PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Chi Demonstration!!!

Faruq
07-04-2010, 04:01 PM
What do you guys think of this? This guy is incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Qvo_BUmNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egflLAo_LGg

Drake
07-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Word of advice for those playing along. Don't bend your knees prior to being "thrown". It ruins the act.

Also, when "pushed" away, be sure to move in a direction according to the stagemaster's direction. Don't improvise, as it destroys the suspension of belief.

Didn't I see a very similar hack video posted here a while back?

Scott R. Brown
07-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Yes, this has been posted here before!

And what is the practical application of this please?

I can push someone into a wall without having to let them touch me first....but then that is the advanced technique. I have been pushing people for almost 50 years now!:eek:

YouKnowWho
07-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Sometime I wish people can just

- speak in plain English in a musical movie instead of always sing.
- throw a simple punch to the head instead of always push.

Yao Sing
07-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I have been pushing people for almost 50 years now!:eek:

Wow, I never thought of you as a pusher. So is that what Steppenwolf was singing about?

taai gihk yahn
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM
What do you guys think of this?
I think that people in Illinois / Indiana / wherever have gotten tired of tipping cows and have moved on to another sort of stupidity...

This guy is incredible!
as in "I-can't-believe-he-gets-away-with-this-hokum", well, sure, yeah, incredible...

Scott R. Brown
07-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow, I never thought of you as a pusher. So is that what Steppenwolf was singing about?

I think Steven Wolf is that guy who got in trouble for stalking Red Ridinghood!

Yao Sing
07-04-2010, 06:58 PM
I think Steven Wolf is that guy who got in trouble for stalking Red Ridinghood!

You must be thinking of Seven Wood, the golf pro caught chasing skirts until he played 9 holes in Scotland. :eek:

Faruq
07-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I think that people in Illinois / Indiana / wherever have gotten tired of tipping cows and have moved on to another sort of stupidity...

as in "I-can't-believe-he-gets-away-with-this-hokum", well, sure, yeah, incredible...

Just because he's a local guy doesn't mean he tips cows too. Maybe you should visit his school and ask him to demonstrate on you so that you too might know firsthand the invincible airbending power of a true chi master!

Lee Chiang Po
07-04-2010, 08:55 PM
What do you guys think of this? This guy is incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Qvo_BUmNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egflLAo_LGg

You really need to think about this. Chi is the energy field inside your body and it cannot be projected. Pushing or shoving is good if you don't want to strike someone, and to do it effectively you need solid footing and a few other skills.

taai gihk yahn
07-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Just because he's a local guy doesn't mean he tips cows too. Maybe you should visit his school and ask him to demonstrate on you so that you too might know firsthand the invincible airbending power of a true chi master!

should I bring my own cow, or do you think he has one already?

bawang
07-04-2010, 09:52 PM
my penus over 3 cm long

taai gihk yahn
07-04-2010, 10:01 PM
my penus over 3 cm long

can u use it to tip a cow?

Scott R. Brown
07-05-2010, 12:51 AM
You must be thinking of Seven Wood, the golf pro caught chasing skirts until he played 9 holes in Scotland. :eek:

Wooden you know I wood get those two mixed up!

Yeah! "Hi, I would very much appreciate receiving a demonstration in pushing someone up against a wall please!"

can u use it to tip a cow?

I think he used it on the cow and now he keeps his offspring in a labyrinth on Crete because, who wouldn't be embarrassed by a Minotaur with a little d!ck!!

Faruq
07-05-2010, 07:47 AM
You really need to think about this. Chi is the energy field inside your body and it cannot be projected. Pushing or shoving is good if you don't want to strike someone, and to do it effectively you need solid footing and a few other skills.

Interesting that you say that. I did visit his school and tell him I had seen this video clip before asking to feel this "chi" demonstration, and although he didn't allow me to feel this demonstration, he was kind enough to perform about 7 or 8 other techniques on me that had not asked about and didn't have any interest in having performed on me. I never was able to make any sense of the circles he talked around my request to feel this demonstration, which may have been because of what you say above. I wonder how long it took him to train his students to fly into the wall like that, and the one in the second clip to fly around in that semi circle when he pushed him back. The students are incredible! I remember some of the students saying they were police officers when I visited the class as well, if I'm not mistaken.

