one critical moment before there was no turning back, then they would not be where they are today.....

diego
06-02-2010, 03:54 PM
@ that one critical moment

Been thinking of getting back into writing lyrics^^^finally found a topic subject after a week of pondering...onsome gangstarr **** at that critical moment....flashbacks and putting in work bundle stacks dealing with jerks. wooh;):D

Lee Chiang Po
06-02-2010, 06:48 PM
One of my students works for AP (http://www.ricfrancis.org/) and went down to do a photo essay in the Prison at Angola, LA. Out of everything he saw and heard the one recurring theme with all of the inmates was if they had only just let it got at that one critical moment before there was no turning back, then they would not be where they are today.....

Angola is a lovely place. It looks even better when looking at it over your shoulder. He was right too. Some of those boys probably left home to get a quart of milk or a loaf of bread and ended up doing hard time for something that just seemed like a good idea at the time. I spent some hard years there myself, but then I was railroaded. I was innocent I tell you.

KC Elbows
06-03-2010, 06:50 AM
I know one kid who's repeatedly dangerously close to that sort of bad judgment. His kungfu is fairly good, but he's one of those guys who probably shouldn't have been taught martial arts, as he has talent and ego galore, and the first makes him dangerous and the second limits how good he will be, anyway, since the only reason he has to improve is when his ego gets smashed, and no one with a brain who is able to smash it is willing risk their training time to train with him.

firepalm
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
The punk that 'sucker' kicked the guy with his back turned doesn't deserve prison he deserves a bullet in the head.

David Jamieson
06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
nobody deserves harm.
no one is entitled to dispense it.

firepalm
06-03-2010, 11:53 AM
David, you might be right & while I respect your opinion, if the Governor gives me a pass I'd be happy to pull the trigger. :D

sanjuro_ronin
06-03-2010, 12:15 PM
I know one kid who's repeatedly dangerously close to that sort of bad judgment. His kungfu is fairly good, but he's one of those guys who probably shouldn't have been taught martial arts, as he has talent and ego galore, and the first makes him dangerous and the second limits how good he will be, anyway, since the only reason he has to improve is when his ego gets smashed, and no one with a brain who is able to smash it is willing risk their training time to train with him.

Hmmm, you mention this and I am thinking of someone.
My BIL has a cousin, started in karate and got caught up in the MMA craze a few years ago and has been doing it ever sense, including steroids.
Wants to compete badly, but here in Ontario, that is not gonna happen.
Not sure if he has gone over to Quebec.
Anyways, he has a really ego and rage issues, my BIL told me he almost killed his dog (A boxer) in rage when he threw the dog through a door.
Well, I love animals and that ****ed me off to no end.
About a year or so I had a chance to meet him.
He understood what the dog felt like, literally.
Yes it cost me almost a grand, but it was well worth it !

Lee Chiang Po
06-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Contrary to what is said, violence has it's place in society. This thing about none violence and no one deserves being violently attacked is mostly ethical or moral standards set by certain members of society, but in fact, there is nothing that is right or wrong, and because someone finds it morally unexceptable does not actually make it wrong or right. There are those that deserve being violently assaulted.
About 30 years ago I ran a small book out of my print shop. I did my own rounds and collecting. Occasionally I would have someone try to stiff me. Now, if I had allowed them to get by with it, my business would have gone down the tube. So, I would administer a measure of violence in the form of a thrashing and possibly a broken small bone, the first time. One day a friend and former employer called me and asked me to collect a loan for him that was well past due. I would have gotten a percentage of the amount collected of course. A certain Dallas based TV Evangelist that I am certain everyone would know if I gave his name, had borrowed a large amount of cash to pay off bets he had lost. He ran a book too, and was bad at making odds, and he got in the red and needed bucks to get out. So he borrowed it. He missed 3 pay back dates and so I went to talk to him about it. He told me that he didn't have the money and that he was going to put it into the hands of the lord. If it got paid, good. If not, then it was all in the hands of the lord. I said ok, that is just fine, and litterally stomped him to the inch of his life.
Next morning I went to see my employer to explain to him that I was unable to collect his money, but before I could deliver the bad news, he asked me what I had said to him because a fellow had come in and paid it all up in full. He then handed me my percentage. I explained to him that I had been rather stern with him and my employer said, it is true that the lord works in mysterious ways. Nothing else was said.
So you see, violence does have a place in our society. It gives you leverage when nothing else is going to work. There are people that simply do not understand anything else.

