PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Man Arrested for 'Hunting' Bin Laden

SanHeChuan
06-15-2010, 07:22 AM
U.S. Man Arrested for 'Hunting' Bin Laden (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704009804575308440143301092.html?m od=fox_australian)

ISLAMABAD—An American construction worker who was arrested with a sword, a pistol and night-vision goggles in northwestern Pakistan told investigators Tuesday that he wanted to kill Osama bin Laden to avenge the 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.

Garry Brooks Faulkner, 52 years old, of California was caught by Pakistani police Monday in the remote Bumburat Valley near the border of Afghanistan's Nuristan province, where he apparently hoped to find bin Laden.

Police quoted him as saying he wanted to avenge the victims of the attacks on New York and Washington. He was also carrying Christian religious books with him, according to Mumtaz Ahmed Khan, a senior police officer in the northwestern town of Chitral.

Mr. Faulkner arrived in Chitral on June 3 and stayed in a hotel in Bumburat Valley, an area famous for its spring dancing festival which attracts large number of foreign visitors every year. Mr. Faulkner arrived in Pakistan on a tourist visa, and police said it was his third trip to the area in the last five years.

Mr. Faulkner disappeared from his hotel on Sunday night, escaping the police guard that had been posted there for his security, a common service in the area.

He was seized from a forest in a high security zone close to the border after a 10-hour hunt. He carried a 40-inch sword, which he said he brought with him from California, and several rounds of pistol bullets, Mr. Khan said. Mr. Faulkner surrendered without any resistance and was flown to Peshawar Tuesday for further investigation.

Richard Snelsire, U.S. embassy spokesman, said the Peshawar consulate had been informed of the arrest of a U.S. citizen, adding that the embassy was seeking access to the detained American.

:D A sword :eek:

1bad65
06-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Wasn't Dog the Bounty Hunter gonna go look for Bin Laden too? :D

SanHeChuan
06-15-2010, 07:26 AM
That would be a reality show I’d watch. :D

Just to see Dog blunder through Afghanistan.

David Jamieson
06-16-2010, 05:07 AM
That would be a reality show I’d watch. :D

Just to see Dog blunder through Afghanistan.

Yeah, that would be a cool reality show!

They should really think about that with a pay off for the winner!

a million bucks a year, for life for the capture of UBL and you could watch it on TV while the various contestants risk their lives to get the guy.

I think I'm reverting to a roman spectator!

uki
06-16-2010, 05:18 AM
another fool chasing a ghost...

uki
06-16-2010, 05:23 AM
I think I'm reverting to a roman spectator!just think of all those football stadiums and sports arena's out there...

David Jamieson
06-16-2010, 06:17 AM
just think of all those football stadiums and sports arena's out there...

Not to mention the abundance of Lions and Christians!

uki
06-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Not to mention the abundance of Lions and Christians!i have the funny feeling it will become anyone at all... male lions are tricky opponents - better grab the peach real ****ing quick!!! for the females i am not too sure... if they are with the attacking male, ripping his ball sack off might deter any attack from the females... a pride of females or simply one and you might have a chance by nice solid strikes to their noses or eyes... i realize this would all have to happen at lighting speed, but it's better to have some kind of goal in mind when facing a seemingly absolute failed situation that one may happen to find themselves in. :D

David Jamieson
06-16-2010, 08:30 AM
angry, irritated hungry lion vs human = lion wins every time. your arm will be chewed off before you can get the tip of your finger on a hair of his balls.

the females are worse!

uki
06-16-2010, 08:50 AM
angry, irritated hungry lion vs human = lion wins every time. your arm will be chewed off before you can get the tip of your finger on a hair of his balls.you're such a pessimist. :p

the females are worse!must stem from some genetic trait that resides in every species across the spectrum...

Dragonzbane76
06-16-2010, 09:23 AM
hell i thought when they stated they arrested some idiot over there with a sword and gun, first thing popped in my mind I bet it was UKI......

GeneChing
06-16-2010, 09:30 AM
I read about this in the paper this morning and was all psyched to add it to our Bad Day for Samurai Wannabes (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52919) thread. I guess I can still link it to this thread.

TaichiMantis
06-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I read about this in the paper this morning and was all psyched to add it to our Bad Day for Samurai Wannabes (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52919) thread. I guess I can still link it to this thread.

bonus points for YOU!:p

Hardwork108
06-17-2010, 10:02 AM
U.S. Man Arrested for 'Hunting' Bin Laden (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704009804575308440143301092.html?m od=fox_australian)

:D A sword :eek:

All for nothing, because there is a good chance that Bin Laden has been dead for a long time.:cool: