PDA

View Full Version : junior sanshou rules

jungle-mania
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know when the no successive punches to the head rule and no kicks to the head rule was implemented in the junior sanshou rules? I just found out IWUF has amended the rules the hard way.

lkfmdc
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
While I haven't been really connected to the IWUF in a long time, I was never aware there were "junior " rules

The no continuous punches to head was standard in ALL san shou until recently (because they finally realized it was a ***** rule and made them look like ***s) :D

No kicks to the head? GTFOH

pazman
06-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Didn't know there were "junior rules".

Got any links to info?

B.Tunks
06-24-2010, 05:13 PM
They are trying to use this rule set here too:

• For youth sanda events, it is not allowed to hit the head by leg, or hit the head by fist successively.
• The competition time of each round for youth sanda events shall be 1 minute
30 seconds.

This is meant to be taken from/based on "Rules for International Wushu Sanshou Competition” endorsed by IWUF in 2005, but I can't see it in the 05 rules:

http://www.iwuf.org/rule1.asp

jungle-mania
07-27-2010, 01:54 AM
So any advice how I go about coaching my student? I am scratching my head at this new rules, I can only think of getting a sports karateka to train with him, but with full contact.

jungle-mania
07-27-2010, 02:09 AM
http://www.iwuf.org/regu_end.asp?id=530

Under heading 6, competitive method. It says:"The competition will be conducted in accordance with the newest edition of the “Rules for International Sanda Competition” endorsed by the IWUF. It is not allowed to hit the head by leg, or hit the head by fist successively. The competition time of each round shall be 1 minute 30 seconds."

Dave, if you are reading this, please advice. I am going nuts figuring training for it.

jungle-mania
07-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Anyone can advice?

lkfmdc
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
looks like another IWUF sponsored cluster-fcuk