jmd161
06-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Contrary to what is said, violence has it's place in society. This thing about none violence and no one deserves being violently attacked is mostly ethical or moral standards set by certain members of society, but in fact, there is nothing that is right or wrong, and because someone finds it morally unexceptable does not actually make it wrong or right. There are those that deserve being violently assaulted.
About 30 years ago I ran a small book out of my print shop. I did my own rounds and collecting. Occasionally I would have someone try to stiff me. Now, if I had allowed them to get by with it, my business would have gone down the tube. So, I would administer a measure of violence in the form of a thrashing and possibly a broken small bone, the first time. One day a friend and former employer called me and asked me to collect a loan for him that was well past due. I would have gotten a percentage of the amount collected of course. A certain Dallas based TV Evangelist that I am certain everyone would know if I gave his name, had borrowed a large amount of cash to pay off bets he had lost. He ran a book too, and was bad at making odds, and he got in the red and needed bucks to get out. So he borrowed it. He missed 3 pay back dates and so I went to talk to him about it. He told me that he didn't have the money and that he was going to put it into the hands of the lord. If it got paid, good. If not, then it was all in the hands of the lord. I said ok, that is just fine, and litterally stomped him to the inch of his life.
Next morning I went to see my employer to explain to him that I was unable to collect his money, but before I could deliver the bad news, he asked me what I had said to him because a fellow had come in and paid it all up in full. He then handed me my percentage. I explained to him that I had been rather stern with him and my employer said, it is true that the lord works in mysterious ways. Nothing else was said.
So you see, violence does have a place in our society. It gives you leverage when nothing else is going to work. There are people that simply do not understand anything else.

I agree there are times when violence is needed but I don't agree with your reason for it. I would understand violence being used against you in that case! You both took part in an illlegal enterprise in illlegal matters you accept that things like that will happen because it's illlegal it's not like you can call the cops on the guy. I witnessed a drug deal gone bad and in the end had no problems how it played out. A guy came to buy drugs he tried to snatch and run without paying. The dealer caught him and began to beat him down. The guy accepted the beat down because he tried to steal from the guy.

At that moment another guy comes over that has nothing to do with what just went down but, he was a friend of the dealer. He finds out the guy tried to snatch and grab from his friend and decide to join in beating on the guy. It's at this moment that the guy taking the beating took offense to this friend beating on him. The guy being beaten now buy someone that has nothing to do with it pulls out a gun and shoots the guys friend 5 times killing him instantly! He then walked off as if nothing happened. He accepted the 1st guy beating him because he tried to steal from him but, the second guy was just getting involved because he saw what he thought was a easy mark...oh well he never had a chance to learn from budding into other people's business.

jmd161
06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
If you engage in illlegal activity it doesn't give you a pass to commit violence. I agree there are people out there that you have to deal with violently to make them understand. I had a friend that was robbed several times by the same guy. He called the police and did everything he could to avoid violence. It didn't help the guy continued to rob my friend almost at will. My friend had enough! The cops were doing nothing and the guy was getting more bold so after the next time he was robbed he followed the guy to a local strip mall without the guy even noticing... as the guy walked through the parking lot to enter the stores my friend unloaded his 9mm on him killing him! My friend is in prison facing life without parole or death. He tried going through proper channels and nothing was done but, because he followed the guy and killed him he's apying the price. I can accept what my friend did because in this particular robbery he and his kids were held at gun point. It scared the crap out of his kids he snapped! He said it was the look in his kids eyes that he could not accept If the guy had not robbed him in front of his kids that time it would have not ended that way.

I left my home state for almost 7yrs to avoid killing a guy from the same situation my friend went through. This guy robbed me at gun point twice and pulled a gun on me another time. He was a punk trying to be a thug! I told him to his face you're going to make me kill you! These guys feel because you don't do anything to them that you are affraid of them and that's not the case... until you do them harm they will keep coming.

