PDA

View Full Version : This evenings kung fu

David Jamieson
06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
will consist of:

`warm up (cal +cardio +light stretch) approx 10-15 mins

`plyo 20 mins (tonight is a plyo night for me - this could be resistance training with a cut in time to the bag work because i don't do resistance and bag work together. just sayin)

`set work 20 mins (yep, so what, what do you care? why are you even reading this? sometimes Kung fu practice is nothing but set work. so what, who cares?)

`drills 20 mins

`bag work / mitt / Pad work (we go both because we have three) 45 mins (holding the mitts or pads isn't doing most of the work so it's half a break really lol)

`standing or seated meditation 5-10 minutes

Criticize.
:)

Dale Dugas
06-30-2010, 04:22 PM
The only thing I would say change is cut down on the set time, as you have been doing them for a while, and do more standing and sitting.

My teacher says if you only have time to do one thing, sitting will help you more than anything else. quieting the mind and learning to control the body are more important than sets.

buts thats me a big bald bagua guy.

Yum Cha
06-30-2010, 05:20 PM
will consist of:

`plyo 20 mins (tonight is a plyo night for me - this could be resistance training with a cut in time to the bag work because i don't do resistance and bag work together. just sayin)

`set work 20 mins (yep, so what, what do you care? why are you even reading this? sometimes Kung fu practice is nothing but set work. so what, who cares?)

`drills 20 mins

`bag work / mitt / Pad work (we go both because we have three) 45 mins (holding the mitts or pads isn't doing most of the work so it's half a break really lol)

Criticize.

Way too much work for an old man. AND DON'T HAVE SEX!

taai gihk yahn
06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
you left out the reading of pron and eating of pork rinds...

hskwarrior
06-30-2010, 05:52 PM
you left out the reading of pron and eating of pork rinds...

while getting the pork rind crumbs making a nest of your chest hair and wife beater tank top. NICE :p

bawang
06-30-2010, 07:20 PM
hy dis my sdchedle

5 am: wake up
prayer to guang yu and vow to avenge the boxer rebels
hit tree for 20 min then rub mayonaise on my hands (i have no jow)
shed single tear

afternoon: play computer game battlefield: bad company 2

evening: eat kfc
go on internet forum telling people im badass

hskwarrior
06-30-2010, 07:32 PM

BROTHER....what is your plan to fight these rebels. i have a whole squad at the ready to launch some rebel mayhem :eek:

Dragonzbane76
07-01-2010, 03:42 AM
hy dis my sdchedle

5 am: wake up
hit tree for 20 min then rub mayonaise on my hands (i have no jow)
shed single tear

afternoon: play computer game battlefield: bad company 2

evening: eat kfc
go on internet forum telling people im badass

haha you are a god amoung insects.......

Iron_Eagle_76
07-01-2010, 05:20 AM
will consist of:

`drills 20 mins

Criticize.

Good set. The only thing I would add personally is maybe 10 minutes for stance training and 10 minutes, (or three three minute rounds) of shadow boxing or line basics, which ever you prefer, as warm up for mitt and bag work, but all in all, sounds like a great class. I also rub jow on my genitals like Bawang, but that's another story.;)

GeneChing
07-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Did you have a good kung fu workout?

Today is DAY 11 of a 12-day work week for me as I was in TX last weekend (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56851), so my kung fu workout last night sucked. I felt physically strong but my mind was unfocused. At least I broke a good sweat. It went like so: 15 min baduanjin, 10 min meihuadao, 15 min warm-ups, 5-10 min jogging, 5-10 min barre work, 20 min jibengong, 30 min taizu changquan, qixingquan, shisanqiang, 10 min medicine ball circuit. I messed up on a spear move that I just learned and wound up dropping it. It was cause for applause amongst my classmates. :o

Tomorrow I'm going to S.F. for the ICMAC (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57613). I'm really looking forward to the holiday weekend.

SevenStar
07-01-2010, 11:06 AM
criticism:

everything has text in parentheses following it except for drills...

David Jamieson
07-01-2010, 11:15 AM
criticism:

everything has text in parentheses following it except for drills...

I refuse to have textual relations in regards to my drills with strangers on the internet. Suffice it to say it is a mix of extrapolations from learned materials. :D

KC Elbows
07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I know a guy who caught a textually transmitted disease.