PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone !! Happy to be here !!!!

Thrullas
08-22-2000, 10:43 PM
I would like to say hello !! It is great to see so many brothers and sisters able to talk about there beliefs and trainings. I have just recently started at the Wah Lum Temple. Im also very new to the Orlando area. So I really havent met anyone. If anyone else is from the temple please let me know. I have been in the martial arts now over 20 years. I've trained in 5 animal style kung fu, tae kwon do, ju jitsu, ali kai, but kung fu is my favorite of course. I hope to meet and talk to everyone....

Thrullas

Hua Lin Laoshi
08-23-2000, 02:34 AM
Looks like you answered my question posted in the Wah Lum thread. Sorry about the reception by other students. It does tend to get a little 'cliqish' there. Probable because there are so many students they tend to hang in smaller groups. You'll find a place for yourself there, probably at the higher level since you have quite a bit of experience. I think the lower level students might be intimidated by your background.

Thrullas
08-23-2000, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hua Lin Laoshi:
Looks like you answered my question posted in the Wah Lum thread. Sorry about the reception by other students. It does tend to get a little 'cliqish' there. Probable because there are so many students they tend to hang in smaller groups. You'll find a place for yourself there, probably at the higher level since you have quite a bit of experience. I think the lower level students might be intimidated by your background.[/quote]

Thank you Hua Lin Laoshi,
Actually I am a little older than some of the students. I look forward to making friends, but being serious on the training. I am a little out of shape compared to where i trained last time it has been about 6 years - but I have noticed that im slowly getting back into things. I appreciate it again thank you brother.

LittleFlower
08-24-2000, 01:33 AM
Thrullas: Welcome to Orlando and the Temple! I have been there a couple years and just love it. I know how you feel; I have only recently gotten to the point of talking to people. It's just the same as being in an elevator and wanting to start conversation, but not knowing how. Or maybe that's just me. I think most people there are quite friendly, actually. Anyway, probably the only day you'll see me is Saturday, because I seldom attend the 6:30 classes during the week. Otherwise, come say "hi"... I'm petite, long curly dark brown hair, probably in a braid, always wear a tank top.

[This message has been edited by LittleFlower (edited 08-24-2000).]

Thrullas
08-24-2000, 01:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LittleFlower:
Thrullas: Welcome to Orlando and the Temple! I have been there a couple years and just love it. I know how you feel; I just got to the point of talking to people. It's just the same as being in an elevator and wanting to start conversation, but not knowing how. Or maybe that's just me. I think think most people there are quite friendly, actually. Anyway, probably the only day you'll see me is Saturday, because I seldom attend the 6:30 classes during the week. Otherwise, come say "hi"... I'm petite, long curly dark brown hair, probably in a braid, always wear a tank top.[/quote]

Thank you LittleFlower - I work out 3 days a week - Mon.,Wed.,Fri. I really appreciate it ! Im 30, with dark hair, and normally at the back of the temple when starting and finishing. You will always see me there on those nights at 6:30 - I look forward to maybe one day meeting with you and talking. Actually If you have been there on those nights, lately with in the last 3 weeks I believe I have seen you. MAYBE????? Thank you for the welcome.

Thrullas