PDA

View Full Version : Percocet

Drake
06-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Is one hell of a drug.

Spent most of yesterday "trippin' balls" and maybe even hallucinated a gigantor spider in my bathroom. All over dental surgery yesterday morning.

Narcotics are effin' scary. Wish I was prescribed something less... trippy... to use as pain relief. On quarters for three days, light duty for a week or so.

sanjuro_ronin
06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Pain killers?
You pu-SS-Y !!!

Drake
06-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Pain killers?
You pu-SS-Y !!!

Yeah, I know. Real men drill the holes in the jawbone themselves, with hand drills!

You are SUCH a typical (ex) sniper. :D

TenTigers
06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
percs are da bomb-literally.
I remember when I had oral surgery, and the novacaine hadn't worn off and the percs had kicked in. I was melting in my dad's recliner and the phone rang and when I grabbed the receiver, the phone cord (remember phone cords?) pulled this huge brass desk lamp off the desk and smashed me in the face.
I felt nothing. I just did a kind of Beavis and Bu#head "uh-huh-huh-huh..cool."

they do the job, just don't operate any heavy machinery,
such as forklifts, steel presses, or desk lamps!

sanjuro_ronin
06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I know. Real men drill the holes in the jawbone themselves, with hand drills!

You are SUCH a typical (ex) sniper. :D

this:
http://blog.simslearningconnections.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/old-hand-drill-small.jpg

Drake
06-25-2010, 12:34 PM
this:
http://blog.simslearningconnections.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/old-hand-drill-small.jpg

*shudder* ...

sanjuro_ronin
06-25-2010, 12:42 PM
The rust is what keeps the infection from spreading.
:D

Drake
06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
The rust is what keeps the infection from spreading.
:D

And the ensuing lockjaw will keep me from eating foods that could damage my sutures....

sanjuro_ronin
06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
And the ensuing lockjaw will keep me from eating foods that could damage my sutures....

And get you ripped with shredded abs !!
Win-Win baby !!

Drake
06-26-2010, 11:14 AM
I now have metal permanently attached in my jawbone. Yay.

taai gihk yahn
06-26-2010, 12:02 PM
percocet is some strong shiite, if u can handle it, as a lot of people have all sorts of accompanying GI sx's - nausea, vomitting, etc.; but if u REALY want to turn off the hurt, dilaudid is the way to go, although some docs may not want to give it on the first go (after I had my microdiscectomy, I asked for it instead of perc and they were like sorry, NFW; but the prec was fine, no upchucking, and I weaned myself off of it in 3 days by basically staying on my feet and walking as much as possible - amazing what gentle movement can do for pain relief, lol);

taai gihk yahn
06-26-2010, 12:03 PM
the phone cord (remember phone cords?)!
what is this "phone cord" of which u speak? is it something you wear around your waist to hang ur cell from?

Drake
06-26-2010, 03:32 PM
percocet is some strong shiite, if u can handle it, as a lot of people have all sorts of accompanying GI sx's - nausea, vomitting, etc.; but if u REALY want to turn off the hurt, dilaudid is the way to go, although some docs may not want to give it on the first go (after I had my microdiscectomy, I asked for it instead of perc and they were like sorry, NFW; but the prec was fine, no upchucking, and I weaned myself off of it in 3 days by basically staying on my feet and walking as much as possible - amazing what gentle movement can do for pain relief, lol);

I was just trippin' balls for most of the day. Why people voluntarily do this to themselves is beyond me. Me no likey...

Dragonzbane76
06-27-2010, 06:36 AM
http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2009/07/22/fislm2w31n.jpg

IronWeasel
06-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Is one hell of a drug.

Spent most of yesterday "trippin' balls" and maybe even hallucinated a gigantor spider in my bathroom. All over dental surgery yesterday morning.

Narcotics are effin' scary. Wish I was prescribed something less... trippy... to use as pain relief. On quarters for three days, light duty for a week or so.

Don't give up!

Once you push past the hallucinations, it gets Soooo good!

Scott R. Brown
06-27-2010, 08:25 AM
I've been a nurse for almost 30 years! There is a very simple solution to your problem, ask your doctor for something else!!!

Not everyone reacts the same way to the same medications. Demerol and Morphine do nothing for me. I need Tylenol #3 which is about the weakest one out there now. My brother needs high doses of Morphine for any pain relief. My head swims on Vicodin, so I avoid it! I could fly a fighter jet on Tylenol #3, but it kills just about any kind of pain for me.

You can try Norco, Vicodin, Tylenol #3, even higher than over the counter doses of motrin or naprosyn. They do work for severe pain for some people!

Of course you could also hit yourself with a hammer. A greater pain often helps you forget the lesser pain!:D

Drake
06-27-2010, 04:25 PM
I was heavily sedated and led out in a wheelchair with a bag of goodies... I could barely climb into the passenger seat of my car, much less dispute the contents of the brown bag left in my lap...

Scott R. Brown
06-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I was heavily sedated and led out in a wheelchair with a bag of goodies... I could barely climb into the passenger seat of my car, much less dispute the contents of the brown bag left in my lap...

LOL!!! I don't mean at that time, but now! You should be able to call your Doctor at any time and have him give you a different prescription. I am of course assuming you went home with a prescription for more or your own bottle or package of Percocet. If it was only given to you while in the hospital then just be sure to mention to them next time you do not want to be given Percocet.:)