MartialDev
06-07-2010, 05:59 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting to find a furious Sandwich Artist, with pickles and roast beef flying everywhere.

sanjuro_ronin
06-08-2010, 05:29 AM
Violence is never NEEDED, it is the last resort when common sense has failed.
Some people only understand violence because that is the language of their "upbringing", but that circle of violence and hate ( they go hand in hand) will never be broken by more violence.

dimethylsea
06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Violence is never NEEDED, it is the last resort when common sense has failed.
Some people only understand violence because that is the language of their "upbringing", but that circle of violence and hate ( they go hand in hand) will never be broken by more violence.

You need to read more Tacitus dude.

The circle of violence can end one of two ways (historically).

Either you become one with them, or you destroy them utterly.

Intermarriage or ethnic cleansing.

But don't think for a second it isn't quite possible to "break the cycle" by simply piling the bodies high enough.

Remember "nuke'em till they glow, then shoot them in the dark".

The only reason people don't do this sort of full-on total war these days is because the cost to our own integrity and institutions would be crippling (till we adapted to the new dispensation).

But make no mistake.. it is perfectly possible to apply force on such a massive scale that it "solves" the problem.

Tacitus said it best "They have made that place a desert, a desolation, and they call it peace!".

sanjuro_ronin
06-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I assume you are posting in Jest.

goju
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Hmmm, you mention this and I am thinking of someone.
My BIL has a cousin, started in karate and got caught up in the MMA craze a few years ago and has been doing it ever sense, including steroids.
Wants to compete badly, but here in Ontario, that is not gonna happen.
Not sure if he has gone over to Quebec.
Anyways, he has a really ego and rage issues, my BIL told me he almost killed his dog (A boxer) in rage when he threw the dog through a door.
Well, I love animals and that ****ed me off to no end.
About a year or so I had a chance to meet him.
He understood what the dog felt like, literally.
Yes it cost me almost a grand, but it was well worth it !

good on you man that ****ed me off just reading it:mad:

Faruq
06-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm glad at least two people there gave the guy a hand and tried to help pull him away from the train. Too bad they didn't stop the young punk that kicked him into it. This looks like a film from the 70's or from some country in Europe that's a few decades behind us.

David Jamieson
06-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm glad at least two people there gave the guy a hand and tried to help pull him away from the train. Too bad they didn't stop the young punk that kicked him into it. This looks like a film from the 70's or from some country in Europe that's a few decades behind us.

? really?

It looks like a phone vid and it looks like it was recorded in asia. Maybe SK. or it could be south america, like santiago or something.

Hardwork108
06-09-2010, 10:39 PM
? really?

It looks like a phone vid and it looks like it was recorded in asia. Maybe SK. or it could be south america, like santiago or something.

Phew,,,,,for a second I thought you were going to say Colombia.....

Faruq
06-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Do they really do that many kicks when they fight in South America? I wonder if they fight the same way we do here. When I was a little kid this new kid from Palestine came to our school and everyone was scared of him because he'd always get you on the ground and head butt you. It'd be interesting to see if people have different trends in the way the average guy fights in different countries.

David Jamieson
06-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Do they really do that many kicks when they fight in South America? I wonder if they fight the same way we do here. When I was a little kid this new kid from Palestine came to our school and everyone was scared of him because he'd always get you on the ground and head butt you. It'd be interesting to see if people have different trends in the way the average guy fights in different countries.

I have no doubt the palestinian kid got that from a brit. lol

Hardwork108
06-10-2010, 09:49 AM

Based on what I have seen, the street fights that I saw in Brazil had a surprising amount of kicks. In Britain it was mainly fists (wild punching) and yes head butts too, presumably because some of the street fighters there have delicate hands.:D

Here in Colombia, again, I am basing this on what have seen personally, kicking does not seem to be as popular as in Brazil.

Incidentally, compared to what I saw in London,the night club scene here in Colombia is not plagued by drunk brawls even though most school girls here fight better than what you see over there.

There is a cordiality and respect here that you do not see in many places, while at the same time when it comes to graticious fighting, most people do not want to go there as there is a danger of ending up fighting the wrong "elements" and getting killed. Simple like that!

The police are not fond of delinquent behavior either, so there is no "we were just having a little fun" or "I was drunk and did not know what I was doing" BS, meaning that trouble makers may end up getting some "trouble" handed to them by the police, that is, if they survive their first bout. So, ironically here in Colombia when I go clubbing, on the nights that I am not working, the possibility of a fight is the last thing on my mind.

