PDA

View Full Version : james toney vs. Randy couture

Dragonzbane76
07-07-2010, 04:00 AM
Other than the fact Couture will murder this guy, any thoughts???

Iron_Eagle_76
07-07-2010, 05:31 AM
My prediction is Couture gets Toney in the clinch, wears him down against the cage for a few minutes, takes him down, and finishes with ground and pound or rear naked choke, all in the first round. The only chance Toney has is if Randy is dumb enough to stand and box with him, which he isn't.

On a side note, if Dana White wants to push the MMA vs. Boxing angle, it would be more interesting to choose a boxer who isn't a washed up fossil, just saying.

SevenStar
07-07-2010, 01:57 PM
You are looking at the wrong side of the coin. the good boxers make WAY too much money to be concerned with fighting mma. the washed up fossils are the only ones who would do it. You think someone like pacquiao would bother with this? nah? too much to risk for too little money. you couldn't even get de la hoya or mosely to do it, I'm sure.

Dragonzbane76
07-08-2010, 10:05 AM
found this interview with toney... what a dumb mofo....This guy actually believes he has a chance.... lol

He might have a strikers chance but I don't believe couture will even give him that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Spg2vn-XM&feature=player_embedded

Dragonzbane76
07-08-2010, 10:20 AM
lolzz some of the comments are epic.... first one

"english Motherfu<ker, do you speak it?"

lkfmdc
07-08-2010, 10:23 AM
It's a side show, a name boxer who because he is beyond his real days they can afford. Then when inevitable happens, they go "see, MMA beat a big name boxer". And if Toney KO's Randy (yes, it could happen), they immediately have another big PPV card, either a rematch or Tony vs someone else... it's the same reason you saw Kimbo in there, the same reason originally they signed Brock Lesner... NAME RECOGNITION

Knifefighter
07-08-2010, 10:28 AM
My prediction is Couture gets Toney in the clinch, wears him down against the cage for a few minutes, takes him down, and finishes with ground and pound or rear naked choke, all in the first round. The only chance Toney has is if Randy is dumb enough to stand and box with him, which he isn't.

On a side note, if Dana White wants to push the MMA vs. Boxing angle, it would be more interesting to choose a boxer who isn't a washed up fossil, just saying.

Last time I checked, Randy was five years older than Toney.

Dragonzbane76
07-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Last time I checked, Randy five years older than Toney.

yeah but the last time i check randy is a genetic freak to be fighting at his age in the first place. :)

Faruq
07-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Randy's gonna kill this guy just like Roy Jones did, only this time it'll be a lot uglier.

randyds5
08-01-2010, 09:17 AM
both of these men are good "fighters" but I want Randy to win because he has a much better attitude and more "Wu De". He has the character more adkin to a true martial artist. James Toney needs his lights turned out, because im tired of him running his mouth. He is just trying to make money and sell a fight. He is like a leech who sucks blood, he doesnt care about martial arts at all. We need more guys like Randy, Lyoto, and Cung Le who have more sportsmanship and a warrior attitude. I hope Toney gets evaporated.

Hebrew Hammer
08-01-2010, 11:33 AM
You are looking at the wrong side of the coin. the good boxers make WAY too much money to be concerned with fighting mma. the washed up fossils are the only ones who would do it. You think someone like pacquiao would bother with this? nah? too much to risk for too little money. you couldn't even get de la hoya or mosely to do it, I'm sure.

It may be the case with Tomey but I thought I remember Floyd Mayweather making some grumblings about doing MMA...again I don't think the money would be enough.

In any case, Couture should absolutely dominate if can avoid the right hook and get to the clinch.

donjitsu2
08-01-2010, 11:47 AM
both of these men are good "fighters" but I want Randy to win because he has a much better attitude and more "Wu De". He has the character more adkin to a true martial artist. James Toney needs his lights turned out, because im tired of him running his mouth. He is just trying to make money and sell a fight. He is like a leech who sucks blood, he doesnt care about martial arts at all. We need more guys like Randy, Lyoto, and Cung Le who have more sportsmanship and a warrior attitude. I hope Toney gets evaporated.

I couldn't agree with you more!

I hope Randy whips his @$$!!