PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know of any good tai Chi Praying Mantis books?

humblewarrior
08-14-2000, 11:35 PM
If so, where can I order them?

Taijimantis
08-15-2000, 04:21 PM
I was sure I responded to this page last night!

You can order a book from me sooner or later... as I am in the process of writing one /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

In the meantime, Paul Eng has written several books. You can find them on the Tai Mantis website.

If you are looking for a history, and informational, I hope to be done with my book by the end of next year...

If you are looking for a How-To, be warned. My sifu is one of Eng's Peers. He says very simply you cant learn from a book.

When Sifu Ly says something you take it to the bank.

Namaste.

humblewarrior
08-16-2000, 12:30 AM
I have read that Paul Eng's books are seven star praying mantis, not tai chi praying mantis.

Taijimantis
08-16-2000, 02:03 AM
While I have not read the books by sifu Eng, I would find it unlikely that they are Seven Star based.

Sifu Eng is the President of the Chiu Chuk-Kai, Tai Chi Praying Mantis Federation.

My Sifu is one of Grandmaster Chiu's oldest living Disciples, handpicked to carry on the tradition. he recognizes Eng as a "brother" and so I would go with these bits of info as "gospel". Whatever Master Ly says is likely to be pretty close.

Check out Eng's books for yourself, and I will ask some of my Brothers if they have more info than I.

namaste.

ShaolinMantis
08-16-2000, 04:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Taijimantis:
While I have not read the books by sifu Eng, I would find it unlikely that they are Seven Star based.
namaste.[/quote]

Eng Shifu's books are only on Seven Star Mantis. Done so out of respect for his older Taiji Mantis brothers who have the right to publish a book on Taiji Mantis first. Eng Shifu is also a Seven Star Mantis, Tiger Claw and Hung Gar, Taiji, Northern Shaolin, Ba qua, Instructor as well as Taiji Mantis

respects

P.S. those looking for a eMail from me will rec'v it this week, I am catching up with things now the Mantis seminar is over.

Taijimantis
08-16-2000, 06:32 AM
Thanks for setting me strait!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Young Mantis
08-24-2000, 03:43 AM
There are also several books on Tai Chi Praying Mantis written by Alexander Tse although I have not seen them outside of Chinese bookstores. I believe all of them are in both English and Chinese. I don't remember how many there are but I know of the following:

1. Killing Fan Play (Diewt Ming Seen)
2. Peng Pu
3. Lahn Dzeet (I believe he translates this one as Volley-Catching)

Ericsepishii
10-07-2000, 05:38 AM
Dear Humble Warrior

I might be able to assist you however,
I would like to first obtain some
additional information from you.

# 1 Are you an active Tai Chi Mantis Student ?

# 2

Ericsepishii
10-07-2000, 05:44 AM
Sorry about the incomplete reply, I
ended up pressing some wrong keys
and the message got sent prior to
me finishing it.

In any case,

Q.2a If you are an active Tai Chi Mantis
student, how long have you been
practicing ?

Q.2b Who is your Sifu ?

Q.3 Where are you located ?

Please send me a direct reply to:

EricSep@prodigy.net

shaolin mantis
10-12-2000, 06:20 AM
Sifu Paul Eng's books are 7 star Mantis books.
I have all 4 books, they are: Bon Bo, Spear Hand,
Monkey steals peach and Plum blosum.

ShaolinMantis
10-13-2000, 02:18 AM
shaolin mantis, are you from the S.F. school?