SPJ
07-05-2010, 07:51 AM
the first vid showed how to emit the jin in different hand moves

however, you always see that he stepped his lead foot forward and entered the center of balance of the opponent, which is between his 2 legs. the emitter is in balance in the new position while the opponent is not. positioning is everything, there is nothing mystical

pre heaven means internal, post heaven means external

the 2nd vid showing pushing hand/softening hand/plate hand depending on the style, tui shou/rou shou/pan shou

hand drills for testing and listening the opponent's jin and also neutralizing

this is the purpose/function of the hand exercises

and yes, it ended with emitting jin in different ways (yes, this part has cooperative partner allowing or not resisting)

SPJ
07-05-2010, 07:56 AM
where is chi?

in the dantian, that is how you remain balanced

where is chi going?

it flows like a water.

when you raise your chi upward and forward/ peng

and the opponent is off to his back

---

incredible well actually credible or workable or believeable

or nothing mystical

Faruq
07-05-2010, 07:57 AM
the first vid showed how to emit the jin in different hand moves

however, you always see that he stepped his lead forward and entered the center of balance of the opponent, which is between his 2 legs. the emitter is in balance in the new position while the opponent is not. positioning is everything, there is nothing mystical

pre heaven means internal, post heaven means external

the 2nd vid showing pushing hand/softening hand/plate hand depending on the style, tui shou/rou shou/pan shou

hand drills for testing and listening the opponent's jin and also neutralizing

this is the purpose/function of the hand exercises

and yes, it ended with emitting jin in different ways (yes, this part has cooperative partner allowing or not resisting)

You saw that the students flew without having their bodies touched at all right? They were flying from him pushing just their hands.

SPJ
07-05-2010, 07:58 AM
oops

he called the hand exercise responding hand or yin shou.

actually, yin shou or responding hands means application

any hoo.

SPJ
07-05-2010, 07:59 AM
You saw that the students flew without having their bodies touched at all right? They were flying from him pushing just their hands.

yes, they are cooperating in the demo.

SPJ
07-05-2010, 08:05 AM
the real value is watching the teacher how to maintain balance all the time

or how to maintain peng jin all the time from hand moves and posturing (waist/knee)

some good lessons there

:)

Faruq
07-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Okay, then I was distracted by the students flying from him pushing their hands and the one guy who flies all the way behind him after he pushes his hands to the side. Also his attitude when I visited the school as well, obviously.

David Jamieson
07-05-2010, 08:20 AM
still with this crap eh?

will it never end? :rolleyes:

Drake
07-05-2010, 09:43 AM

If you watch closely, they were throwing themselves. Let's see the same thing done not using a student who is playing along. Better yet, how about someone who is not a student and attacking him?

David Jamieson
07-05-2010, 09:46 AM
If you watch closely, they were throwing themselves. Let's see the same thing done not using a student who is playing along. Better yet, how about someone who is not a student and attacking him?

I think we can all agree that these types of demos are utter bollocks and designed to dupe people into purchasing lessons.

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 09:58 AM
what is "incredible" about this is the fact that no one just walks up and smacks the guy in the face and says "do you think we are idiots"?

Drake
07-05-2010, 09:59 AM
I think we can all agree that these types of demos are utter bollocks and designed to dupe people into purchasing lessons.

Apparently it worked for one person on this forum.

taai gihk yahn
07-05-2010, 10:27 AM
what is "incredible" about this is the fact that no one just walks up and smacks the guy in the face and says "do you think we are idiots"?

cts rip :(

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
cts rip :(

yeah, well, you know, CTS got up and walked out on the fake push hands crap at the "master's demo" and he told US that it was bull****

but did he stand up and say it out loud during the fake demo? Or bring it up at the meeting that followed?

NO

All the Chinese sifu are responsible for this crap because they simply won't speak up and say "cut it out, that is ridiculous"

The same way you go to tournaments today and there are fake masters, fake monks, and more BS demos

bawang
07-05-2010, 10:32 AM
but isnt that what you did? you walked away from kung fu

David Jamieson
07-05-2010, 10:38 AM

But he doesn't count because he's a whitey.
In order for it to start cascading culturally it has to NOT come from a perceived outsider.

