PDA

View Full Version : Where do you train in NY?

hindoshima
06-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Sorry if this topic was already posted, I ran a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am planning on moving to New York soon. For those of you living in NY, where do you train?

Thanks

TenTigers
06-11-2010, 09:07 AM
what kind of training are you looking for?
Different teachers/schools emphasize different things.

Ultimatewingchun
06-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I teach Traditional Wing Chun (TWC) here in NYC...

If you're interested in seeing a class, you can reach me at: wingchun@usa.com

WinterPalm
06-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Check out NY San Da if you want the modern approach. You'll see all the old school techniques but trained in a great way without having to sift through them.

taai gihk yahn
06-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Check out NY San Da if you want the modern approach. You'll see all the old school techniques but trained in a great way without having to sift through them.

some might argue that NY San Da's so-called "modern" approach is a lot closer to the way TCMA's were trained "traditionally", before TCMA became"formafied" and then "wushufied"...

lkfmdc
06-11-2010, 09:01 PM

some might argue that NY San Da's so-called "modern" approach is a lot closer to the way TCMA's were trained "traditionally", before TCMA became"formafied" and then "wushufied"...

crazy talk, crazy crazy crazy talk

hindoshima
06-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks! You all have given me some good leads. I'll be sure to check some of those places out.

taai gihk yahn
06-12-2010, 06:22 AM
crazy talk, crazy crazy crazy talk

it's the water here in NY...

Emeraldphoenix
06-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Raul Ortiz is also in N.Y Praying mantis.