PDA

View Full Version : Circle of Pain

mickey
06-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Greetings,

I recently had the opportunity to see this.

This is one incredibly HORRIFIC fighting movie. The choreography sucked so badly that I had to fast forward through it. There were se x scenes that really did not add to the movie. And I fast forwarded through them as well-- they were that bad.

The choreography was supposed to be MMA. It was the worst. If you want to learn how not to do a martial arts flick, see this. If I watched Five Fingers of Death for the first time after this, I would think the choreography of FFOD to be Totally Hardcore, if not the martial truth.

To make things worse, the poster represents Kimbo Slice as the star of the movie. It is not true at all. It is sad that the people at TAPOUT had to do that. I do not know the people at TAPOUT, but this kind of selling makes me want to stay away from them.

Now, back to Kimbo Slice. He is in it for only two scenes of which one involves fighting. He has a screen presence that I hope will be put to better use in the future. He handles his lines well (what few he had). And he appears to handle choreography well (again, the choreography sucks!!!). He is used to being in front of the camera. The only problem is that when he is thrown, he takes five years to get off the ground. There is a sequence in his fight scene with the protagonist, where the guy has him on one knee and is raining a series of single punches upon him. Kimbo takes the punch and then brings his head back to the same position the receive the next one over and over again. That is the most hilarious thing about the entire film. I hope there are better opportunities for him.

Again, I will not be dropping the plot. If you have to see this movie, get someone else to get if for you.

You have been warned,

mickey