Think of it this way; A Scottish highland dance group does something incorrect for years. Meanwhile, a Chinese individual has learned the correct way.

The Chinese guy goes to correct the Scots.

The Scots pay no attention to the Chinese guy whether he's right or not.

But put a dude up there in a kilt, with a brogue and the stink of talisker and haggis on him and he tells the troupe and they WILL consider it and possibly even change immediately.

Change comes from within and if there is any culture that deliberately puts up walls around itself , well, it's the Chinese. And if that wasn't true there wouldn't be a "chinatown" in every major city in the world were the segregation is HO HO HO. lol (or a huge wall in northern China. :P

Lee Chiang Po
07-05-2010, 10:38 AM
I remember a while back an old guy putting up 5 grand to anyone that could defeat him. He shoved and tossed his students around with ease. But, he got his a$$ kicked and lost his life's savings.
Pushing is a viable method of self defense but also requires developed skills like any other MA. However, chi cannot be projected from the body.
In the early 60's I was going to work, walking down an ally, when I heard someone making very loud,cherping sounds. I looked over a fence to see an older man facing a bird cage and making this sound. He explained that he was trying to kill the finch with his chi. He had been doing this for 25 years and was not quite there. Seems he had witnessed a demonstration 25 years ago and knew it could be done.

taai gihk yahn
07-05-2010, 10:40 AM
In the early 60's I was going to work, walking down an ally, when I heard someone making very loud,cherping sounds. I looked over a fence to see an older man facing a bird cage and making this sound. He explained that he was trying to kill the finch with his chi. He had been doing this for 25 years and was not quite there. Seems he had witnessed a demonstration 25 years ago and knew it could be done.
you'd think that after 25 years, the finch would have died on its own...

bawang
07-05-2010, 10:40 AM
But he doesn't count because he's a whitey.
In order for it to start cascading culturally it has to NOT come from a perceived outsider.

but most kung fu people these days in america are wite ppls mang.

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 10:44 AM
I was part of a LOT of the political organizatons of the 80's and 90's. IN one, if you wren't Chinese you weren't really a member, they even held the meetings in Cantonese and never bothered to translate. Another organization had a few "tokens" (non chinese) but the top always came down to what two Chinese instructors wanted to do. I personally saw people try to get Jeff Bolt boxed in and personally heard them bad mouth him, JEFF BOLT! But then again I watched a clown car full of fake Chineese basicly ruin Jeff's events as well, and Jeff never seemed to face that sad truth.

Why did a major organization have a complete fraud as a national team coach? Oh , yeah, because he was Chinese! And when they finally did have to dump him, after all the damage was done, who did they replace him with? Yeah, another Chinese guy.

If you have been there, you would know why so many people just walked away, it was eye brow high in poop, and it was all Chinese poop

taai gihk yahn
07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
yeah, well, you know, CTS got up and walked out on the fake push hands crap at the "master's demo" and he told US that it was bull****

but did he stand up and say it out loud during the fake demo? Or bring it up at the meeting that followed?

NO

All the Chinese sifu are responsible for this crap because they simply won't speak up and say "cut it out, that is ridiculous"

The same way you go to tournaments today and there are fake masters, fake monks, and more BS demos

yeah, it's true, you do have a point: meaning that while CTS called BS on peeps in private with us, he adhered to an even higher principle in public: thou shalt not break another's rice bowl; and this is one of the reasons it perpetuates: no one wants to be the run to start the slippery slope rolling, so to speak, because if it went that way, at the end, everyone would loose their livlihood; and this is why MMA has a lot of TCMA folks spooked and scrambling to get back to "traditional values", lol - because u can't pull the "I'm a dedlyist" without actually demonstrating it (although there is still a large % of sheeple who want the qi-blast mumbo, as the other thread now in discussion demonstrates);

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 10:48 AM
no one wants to be the run to start the slippery slope rolling, so to speak, because if it went that way, at the end, everyone would loose their livlihood; and this is why MMA has a lot of TCMA folks spooked and scrambling to get back to "traditional values",

everyone should re-read this a few times

Then, of course, I will add the observation that no tradition has the amout of outright fraud and BS as TCMA, bar none!

