PDA

View Full Version : "Traditional Sun Style Taijiquan" Book

Three Harmonies
06-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Preview of the upcoming text by Tim Cartmell on Sun Taiji, (http://threeharmonies.blogspot.com/2010/06/traditional-sun-style-taijiquan-book.html) for those interested.

Cheers
Jake

sanjuro_ronin
06-30-2010, 12:17 PM
What's the big deal about Sun style taiji ??
:D

taai gihk yahn
06-30-2010, 01:53 PM
What's the big deal about Sun style taiji ??
:D

Sun Lu Tang invented it; everything Sun Lu Tang did is totally awsomezors, especially clearing up that whole confusing internal vs. external mess...

Three Harmonies
06-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Actually you can thank Sun for the "internal - external" verbage! One of only things I can find wrong with what he left.

No different than any other art, just not very well represented nor taught, especially in the west.

Cheers
JAB

taai gihk yahn
06-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Actually you can thank Sun for the "internal - external" verbage! One of only things I can find wrong with what he left.
I guess my sarcasm got lost somewhere along the way - next time I'll b sure to include a ":rolleyes:"
I think this was a detrimental thing he did - maybe it was done with the best of intentions, but ultimately it legitimized a sort of "internal elitism" that persists to this day, and results in things like push-hands rules that are just absurd;

Scott R. Brown
06-30-2010, 05:37 PM
I guess my sarcasm got lost somewhere along the way - next time I'll b sure to include a ":rolleyes:"
I think this was a detrimental thing he did - maybe it was done with the best of intentions, but ultimately it legitimized a sort of "internal elitism" that persists to this day, and results in things like push-hands rules that are just absurd;

You are just jealous because you can't do magic!:p

taai gihk yahn
06-30-2010, 05:48 PM
You are just jealous because you can't do magic!:p

I made YOU appear out of nowhere...:D

Scott R. Brown
06-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I made YOU appear out of nowhere...:D

Maybe so, but you can't make me disappear again....can you???:p

taai gihk yahn
07-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Maybe so, but you can't make me disappear again....can you???:p

look, I'm working on it...:mad:<mutters obscenity under breath>

Scott R. Brown
07-01-2010, 07:53 AM
look, I'm working on it...:mad:<mutters obscenity under breath>

Are you saying you caused my car accident a year ago last February? :eek:

If so, your mojo needs a lot more work in order to overcome mine:cool:

:p.... I rolled 4 times and walked away without a scratch....:p

<sadly shaking head>......and after all those times I could've pulled the trigger and didn't!!!!:(

Not to mention the monkey poo I kept off your front door!:mad:

taai gihk yahn
07-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Are you saying you caused my car accident a year ago last February? :eek:
If so, your mojo needs a lot more work in order to overcome mine:cool:
:p.... I rolled 4 times and walked away without a scratch....:p
no, it was the damdest luck though - not 50 yards down the road I had landmines, a giant buzzsaw on a cable and three remote-controlled ninja-operated assassin-marmosets waiting - if you HADN'T been such a putz and rolled yourself over, you'd have really been in for it, bub...

<sadly shaking head>......and after all those times I could've pulled the trigger and didn't!!!!:(
you keep saying that, but you KNOW why you can't do it...

Not to mention the monkey poo I kept off your front door!:mad:
now I feel bad calling UPS and yelling at them about why the monkey poo we ordered never arrived...:o

Scott R. Brown
07-01-2010, 08:10 AM
no, it was the damdest luck though - not 50 yards down the road I had landmines, a giant buzzsaw on a cable and three remote-controlled ninja-operated assassin-marmosets waiting - if you HADN'T been such a putz and rolled yourself over, you'd have really been in for it, bub...

Yeah....you say that now, AFTER my mojo got me into a harmless car wreck ruining your plans!!!!!:p You never should have cut off all your hair!:p:p:p

you keep saying that, but you KNOW why you can't do it...

I can't be stopped.....I'm on a mission for God!!!!

I'm......uhh........just waiting for my next assignment......yeah.......that's it...

.....once I finish this one I gots nothin else to do with all my free time!!!:D:(

now I feel bad calling UPS and yelling at them about why the monkey poo we ordered never arrived...:o

So THAT"S where it all came from!:eek:

.......now I fee bad scolding Boots and making him clean it all up!!! I naturally just thought it was all his doing!:o

Three Harmonies
07-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Take your gay ass internet flirting elsewhere please guys!
Thanks
JAB

Scott R. Brown
07-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Take your gay ass internet flirting elsewhere please guys!
Thanks
JAB

You appear to be the one with the gay fantasies:eek:...no one else is preoccupied that sort of thing here!:p

Three Harmonies
07-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Yah! Whatever you call it, take it to another thread please.

Scott R. Brown
07-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Yah! Whatever you call it, take it to another thread please.

I understand....I apologize for participating in the hijacking of your thread.:)

I suppose you could have just said that in the first place rather than projecting your h0m0sexual fantasies onto others!

Enjoy the vibrant discussion taking place here!;)

taai gihk yahn
07-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Enjoy the vibrant discussion taking place here!;)
um, other than a brief foray into the foibles of Sun Lu Tang and our allegedly "hom0" banter, what discussion would that be?

Scott R. Brown
07-02-2010, 08:10 AM
um, other than a brief foray into the foibles of Sun Lu Tang and our allegedly "hom0" banter, what discussion would that be?

Exactly! Now please take it somewhere else so the thundering silence may continue uninterrupted!:mad:

taai gihk yahn
07-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Exactly! Now please take it somewhere else so the thundering silence may continue uninterrupted!:mad:

sorry, couldn't hear you over the clamoring din on this thread, and I say this in the most un-gay way possible...

Scott R. Brown
07-02-2010, 03:54 PM
sorry, couldn't hear you over the clamoring din on this thread, and I say this in the most un-gay way possible...

The only gay think about this thread is some guy calling himself "Harmonies"....

...who isn't very harmonious BTW!:rolleyes: