PDA

View Full Version : Tax increases coming on Jan 1st

1bad65
07-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Here is Obama saying "you dont raise taxes in a recession":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrozt_vuJdE

On Jan 1st capital gains taxes go up and the Bush tax cuts (which include the middle class) are set to expire.

Will Obama be breaking another campaign promise, or will he keep his word?

solo1
07-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Of course he'll break his word. Income taxes are going up capitol gains are going up every tax you can imagine is going up. Thank you Hope and Changers what a pack of mindless sheep.

xcakid
07-08-2010, 01:46 PM
someone has to pay for all the socialized programs he implemented. I doubt he is going to shell it out of his own pocket. He already has a slow drip tap on capitalism...

dimethylsea
07-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Of course he'll break his word. Income taxes are going up capitol gains are going up every tax you can imagine is going up. Thank you Hope and Changers what a pack of mindless sheep.

And thanks to the facist warmongering patriots for supporting two wars at once and making Obama an attractive candidate by comparison.

Thank you for nominating a half-dead "war hero" and a half-term Western governor with no grasp of policy issues... you gave us no choice whatsoever if we wanted to repudiate the Warfare Society you've been foisting on us since 2001.

1bad65
07-09-2010, 07:14 AM
And thanks to the facist warmongering patriots for supporting two wars at once and making Obama an attractive candidate by comparison.

Thank you for nominating a half-dead "war hero" and a half-term Western governor with no grasp of policy issues... you gave us no choice whatsoever if we wanted to repudiate the Warfare Society you've been foisting on us since 2001.

Just stop blaming Bush. The guys has been out of office for almost two years now. Quick question for you; When does it become Obama's economy and not Bush's? Just give us a month and year please.

It's his entitlemment spending that's the problem, not the wars. I believe the national debt has tripled since Obama took office. That has ZERO to do with Bush.

I'd rather have a half dead war hero in office than a brain dead community agitator.

And please, show some respect to those who served and suffered for this country.

1bad65
07-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Fyi, the lowest income tax bracket (of those who actually pay taxes) is 10%. On January 1st, the lowest bracket becomes 15%. So Obama will be raising income taxes by 50% on the poorest American taxpayers.

Unless he actually keeps his word.

dimethylsea
07-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Just stop blaming Bush. The guys has been out of office for almost two years now. Quick question for you; When does it become Obama's economy and not Bush's? Just give us a month and year please.

It's his entitlemment spending that's the problem, not the wars. I believe the national debt has tripled since Obama took office. That has ZERO to do with Bush.

I was giving Solo his vitriol ("mindless sheep") right back. If you don't like the "Tat" then don't encourage the "Tit" eh?

I'd rather have a half dead war hero in office than a brain dead community agitator.

That "brain dead community agitator" was head of Harvard Law Review and is and was a lecturer at one of the country's best law schools. Not exactly the description of "brain dead" I'd say. You may loathe his politics but Barry is very smart. Just because someone doesn't agree with your politics doesn't make them intellectually impaired.
By comparison "half-dead" is a statement rooted in facts. McCain is very old and has a multitude of health problems. This in itself isn't a deal-breaker.. but putting Palin a few heartbeats away from the button? Absolutely unacceptable.

And please, show some respect to those who served and suffered for this country.

Please grab your own ballz and come to a screeching halt. McCain "served" alright, he "served "himself" for decades. Came back from the POW camp and dropped his disabled loyal wife for a hot billion-heiress. "Honor above all".. ha!
When an "officer and a gentleman" behaves like a "man of iron".. I will forgive a certain amount of stridency.. but this is a guy who was part of the Keating Five.

I "served".. and I will be double g*d-d*amned if I don't speak my mind about the military.
The typical situation is like this..
If you didn't serve.. then people tell you to shut up because "you didn't serve.. you don't have the right!".
If you did serve then people still tell you to shut up because "you have to show respect".

Guess what 1Bad65... I have broken the faces of people who told me to shut up and tried to physically push me around on this issue. I have fond memories of a sobbing Navy Chief who got a rude awakening when he tried to slap a "d*mn hippie" who told him he was a parasite and a hired thug.

If you did the time.. then you did the crimes.. and I will speak the truth about it.
And if *anyone* wants to escalate beyond the constitutional rights of free speech (that I will defend with my life) then I'm PERFECTLY happy to dance.

No brag, just fact. There is a box of burned uniforms that give me all the right I need.

1bad65
07-09-2010, 09:43 AM
I thank you for serving, but talking like that about a POW is disgusting. The fact you are trying to justify it is ridiculous.

And why are you digging up dirt on McCain's personal life instead of debating on the issues?

You did not answer my question on when Bush's economy becomes Obama's economy. Please do that. Thanks.

1bad65
07-09-2010, 09:45 AM
That "brain dead community agitator" was head of Harvard Law Review and is and was a lecturer at one of the country's best law schools. Not exactly the description of "brain dead" I'd say.

In terms of the private sector, he is brain dead. He may have a great law resume, but he has ZERO private sector experience. But then again, only 8% of his Cabinet do. :eek:

dimethylsea
07-09-2010, 09:49 AM
In terms of the private sector, he is brain dead. He may have a great law resume, but he has ZERO private sector experience. But then again, only 8% of his Cabinet do. :eek:

News flash.. he is NOT working in the private sector. He is a public official and politician.

