PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Alittle Advice Needed None Political

Nicholas82555
06-14-2010, 05:20 PM
There's 2 schools 2 chose from..LT and Kenneth Cheung (Ben Der) San Jose Cali 25 to 95 min drive respectively.

I don't have enough knowledge or insight but speed being what "can be" a killer. Delivering a ground rooted committed strike with power is equally important.

I'm sure alot of u r well verse with LT but what about Kenneth Cheung, he teaches out of Sanford University in Palo Alto Cali but Sifu Ben Der oversees the San Jose school.

I don't mind the distance but I always believe in making the 1st step whenever possibly. I'm in this for the long haul, no rush, fame, fortune or politics applies here.

Thanks

Vajramusti
06-14-2010, 05:49 PM
My lineage and footwork are different from both-but given what you list I would pick Kenneth Chung or Ben Der over the LT schools.

joy chaudhuri

YungChun
06-15-2010, 02:12 AM
My lineage and footwork are different from both-but given what you list I would pick Kenneth Chung or Ben Der over the LT schools.

joy chaudhuri

It depends, go to each school and see... But in general knowing nothing I'd agree with the above.

What do you want to get out of it?

Zhuge Liang
06-15-2010, 02:47 AM
There are a bunch of schools in the bay area, and they all have something different to offer. I myself study with Ken and pop into Ben's from time to time. Feel free to drop by either class to check us out, or send me a private message if you have any questions.

Alan

aelward
06-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Sifu Ken and Sifu Ben are both amazing. I was particularly impressed by Sifu Ben's students' combination of mobility and rootedness, as well as their soft hands.

t_niehoff
06-16-2010, 06:30 AM
Why are you starting WCK in the first place?

Hardwork108
06-24-2010, 01:19 AM

joy chaudhuri
I agree.:)

Hardwork108
06-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Why are you starting WCK in the first place?

I assume because he is smart and intelligent, and he knows what he wants for a good reason! :)

TenTigers
06-24-2010, 09:01 AM
I assume because he is smart and intelligent, and he knows what he wants for a good reason! :)

Congratulations, HD108! That was the best post you've ever written. Straight up, honest, to the point, with none of your other soapbox grandstanding.
If you keep on posting like that, people will start to take you seriously.

Nicholas82555
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM

Thank u:)))))

Hardwork108
07-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Congratulations, HD108! That was the best post you've ever written.

Thank you. :)

Straight up, honest, to the point, with none of your other soapbox grandstanding.

All my but all my posts are honest!:)

If you keep on posting like that, people will start to take you seriously.
Some people here do take my mosts seriously, and "some" is a good number in a world, and a forum filled with Mcdojo "kung fu-ists".

Hardwork108
07-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Thank u:)))))

You are very welcome. :)

sanjuro_ronin
07-06-2010, 07:29 AM
I don't have enough knowledge or insight but speed being what "can be" a killer. Delivering a ground rooted committed strike with power is equally important.

LT schools tend to be, well...controversial at times but it does depend on the school.
So it may not be fair to right off ANY school right off the bat, try them all and see which YOU feel more comfortable in, in the end THAT will be the deciding factor in how long you stay.