PDA

View Full Version : NY/NJ Wing Chun?

ryanrizzer
06-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi,
Looking for affordable Wing Chun schools in the area. Too many to sort through and also looking for affordable as I'd like to also keep training some BJJ as well. Both can get very expensive in the new york city area.

I have heard that Fighthouse has both BJJ and TWC and they do a lot of cross training with other styles and spar a lot there. I've also heard that there are some EBMAS guys that also train in BJJ and kickboxing in the area. I've also heard the sifu chow and sifu grados cross train and spar quite a bit.

I've looked into LT's school but i've heard it can get expensive to learn the more advanced forms with all the fees and, that is a bit of kung fu kool-aid from some other guys i used to train VT with. Also, i'd like to try to avoid traditional wing chun schools that don't progress the system. Nothing against tradition, but I'm looking for more a progressive in-fighting system.

In short, i would (in an ideal world) find a place that offers both WC and BJJ that are affordable and where the WC does some sparring with each other and other styles regularly. Or at least doesn't forbid from training with other styles.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Places to avoid?
Ryan

*Keep in mind that i'm looking for affordable.

Phil Redmond
06-04-2010, 08:59 AM
If there is TWC at the fight club I don't know who's teaching it. There are only 3 Sifus of TWC in NYC and one of them is my student. I teach TWC every Sat. from 3:30 - 5:30pm. The address is 64 E. 4th St. 4th Floor.
My contact info is on my website: http://www/wingchunkwoon.com

Phil Redmond
06-04-2010, 09:07 AM
btw, I will be starting a weekday class soon.

k gledhill
06-04-2010, 10:28 AM
WSL / PB NY & NJ

NY Wed 6-8pm 64 East 4t st [2&3 ave]

NJ is Sat 9-11 American Academy of Martial Arts, Matawan

contact through the website below

Lindley
06-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Consider contact Sifu Miguel Hernandez at mhernan5@aol.com

stonecrusher69
06-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi,
Looking for affordable Wing Chun schools in the area. Too many to sort through and also looking for affordable as I'd like to also keep training some BJJ as well. Both can get very expensive in the new york city area.

I have heard that Fighthouse has both BJJ and TWC and they do a lot of cross training with other styles and spar a lot there. I've also heard that there are some EBMAS guys that also train in BJJ and kickboxing in the area. I've also heard the sifu chow and sifu grados cross train and spar quite a bit.

I've looked into LT's school but i've heard it can get expensive to learn the more advanced forms with all the fees and, that is a bit of kung fu kool-aid from some other guys i used to train VT with. Also, i'd like to try to avoid traditional wing chun schools that don't progress the system. Nothing against tradition, but I'm looking for more a progressive in-fighting system.

In short, i would (in an ideal world) find a place that offers both WC and BJJ that are affordable and where the WC does some sparring with each other and other styles regularly. Or at least doesn't forbid from training with other styles.

Ryan

I have two classes per week tues and sunday in columbus park chinatown, and one class on wens in little falls in NJ on Fut Sao Wing Chun. If you like more info you can pm me here or email me at futsaowingchun@gmail.com

Ultimatewingchun
10-12-2010, 06:33 PM
but my top student, Michael Mundy, has opened up a brand new TWC in the Tribeca area of lower Manhattan (Wednesday nights from 6:30-9:00).

I've had about 6 students who've reached a high level of TWC knowledge and fighting skill - and Michael is arguably the best of the 6...

although on any given day...;)

If you're interested in seeing a class - you can reach Michael at: studio@michaelmundy.com

jesper
10-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi,

Ryan

Heres a novell thought.
Go visit the different schools and check them out.
Yeah I know it takes some commitment

stonecrusher69
11-03-2010, 04:33 PM
My new location in NJ. 446 Hackensack st. Carlstadt NJ Mon and FRi 7:30-9pm first class is free