PDA

View Full Version : Wong Hon Fun Books

RochSevenStarMantis
08-22-2000, 02:47 AM
Does anyone out there have a complete list of all Wong Hon Fun's books? I just got a hold of 14 of them, the back of one of the books shows 16, I was told that there was 35 or 38? If possible, please give the titles.
RochSevenStarMantis

Taijimantis
08-22-2000, 03:15 AM
Please tell me where you got the ones you have now!

Xie Xie ni

Namaste

LawClansman
08-22-2000, 06:00 AM
Rochsevenstarmantis,
]
in the back of the Chop Choy book there is the kuen po of many sets. There was at one time a book for each of these sets. But most of them are unobtainable at present. Especially the weapons sets, (Ying Ching Dahn Dao, Ji Ng Gim, Luk Hop Seung Dao etc.) But the Fu Mei Saam Jeet Gwon is still floating around out there and I come across it once and awhile.

Taiji mantis,

A number of the Wong Hon Fun books are still available in Chinatown (NY and SF)).

------------------
Sifu Carl

RochSevenStarMantis
08-22-2000, 06:40 AM
Sifu Carl,
I started getting some books, to compare forms with Lee Kam Wings. I thought it would be nice to complete the set, if I am close.
Bung Bo
Ling Bung Bo
Yai lo yare Kuen
Yet Lo Yare Yue Kuen
Sam Lo Yare Yue Kuen
Pak Yuen Choi Dung Kuen
Pak Yuen Tow Toe Kuen
Ma Dao (Military Double handled Knife-not to familiar with this set)
Fu Mei Sam Jeet Kuen
Mui Fa Lo Kuen
Juey Lo Han Kuen
Lo Hon Chi Gung

You mentioned that Chop Choy is out there on a different post, any others you can let me know would be great. I will be in China Town NYC next month, if you know of any others that may be available. I hope that we will be able to make a trip to your school.
RochSevenStarMantis

LawClansman
08-23-2000, 05:57 AM
There are books in Chinatown. Sifu Raul should know the book store across from the Gum Fong. If you can, please feel free to visit me when you come down from Rochester. If not, I'll try to obtain the books for you.

Bung Bo, Sup Baat Sao/Daw Gong, Chop Choy and Kuen Po, Bok Yuen Chut Dong, Bok Yeun Tao Tow, Muy Fa Sao, Moy Fa Lok, Muy Fa Kuen, Yat Lo Jak Yiu Kuen, Yee Lo Jak Yiu Kuen, Saam Lo Jak Yiu Kuen, Sei Lo Bun Da Kuen, Ling Bung Bo, Fei Ngan Jeung, Joy Lohan Kuen, Fu Mei Saam Jeet Gwon, Sup Baat Lohan Gung, Miu Dao (two handed saber) are the ones still in cirrculation. When and where you come across them is a matter of luck but they are around.

------------------
Sifu Carl

Young Mantis
08-23-2000, 08:19 PM
WHF did write many volumes of work but unfortunately many are now out of print. In fact some of his works were never even made publicly available.

Of the ones that were published and printed by Yih Mei, most commonly found are these 16 although some more easily found than others:
(As numbered on each book)

1. Sei Lo Bun Da (4 Directional Chase & Attack)
2. Daw Gong, Sup Baht Sao (Avoiding Rigid, 18 Ancestors)
3. Chap Choy, Kuen Po (Stabbing Fist, Forms list)
4. Lo Hon Gung (Chi gung form)
5. Bahk Yuen Chut Dong (White Ape Exits the Cave)
6. Bahk Yuen Tao Tow (White Ape Steals the Peach
7. Mui Fah Kuen (Plum Flower Fist)
8. Mui Fah Lok (Descending Plum Flowers)
9. Mui Fah Sao (Plum Flower Hand)
10. Yut Lo Zhaat Yiu (Essential #1)
11. Yi Lo Zhaat Yiu (Essential #2)
12. Sahm Lo Zhaat Yiu (Essential #3)
13. Jui Lo Hon (Drunken Monk)
14. Bung Bo (Crushing Steps)
15. Ling Bung Bo (Crushing Steps partner form)
16. Fei Ngaan Jerng (Flying Geese Palm)

If you want the Chinese characters for each of these titles, go to www.northernmantis.com (http://www.northernmantis.com) and look under the forms listing.

I have seen copies of most if not all of these floating around throughout the many bookstores in NYC Chinatown. I have seen more copies of Yin Ching Dahn Do than any other of the weapons forms books.

Good luck with your search.

Young Mantis
08-23-2000, 08:20 PM
WHF did write many volumes of work but unfortunately many are now out of print. In fact some of his works were never even made publicly available.

Of the ones that were published and printed by Yih Mei, most commonly found are these 16 although some more easily found than others:
(As numbered on each book)

1. Sei Lo Bun Da (4 Directional Chase & Attack)
2. Daw Gong, Sup Baht Sao (Avoiding Rigid, 18 Ancestors)
3. Chap Choy, Kuen Po (Stabbing Fist, Forms list)
4. Lo Hon Gung (Chi gung form)
5. Bahk Yuen Chut Dong (White Ape Exits the Cave)
6. Bahk Yuen Tao Tow (White Ape Steals the Peach
7. Mui Fah Kuen (Plum Flower Fist)
8. Mui Fah Lok (Descending Plum Flowers)
9. Mui Fah Sao (Plum Flower Hand)
10. Yut Lo Zhaat Yiu (Essential #1)
11. Yi Lo Zhaat Yiu (Essential #2)
12. Sahm Lo Zhaat Yiu (Essential #3)
13. Jui Lo Hon (Drunken Monk)
14. Bung Bo (Crushing Steps)
15. Ling Bung Bo (Crushing Steps partner form)
16. Fei Ngaan Jerng (Flying Geese Palm)

If you want the Chinese characters for each of these titles, go to www.northernmantis.com (http://www.northernmantis.com) and look under the forms listing.

I have seen copies of most if not all of these floating around throughout the many bookstores in NYC Chinatown. I have seen more copies of Yin Ching Dahn Do than any other of the weapons forms books although it is a rarity to see any at all.

Good luck with your search.

HKMantis
08-23-2000, 09:54 PM
Young Mantis,

Could you E-mail me at hkmantis@mail.com You might be able to help me with questions about the WHF books.

Thanks,
HK

Ericsepishii
09-30-2000, 03:17 AM
Young Mantis,

I don't know if you were able to complete
your collection of WHF Books, if not
please contact me off line @
EricSep@prodigy.net
I might be able to assist you.