PDA

View Full Version : RZA's Wu-Tang Vs The Golden Phoenix

GeneChing
06-29-2010, 09:31 AM
RZA's Wu-Tang Vs The Golden Phoenix Official Movie Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d62oRG-ca0)

RZA's Wu-Tang Vs The Golden ¨Phoenix Movie Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7HF4EK6rAI)

I love the vintage feel of these, right down to the scratches on the film. :cool:

WU-TANG! WU-TANG! RZA releases trailer for THE GOLDEN PHOENIX (http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2010/06/28/WUTANG-WUTANG-RZA-releases-trailer-for-THE-GOLDEN-PHOENIX)
Posted on Monday, June 28th, 2010 19:00:51 GMT by: Jezizup
Posted under: movie trailer news action kungfu

Calling all Wu-Tang fans! RZA has finally released a trailer for his kung fu flick Wu Tang vs. The Golden Phoenix. The film, which RZA calls “my homage to the 70’s” has no set theatrical or home video release date. Although the film has been in the making for the past ten years, the trailer was just released to commemorate RZA’s twentieth year in the music industry.

The hip hop icon says he made Golden Phoenix to prove to himself and Hollywood that he could be taken seriously as a director. He had some help from Eli Roth, who is billed as an executive producer for the film. The film also features several kung fu legends like Robert Tai, fight choreographer from the 1978 classic The Five Deadly Venoms. Golden Phoenix was made in the style of 1970’s “Kung Fu Theater” – grainy shots, crazy sound effects and lots of dubbing. RZA is well known for his kung fu obsession; just listen to any Wu-Tang album. Now he’s taken that vast knowledge of the genre to create “a world where everyone fights…and they’re all fighting for one thing – the Wu Tang weapon.”

As we previously reported, RZA is currently teaming with Eli Roth yet again to produce The Man With The Iron Fists, in which RZA will play a blacksmith/kung fu badass in feudal China. Unlike Golden Phoenix, Iron Fists is said to be modern and stylized like Tarantino’s Kill Bill saga. RZA has said that he definitely will release Wu Tang vs. The Golden Phoenix, but he hasn’t decided if the release date will be set for before or after The Man With The Iron Fists. Universal has picked up the screenplay for Iron Fists and given RZA a budget of less than $20 million to make the film. Filming is slated to begin in Hong Kong this September.

Trailers after the break. Thanks to the Avery Mining Corp for the heads up.

doug maverick
06-29-2010, 08:38 PM
two of my friends are in their, kenny wong and roberto lopez...

JamesC
07-02-2010, 12:55 PM
The more I see and hear about RZA, the more i'm impressed. He really seems to care about the overall state of kung fu and how the community will react.

He has the potential to mainstream kung fu without messing up where so many others have in the past.

As a side note, i'm hoping that his close relationship with people such as Tarantino and John Woo will allow him to grab real talent for the roles in his movies. Gordon Liu, anyone?

doug maverick
07-02-2010, 02:35 PM
as long as he leaves a certain "monk" out of his projects he'll be fine.;)

blackjesus
07-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Gold!
I guess it has a b-movie chic with the small budget production.

JamesC
07-03-2010, 12:10 PM
as long as he leaves a certain "monk" out of his projects he'll be fine.;)

Hah! Well said.

shaolin_allan
07-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Is Rza a student of Shi Yan Ming? Is that the monk you mentioned should be left out? lol

GeneChing
07-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Watch the second trailer again (the first one has been removed). That's Yanming. He's even credited.

JamesC
07-07-2010, 07:57 AM
I believe he was referencing the bulletproof monk...