taai gihk yahn
07-05-2010, 10:50 AM
believe it or not, Dave trains his students more like pre-1900 (or so) kung fu than not; meaning he doesn't do forms, he doesn't do BS apps, he emphasizes principles and physical conditioniing and live / pressure-testing against resisting opponents; of course, unlike pre-1900 u can't really just go out and test ur skill by killing someone off, so the most efficient way to work as near to "d3 str33t" as possible is in an MMA / sanshou context;

and yet people think he's not doing kung fu, including some other of of CTS's so-called disciples, who teach forms, apps against non-resisting opponents, and have their students go compete at BS point-style sparring tournaments and think it demonstrates real skill (and yet they r the ones thumping their chests about how they are carrying on their teacher's lineage / tradition faithfuly - ha)

bawang
07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
i think its easy to critisize but hard to make real changes. if everybody just leave then kung fu will stay the same. maybe u used to go in a door and become chinese for 2 or 3 hours, but for me its for life, mang. corruption in kung fu for me makes me feel burning rage and i refse to give up.

jurak mang, i dont mean hes not teaching kung fu, i mean hes left the kung fu comunity. that means whatever reform he does wont effect kung fu and is wasted mang. he says he teach sanda, then to everyone it will be sanda.

the people reforming and changing need to thump their chest also, actively promoting. in kung fu if you have fihting skills then you have a golden ticket to shamelessly promote.

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 11:00 AM
i think its easy to critisize but hard to make real changes. if everybody just leave then kung fu will stay the same. maybe u used to go in a door and become chinese for 2 or 3 hours, but for me its for life, mang. corruption in kung fu for me makes me feel burning rage and i refse to give up.

jurak mang, i dont mean hes not teaching kung fu, i mean hes left the kung fu comunity. that means whatever reform he does wont effect kung fu and is wasted mang.

i mean the people reforming ned to thump their chest even louder.

I spent almost TWO DECADES in that community, I watched it get worse, not better. IN the US, they killed Sanshou/San Da. They literally beat it to death. I watched fake monks do carnival tricks and guys with no training put in important decision making posts, I watched the US team get made up of unqualified people who were unprepared and then got humiliated at international level competition. Who wants to sit around for that?

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 11:02 AM
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57678

follow that thread, prety current event and the silliness has only gotten worse

bawang
07-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I spent almost TWO DECADES in that community, I watched it get worse, not better. IN the US, they killed Sanshou/San Da. They literally beat it to death. I watched fake monks do carnival tricks and guys with no training put in important decision making posts, I watched the US team get made up of unqualified people who were unprepared and then got humiliated at international level competition. Who wants to sit around for that?

if you and me dont sit around for that, who will.

taai gihk yahn
07-05-2010, 11:06 AM

jurak mang, i dont mean hes not teaching kung fu, i mean hes left the kung fu comunity. that means whatever reform he does wont effect kung fu and is wasted mang. he says he teach sanda, then to everyone it will be sanda.

the people reforming and changing need to thump their chest also, actively promoting.
ok, I get ur point; to some degree, also, your agenda is culturally mediated, such that because it is your heritage, you feel the shame etc. on a personal level; all I can tell you about that, my friend, is that buddha would tell you that you have fallen into one of the delusions of identification: that is, identification with race, family, religion and of course self; don't get me wrong, if u have a passion to practice and reform, by all means, pursue it; but do it from a sense of freedom, no because you feel shame and anger - that will get you into a one-hand-builds / other-hand-destroys paradox very quickly; use ur practice as a means of freedom for urself and others - not as a way to get back at your parents for making u CHinese (even though I suspect that they are really an elderly Jewish couple from Bensonhurst, don't ask me how I know that...)

here's the thing: while researching and learning from the past can give one insight, it does not necesarilly mean that one should try to recreate the past; rather, use the information as a means of freeing yourself from ignorance, and create something unique: instead of focusing so hard on the answer (e.g. - I must reform kung fu), consider perhaps that you might want to spend some time thinking up the right question first...

just some thoughts my friend, take them only as they benefits u

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Sometimes, you just have to realize that there are lost causes and things you can't change....

bawang
07-05-2010, 11:13 AM
ok, I get ur point; to some degree, also, your agenda is culturally mediated, such that because it is your heritage, you feel the shame etc. on a personal level;
i feel the shame more than a personal level. i feel it in physical and spiritual level.
i am from a village. i used to sh1t into a open pit, then some guy comes and carries it away on a bamboo stick.
the entire culture of my village was destroyed during the revolution. folk songs are forgotten. prayer is forgotten. on my fathers side the line of ancestors is forgotten.
all that matters is monies. my aunt punched my grandmother in the face over money and houses.
i want to revive the spirit of the hap so chinese people dont turn into complete gays. i met people in east coast and central who also share the idea. they are very few but they are there. if no one wants to make a difference who will.