Anyway, I digressed....:D

Faruq
06-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Very interesting. I wonder what random fights in Hong Kong, Korea, Indonesia and Malaysia would look like since martial arts are native to those countries?... I had a friend from Chile whose mother told me about fighting other ladies with knives over there. From what she was telling me, I got the idea fights in her neighborhood were a little more serious than where I grew up.

David Jamieson
06-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Very interesting. I wonder what random fights in Hong Kong, Korea, Indonesia and Malaysia would look like since martial arts are native to those countries?... I had a friend from Chile whose mother told me about fighting other ladies with knives over there. From what she was telling me, I got the idea fights in her neighborhood were a little more serious than where I grew up.

In south america, everything is serious business. Boil a potato and that's some serious business.

Take a dump and it's serious!

South Americans are seriously passionate about the smallest of things. It seems to be a cultural thing on that continent.

SAAMAG
06-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Dude that is the first video I've seen in a while where i genuinely felt for someone. The person that attacked when the guy's back was turned knew full well what was going to happen and had that INTENT in mind.

I hope someone stopped him from running and the guy is doing jail time (or worse). That fight just looked like a minor altercation that was not a big deal, and then someone loses an arm?! I mean for ****'s sake.

sanjuro_ronin
06-10-2010, 12:52 PM

I knew a guy like that, one day the guy on the bottom moved.
:p

Faruq
06-10-2010, 01:24 PM
In south america, everything is serious business. Boil a potato and that's some serious business.

Take a dump and it's serious!

South Americans are seriously passionate about the smallest of things. It seems to be a cultural thing on that continent.

Lol, Sanjuro Ronin.

Also, I wonder how the average fight is in the Philippines. There was some series on like the Discovery Channel a while back where these two Americans traveled the globe stopping in specific countries where they'd each study for a week with a local master and fight one of his senior students at the end of the week. When they were walking around a market in the Philippines they had to get them the hell out of there because a bodyguard or translator heard some local thugs say how easy it'd be to like stab them in the back right there, and like "heck, I'm gonna go do it right now..." or something. Sounds like fights in the Philippines are dangerous too. But we probably all knew that already from An Officer and A Gentleman, lol....

Jimbo
06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Any fight can be dangerous, wherever it happens. All that has to happen is someone falls back after being punched and be fatally injured when his head hits the ground.

Plus, you never know when a weapon can be introduced. Locally, there was a guy who reportedly trained 'mixed martial arts' who got into a fight in a bar over a 'hard look'. They went out into the parking lot and fought again. The trained guy reportedly shot in and slammed the other guy to the ground and began grappling with him. Unknown to him, however, the other guy had pulled his folding knife and ended up stabbing him, I believe from the bottom, about 17 times. He died, and the other guy's in prison.

Also locally, a wake boarder and college wrestler was walking with his gf when someone asked her if she wanted a ride. P!$$ed off and apparently drunk, the wrestler pulled the guy from his car and took him down. Similar to the other incident, the other guy pulled a knife and stabbed him, once, which happened to sever the wrestler's aorta, and he also died. This case was eventually ruled self-defense.

Not to mention the many fights where the loser goes off, gets his gun, then comes back to off the winner. If it's a stranger, you just never know what the other person(s) tendencies/capabilities/background are, or what they might be carrying.

dimethylsea
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM
What he said! QFT.

sanjuro_ronin
06-11-2010, 05:41 AM
I remember one guy that got his face cut up bad when he tripped while fightign and went head first into a window, one other that got run over by a car while trying to run from a fight, and more.
Fighting is dangerous.

SAAMAG
06-11-2010, 12:08 PM
This vid takes all the fun out of saying you're "a street fighter" :eek:

Zhang Yong Chun
06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
This video brings back some memories.

How horrible. Real fighting is not glamourous. I've seen five foot guys put down monsters by using a knife in a fistfight.

For all the mixed-martial arts masters and competition-based warriors, a real fight has so many variables and so many consequences, that its rarely worth it to do it.

If you can avoid a real fight, do so. The alternative might be the grave, a hospital, or a jail cell if you don't.