PDA

View Full Version : Free Kobi!

GeneChing
07-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Never mind all of this silly political rants on our off topic forum. Here's a topic we can all sink our teeth in to. :p

Jul 6th 2010 By Brian Fairbanks
Takeru Kobayashi Arrested at Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest (Video) (http://www.asylum.com/2010/07/06/takeru-kobayashi-arrested-at-nathans-famous-hot-dog-eating-contest/)

Former world competitive-eating record holder Takeru Kobayashi, who was barred from participating in Nathan's International Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest on Sunday, was arrested for rushing the stage -- and demanding some boiled meat slurry, stat.

The event was mired in controversy and sticky ketchup before it even began, thanks to Kobayashi's ban following a contract dispute. He showed up anyway, and when fans began chanting for him to be allowed to participate, he leaped over a barrier and tried to grab a hot dog before getting dragged away by the NYPD.

Joey "Jaws" Chestnut, who this year won his fourth consecutive Nathan's title, was unfazed by Kobayashi's bum rush, putting away 54 frankfurters in 10 minutes.

But, Kobayashi's antics, both during and after the contest, stole the spotlight from the winner. The Daily News overheard the former champion saying, "I'm really hungry. I wanted to eat hot dogs." A translator told NPR that Kobayashi had explained, "I was there as a spectator, just to cheer on my buddies ... In the heat of it, I jumped on the stage, hoping they would let me eat."

His explanation stinks more than Chestnut's breath after more than four dozen of Nathan's Famous dogs. Keep reading for an even more unconvincing video of his bust.

Lucas
07-06-2010, 12:20 PM
why cant he compete? because of his condition?

David Jamieson
07-06-2010, 12:29 PM
what's his condition? no gag reflex? expandable gut?
what?

Drake
07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
He was released already, before Gene even posted this.

Apparently it was some sort of dispute with the contest's organization that excluded him.

GeneChing
07-06-2010, 04:16 PM
...the dude was busted for jumping the stage at a hot dog eating contest. How long would NY hold someone for that? The "Free Kobi" refers to Kobi's shirt. Apparently he was barred from the competition because he wouldn't sign some contract with Nathan's. It all reeks of publicity stunt to me, but it's so absurd, I just couldn't help myself.

Dale Dugas
07-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah, he was arrested for eating dogs the long way....

kinky little freak

Jimbo
07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I heard it's because he didn't want to sign an exclusive contract to that contest, so he could be free to compete in other contests. I thought he kinda made a fool of himself, and that kind of publicity, of it was a P.R. stunt, is worse than no publicity.

Lucas
07-06-2010, 05:39 PM
what's his condition? no gag reflex? expandable gut?
what?

no hes a crazy SOB!!!

David Jamieson
07-07-2010, 05:44 AM
no hes a crazy SOB!!!

well, that's not a condition.
There's people all over that are that. :p