PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Stones

hskwarrior
06-28-2010, 07:28 PM
anyone ever have them? and what did you do to deal with the pain?

i've come to discover that jumping in a hot bath tub and soaking delivers instant relief.

David Jamieson
06-29-2010, 04:50 AM
A doctor can bust em up with sonic vibration.
If you stop drinking pop and start drinking more water and maybe change some of the things in your diet, you can help to ease if not correct the situation

hskwarrior
06-29-2010, 07:01 AM
i also heard a glass of cranberry juice a day will keep the stones away hahaha

David Jamieson
06-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Could be. some fruit juices have the right stuff.

They hurt more when they move from the kidney into the bladder.
They only hurt when you pass them if they are large.

guys that are hitting middle age need to have a lot of stuff looked at.
Diet, training, everything has to be altered somewhat to fit with ones aging self.

Dragonzbane76
06-29-2010, 07:29 AM
heard passing a stone is the male equivilant to birth.

1bad65
06-29-2010, 08:39 AM
i also heard a glass of cranberry juice a day will keep the stones away hahaha

Not sure if they keep kidney stones away, but it is good for your kidneys. I myself love the stuff.

1bad65
06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
heard passing a stone is the male equivilant to birth.

I knew a guy who passed one. He told me if I ever even think I have one to go to the doctor immediately, as they can often remedy it without you having to pass it. He said (in a joking manner) while passing it, he did consider shooting himself in the head.

hskwarrior
06-29-2010, 09:01 AM
My doctor told me that two of the most major pains a man can feel is Bone Cancer and Kidney Stones. i really wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies.

However, one immediate remedy from the pain is to take a HOT bath. i mean IMMEDIATE relief. in fact, its the only place i could sleep....spent much time in the tub.

dcrjradmonish
06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
anyone ever have them? and what did you do to deal with the pain?

i've come to discover that jumping in a hot bath tub and soaking delivers instant relief.

Yes sir I have. Mine was the size of a dime. My pain would come and go I had to end up going to the doctor to get surgery to shock them to pieces. The bad news was the doctor said once you had them your prone to get them again. It’s been 3 years I haven’t had any come back yet. The drinking water and cranberry juice was also recommended to me the funny thing was I craved orange juice when I had them. Mine turned out to be calcium I believe there are a few other types. Any way hope you can pass on your own and not have to have surgery they wanted to go up my daddy part to get it but I insisted on the shocking first.

David Jamieson
06-29-2010, 05:41 PM
lol @ "daddy part" :p

hskwarrior
06-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Oh happy dayyyyyyyyyyy!

They passed, they passed!!!! My girl is mad now cause she said i snored so loud she couldn't sleep hahahaa.....first night pain free since last friday. Oh happy day!!!!!!!

Lmao! Omg lord, never let that happen again!

DRAGONSIHING
06-30-2010, 10:31 AM
I had one and the first problems came on while I was in Dentist's chair. Wanted to go, but when you try you can't. Nurse said she had had both a kidney stone and a baby and her preference if she had to do either again was a baby. Dr. put me on pain pills and try to see if it would pass. No such luck as it had turned sideways and was unable to get into tubing. Finally had to do a roto-rooter job and it broke apart as the Dr. hit with the basket. Think a tiny parts grabber on a flexible rod up your "daddy part". Dr. says knock you out time. Only was for a few minutes however. Thing was shaped like an arrowhead. Came from being partially dehydrated several times. Drink lots of water, etc. My Dr. said even beer was OK to keep them from happening again. Haven't had one since and that's nearly twenty years ago. I know the feeling of relief. Cranberry juice is good for urinary tack infections. Not just a home remedy, as have had Docs tell my daughter to drink it reguarly as she is prone to them.

hskwarrior
06-30-2010, 11:46 AM
WOW, thank you everyone for your input. because of my spinal injury, i will always be in some type of pain. but, kidney stones are something i can really do without.

but i swear, something about a hot water bottle, or a hot bath really relieves the pain instantly. only problem is, no tv in the bathroom hahahaha.

yeah, doc called me the other day to tell me that on top of my KS, i had a UTI as well. LOL.....im so lucky.

Dragonzbane76
06-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Came from being partially dehydrated several times.

did not know that... thanks for the heads up...