PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever hear of Roosevelt Gainey??

TenTigers
06-23-2010, 12:00 AM
my friend, who takes tai-chi says he's the bee's knees. But then again, he always says that about anyone-one of those people that gets amazed. You know the type.
I heard he does the whole fa-jing thing, people hurtling through the air, etc. and has the same story of only being able to do it to his own students as outsiders would get internal damage, yadda-yadda, so of course, I'm a bit skeptical.
I saw a vid of him coaching Novell Bell and he seemed to make some good adjustments that Novell seemed to find alot of value in-power generation, structure, etc.
Who exactly is he and where is he from as far as lineage is concerned?
There's not alot of info on him.

dimethylsea
06-23-2010, 09:40 AM
It will be extremely difficult to get lineage/origin information on Gainey. Even his longtime grand-students seem to have difficulty getting specifics on it.

I will point my buddy who does Gainey/Burch's bagua at this thread.. possibly he may want to comment.

mickey
06-27-2010, 10:33 AM
TenTigers,

I guess you are going through a low energy cycle. It must be all of those kicks.

Here is some info:

http://www.bodyenergetics.tv/bio.html

I have never met the man. I was shocked that he would share those mental aspects in the video you saw. He dropped the knowledge like it was nothing.

mickey

taai gihk yahn
06-27-2010, 10:48 AM
T He dropped the knowledge like it was nothing.
yeah, I would say that you are on to something there...:rolleyes:

TenTigers
07-03-2010, 06:38 PM
TenTigers,

I guess you are going through a low energy cycle. It must be all of those kicks.

Here is some info:

http://www.bodyenergetics.tv/bio.html

I have never met the man. I was shocked that he would share those mental aspects in the video you saw. He dropped the knowledge like it was nothing.

mickey
I was looking for personal experience, rather than seeing all the "credentials."

looks2ce
06-30-2011, 08:08 PM
His **** is correct. He corrected a specific to my posture while I was in motion the one time I visited his class. I am the grandstudent Dimethylsea mentioned.

As for the fajing no touch thing, well his student (my teacher) has done some things to me that I cannot explain. Saying that - feeling that - I can say that these things have been grounded in reality. Language is imprecise, I would sound crazy if I tried to explain them. However, they were physucal and they were recreatable.

My suggestion, visit and ask and only then judge.