PDA

View Full Version : Law Horn?

Dragonzbane76
06-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Might have the name wrong. I was going through some of my vids of older forms I had. One I aquired from southern Tai mantis under the name above I believe but I might be wrong. Law horn/lau horne? From Kam yuen mantis.

mickey
06-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Greetings,

Law Horne = Lohan

The way you have it spelled appears to be derived from the Cantonese pronounciation.

mickey

Dragonzbane76
06-21-2010, 08:11 AM
thanks I'll check up on the pronounciation.

mig
06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
This is correct. Also I have seen the name of Myjoong lawharn and the Mandarin equivalent: Mizong Luohan.

HTH,

Mig

RenDaHai
06-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Yeah, as above 'Luo Han' is correct.

罗汉拳

Thats in in Chinese (the third character is fist). Copy and paste it on a chinese video site and you can find some good stuff.

Like; www.56.com, www.youku.com

Dragonzbane76
06-21-2010, 10:07 AM
thanks,

looked though some of the forms on that site you posted didn't see anything that resembled what I was looking for. Like I said I might have the pronoun. mispelled I'll have to check it when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the comments though.

David Jamieson
06-21-2010, 10:19 AM
These guys are all wrong man.

What it really is is a kind of a vuvuzela that used to be used in ancient chinese courtrooms to announce the entrance of the judge.

It's just an oddity that it means the same thing in english.

law horn - the horn that's used in a court of law.

:D

TenTigers
06-21-2010, 01:10 PM
These guys are all wrong man.

What it really is is a kind of a vuvuzela that used to be used in ancient chinese courtrooms to announce the entrance of the judge.

It's just an oddity that it means the same thing in english.

law horn - the horn that's used in a court of law.

:D
I like yer mom's vuvuzela.

David Jamieson
06-21-2010, 01:38 PM
I like yer mom's vuvuzela.

That's 73 years worth of buzzing in between your ears right there!
Didn't know you liked em...uh...mature. :p

Dragonzbane76
06-23-2010, 08:49 AM
checked the vid on again for this form and on it says, "Law Horn" Don't know the ones I check on the net didn't resemble it either. Oh well, thought someone would know.

mickey
06-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi,

I thought you were looking for an understanding of the words.

Alex Tse, Paul Eng, Kam Yuen, Raymond Wong (I think he studied Tai Mantis in addition to his mainstay) and Robert Hui are all very much alive and in their bodies. Ask them about your form. You may want to ask in the Mantis forum.

mickey

Dragonzbane76
06-23-2010, 09:08 AM
yeah was looking for someone that knows the form....Might drop this over there.

mickey
06-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi,

I forgot one person. He is a long time student of Kam Yuen. His name is Rob Moses. He is in Hawaii:

http://www.kungfuhawaii.com/html/about_sigong_rob.html

He would prpbably know more about Kam Yuen's curriculum and the origins of the forms. I say this because the form may have come from another style, such as the Lohan (Law Horn, Luohan) style taught by Wong Jack Man.

mickey

Dragonzbane76
06-23-2010, 10:16 AM
cool thanks.