David Jamieson
07-05-2010, 11:14 AM
but most kung fu people these days in america are wite ppls mang.

And not one of them has any influence whatsoever on how tcma are going to move forward. lol.
:p

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 11:17 AM
And not one of them has any influence whatsoever on how tcma are going to move forward. lol.
:p

I have news for you, back in the 1980's the white, African american and hispanic instructors were already the guys with the real schools and the STUDENTS.

The Chinese "masters" had 2 or 3 guys but walked around with their noses in the air

A non Chinese instructor coulbe bring 50 guys to a tournament and be ignored, a Chinese "master" who didn't even bring a student sat a tthe big table and they announced him and gave him a page in the program

Again, the TCMA is like bizarro world where everything is backwards

bawang
07-05-2010, 11:20 AM
thats the result of cantonese coolie culture. the demographics in chiense community itself is changing and thats why right now is a vital time for change

i lived in chinatown too, i know how sh1tty its like and gets u depressed, and im not even white. but u need to let that go man, and make a difference before u get too old.

David Jamieson
07-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I have news for you, back in the 1980's the white, African american and hispanic instructors were already the guys with the real schools and the STUDENTS.

The Chinese "masters" had 2 or 3 guys but walked around with their noses in the air

A non Chinese instructor coulbe bring 50 guys to a tournament and be ignored, a Chinese "master" who didn't even bring a student sat a tthe big table and they announced him and gave him a page in the program

Again, the TCMA is like bizarro world where everything is backwards

I know I know I know.

It is bizarro world. I was in it too for the better part of a decade and even after that.

bawang
07-05-2010, 11:24 AM
u guys were trapped in the bubble of guangdong martial arts. its a completely different world outside it mang.

David Jamieson
07-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Dam you Toisanese!!!! lol :p

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 11:26 AM
u guys were trapped in the bubble of guangdong martial arts. its a completely different world outside it mang.

I have a friend who went to Taiwan, fought push hands, beat the local champ and they not only edited out his fiight from the official video, they changed the official record

The BIGGEST fraud I know is from the NORTH dude, it's all CMA, it's a disease

David Jamieson
07-05-2010, 11:27 AM

yep. moved on. changed up, kept what I liked, forgot what I don't care about an here I am, forms fairy #34. :D

bawang
07-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I have a friend who went to Taiwan, fought push hands, beat the local champ and they not only edited out his fiight from the official video, they changed the official record

The BIGGEST fraud I know is from the NORTH dude, it's all CMA, it's a disease

noe mang ur rong
taiwan doesnt count lol

lkfmdc
07-05-2010, 11:32 AM
noe mang ur rong
taiwan doesnt count lol

Henan count? How about Shanghai? How about Beijing? How about Shandung?

I know frauds and BS from all those places, and they aint in Guangdong

bawang
07-05-2010, 11:39 AM
mang u keep naming the big cities that attract monies. shanghai is in jiangsu region and jiangsu doesnt even have its own native martial art. did you know that?? shanghai and beijing arent places to look for martial arts theyre places to look for hookers.

i used to read magazine called wuhun and there was lots of articles about reform and criticism, but mostly in smaller less known places. and from fist associations that taught for free.

i just want to say i think u shoudlnt give up on chiense martial arts, no matter how bad the situation is today. if no one tries to make a difference, who will

i mean if u have 9000 posts about kung fu, u must still care about kung fu, so why not do someting in real life, mang. you actually have the power to do it if u want to.

Faruq
07-05-2010, 06:04 PM

I really wish someone would. I was really disappointed with this guy's attitude, and there is no reason for him to put up such a demonstration on youtube if he's going to get mad or freak out when people visit and ask to feel it first hand...