PDA

View Full Version : the worst techniques.

Dragonzbane76
07-07-2010, 08:40 AM
This guy had some good ones. Wonder what everyone else had that was the definition of dumb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTxH11O2HU

David Jamieson
07-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Using that technique against a club or a bat? Who does that? Must be supremely ignorant of reality to even promote that tech as a club stopping block. lol

as for the knife thing, it seems he made that up just to make it look bad. I've never seen something so silly as that in any martial art.

Dragonzbane76
07-07-2010, 09:02 AM
did you have the volume up?

taai gihk yahn
07-07-2010, 10:29 AM
LOL - "You're walking down the street and u see someone coming at you wearing a gi - this should b the first sign something is wrong."

David Jamieson
07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
did you have the volume up?

no, i didn't. was it intentionally a joke? :p

Drake
07-07-2010, 10:42 AM
no, i didn't. was it intentionally a joke? :p

Dude...just turn on the volume...

Don't they have sound cards in Canada? :p

David Jamieson
07-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Dude...just turn on the volume...

Don't they have sound cards in Canada? :p

I'll watch it later. I'm at work right now. So I don't want to disturb my colleagues. :)

Drake
07-07-2010, 11:05 AM
I'll watch it later. I'm at work right now. So I don't want to disturb my colleagues. :)

Do they have headphones in Canada? :)

David Jamieson
07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Do they have headphones in Canada? :)

Moreso than whatever tact may be available in america. :D

PHILBERT
07-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Short story:

The bald guy says he is showing us the 2 worst techniques he has ever seen in martial arts training, even asks that if we know which books they come from (I imagine the second book is an Ashida Kim book) to write him and tell him.

So no, this wasn't some guy who watched an open training video and said "holy crap that is stupid, he has no idea what to do!" because the guy fully admits the techniques were terrible.

He even tells people to start training on "smaller" bats then work their way up to aluminum bats.

Drake
07-07-2010, 11:51 AM

I've actually been counseled professionally for my lack of tact, now that you mention it. :D

David Jamieson
07-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Short story:

The bald guy says he is showing us the 2 worst techniques he has ever seen in martial arts training, even asks that if we know which books they come from (I imagine the second book is an Ashida Kim book) to write him and tell him.

So no, this wasn't some guy who watched an open training video and said "holy crap that is stupid, he has no idea what to do!" because the guy fully admits the techniques were terrible.

He even tells people to start training on "smaller" bats then work their way up to aluminum bats.

Thanks Philbert. :)

Lee Chiang Po
07-07-2010, 12:20 PM
This guy had some good ones. Wonder what everyone else had that was the definition of dumb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTxH11O2HU

I think anything other than Lee Chiang style is inadequite, so I am a little bit biased. You might go through your entire lifetime without ever being attacked with a stick or bat, so saying something works most of the time will not usually compute. In the past, due to my work I have fallen into 3 such situations. In one case I talked the dude out of it, but in the other cases I took a few hard licks before I was able to do much. Both were tire wrenches. The way I made entry was to lunge at the guy, making him swing as hard as he could and rush in and get inside his swing. From there I was able to take them down. Once the club has been subdued, the person will seldom abandon it in favor of fighting with his fists, which I found to be in my favor.

taai gihk yahn
07-07-2010, 12:26 PM
I think anything other than Lee Chiang style is inadequite, so I am a little bit biased. You might go through your entire lifetime without ever being attacked with a stick or bat, so saying something works most of the time will not usually compute. In the past, due to my work I have fallen into 3 such situations. In one case I talked the dude out of it, but in the other cases I took a few hard licks before I was able to do much. Both were tire wrenches. The way I made entry was to lunge at the guy, making him swing as hard as he could and rush in and get inside his swing. From there I was able to take them down. Once the club has been subdued, the person will seldom abandon it in favor of fighting with his fists, which I found to be in my favor.

Your trolling has improved, I must give u credit; this is actually a good thread for u to practice so I encourage you to do so

MasterKiller
07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2vju5b7.jpg

David Jamieson
07-07-2010, 01:32 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2vju5b7.jpg

This video exhibits everything that is wrong with America.

the gif is only part of a longer video where lard boy and his pipe and a stream of profanities is upset about some online ribbing about his world of warcraft crap.

It is the most pathetic thing one could see besides a rain soaked starving little child selling matches at christmas.

MasterKiller
07-07-2010, 01:35 PM

the gif is only part of a longer video where lard boy and his pipe and a stream of profanities is upset about some online ribbing about his world of warcraft crap.

It is the most pathetic thing one could see besides a rain soaked starving little child selling matches at christmas.

FYI...It's actually a chick.

Drake
07-07-2010, 02:07 PM

It's not just America. Koreans are letting their babies die because of these games.

PHILBERT
07-07-2010, 02:40 PM

Leave Britney alone!

FYI...It's actually a chick.

That is actually scary. Scarier.

Dragonzbane76
07-07-2010, 03:02 PM
FYI...It's actually a chick

beat me to it... was going to say the same.

Lokhopkuen
07-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I've actually been counseled professionally for my lack of tact, now that you mention it. :D

I find this difficult to believe;)
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/sabrebIade/SarahPonce-martialarts.jpg
Sanjuro made me do it!

sanjuro_ronin
07-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Bbbbwwaaahhhhhhh !!!!!!

David Jamieson
07-08-2010, 01:00 PM
That's a chick?

Jesus......

sanjuro_ronin
07-08-2010, 01:05 PM
That's a chick?

Jesus......

Don't blame him, blame evolution.
:D

MasterKiller
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
That's a chick?

Jesus......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOI7BTmmk0

The best part is the ninjitsu demo at the very end.

David Jamieson
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I wasn't blaming him, I was just turning and raising my eyebrow.

he shrugged his shoulders and pointed up.

:D

Lee Chiang Po
07-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Your trolling has improved, I must give u credit; this is actually a good thread for u to practice so I encourage you to do so

Thanks. Coming from you I take that as a compliment. However, I never consider myself as trolling. Merely saying it as I see it. The Lee Chiang style thing was more a joke as that is my way of saying I don't really know any other gung fu style. This is not to say the Lee Chiang style itself is a joke, as I am a bad man.:D

Kevin73
07-09-2010, 05:59 AM
I have to wonder about that first technique. I would have to see the original book/clip where he said he saw that. I don't think anyone with half a brain would teach that against a bat.

If you look at the technique and NOT the targets, it makes more sense. You rush in and strike the attackers arm before he starts the swing with your initial block. You then slide your hand down to control his wrist/bat and then strike the wrist with the inward block to release the bat.

I mean come on, why would you have the technique where you break the bat in half and then try to use it to hit?

PS: I'm not saying I would attempt that technique, just wondering if that was REALLY the technique or not.

jmd161
07-09-2010, 04:09 PM
I have to wonder about that first technique. I would have to see the original book/clip where he said he saw that. I don't think anyone with half a brain would teach that against a bat.

I just wondering if that was REALLY the technique or not.

I'd have to see the book for both those techniques he claimed to have seen..:rolleyes:

None of that makes any sense....