And in case you hadn't remembered.. the last "private sector" guy who got elected (cough cough Bush) didn't work out too well now did he?

dimethylsea
07-09-2010, 09:57 AM
I thank you for serving, but talking like that about a POW is disgusting. The fact you are trying to justify it is ridiculous.

And why are you digging up dirt on McCain's personal life instead of debating on the issues?

Just because someone got shot down and captured doesn't give them a free pass for all the mistakes they make AFTER that point. He was a candidate for PRESIDENT. Everything in his personal record is fair game.
Anyway I'm not digging up dirt.. Carol McCaine is common knowledge. Everyone who did their "due diligence" before they voted should have known all about it.

Finally I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm explaining to you. My "justification" is the same "justification" the military uses to kill thousands of innocents every year because they happened to be scratching out a living in a place we decided to come down on hard.
I.e. "you can't stop me".

You did not answer my question on when Bush's economy becomes Obama's economy. Please do that. Thanks.

It doesn't. Ever. Bush's mistakes are his mistakes. Obama's mistakes (and he will surely make them) will not be felt and be able to be evaluated for years.
The cable news cycle doesn't rule the world dude.. the economy is like an glacier. It's massive and moves slow. Probably around 2015 or so we will be able to look back and say "hmm.. that was a BAD idea". Just like people only recently started coming to the conclusion "wait a second.. Bush raped the country he swore to defend and protect!".. only... 7 years after he did it.

Iron_Lung
07-09-2010, 10:00 AM

Not to jump into the middle of your guys' debate but isnt TOO MUCH private sector experience (y'know, the revolving door effect between govt/business) one of the biggest problems we have right now? I mean, they got a whole street up there at the capitol dedicated to these guys. I dont think ANYONE would be sitting in the oval office who wasnt very friendly to at least certain sectors of the business world.

1bad65
07-09-2010, 10:33 AM
News flash.. he is NOT working in the private sector. He is a public official and politician.

You moron, he's in charge of FIXING the private sector. :eek:

Face it, experience matters. And don't discount experience just because your guy doesn't have any.

And in case you hadn't remembered.. the last "private sector" guy who got elected (cough cough Bush) didn't work out too well now did he?

He never had a month of unemployment over 8%. Obama has had over 10 of those, so far.

1bad65
07-09-2010, 10:37 AM
It doesn't.

Ok, so you're an Obama zombie.

Apparently trying to be rational with you is a waste of time.

Obama's mistakes (and he will surely make them) will not be felt and be able to be evaluated for years.

But we knew before Bush even left office it was all his fault. :rolleyes: Hypocrite.

the economy is like an glacier. It's massive and moves slow.

But not when Bush was running it, according to you. But it does move slow when Obama is running it. LMAO at your blatant hypocracy.

1bad65
07-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Not to jump into the middle of your guys' debate but isnt TOO MUCH private sector experience (y'know, the revolving door effect between govt/business) one of the biggest problems we have right now? I mean, they got a whole street up there at the capitol dedicated to these guys. I dont think ANYONE would be sitting in the oval office who wasnt very friendly to at least certain sectors of the business world.

While too much MAY be bad, only an idiot or a partisan hack would say zero experience is good.

dimethylsea
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Ok, so you're an Obama zombie.

Apparently trying to be rational with you is a waste of time.

But we knew before Bush even left office it was all his fault. :rolleyes: Hypocrite.

LMAO at your blatant hypocracy.

I already tried the "high intellectual conversation" with you in the other thread.

Apparently investigating the deeper story and putting some real skull sweat into it is more work than you care to do.

Easier for you to post sound bites and reflexive party-line diatribes eh?

1bad65
07-09-2010, 10:49 AM
No, I'm just into personal responsibility.

Obama is President now, it's his economy. You can't even say that, and it's obvious to anyone you're being hypocritical.

LMAO at you 'It's never Obama's economy'. WTF does that even mean? :confused:

1bad65
07-09-2010, 10:50 AM
I'll give you another chance, maybe I phrased the question in a bad way.

When does the economy become Obama's economy?

dimethylsea
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
I'll give you another chance, maybe I phrased the question in a bad way.

When does the economy become Obama's economy?

Apparently you haven't been listening dude. The economy is the product of the business cycle and Keynesian economic theory applied to society.
It's a problem that everyone in the Oval Office since.. oh Herbert Hoover .. has been aiding and abetting. Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 and Obama ALL have been working this angle and they are all part and parcel of the problem.

The boom and the bust are the nature of the business cycle when you have a fiat currency and central banking. The "boom" economy of the Clinton and the early Bush years was a product of the business cycle, and now it's time to "pay the piper". Obama is going to do what he can to minimize the "bust" and it's probably going to be utterly ineffective at what he wants.

I didn't vote for Obama because of his economics (he's as bad as Bush in those terms).. I voted for him because he seemed less like a fascist warmonger and hopefully won't START two wars during his term(s) in office.

Drake
07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I agree with Dim. This is exactly the same thing I was taught in college. It's a huge misunderstanding by generally ignorant people. Anyone who expects an economic change to happen within 2, or even 5 years hasn't even the most basic understanding of economics. And even more importantly, the President himself has not nearly as much control over this as you might think.

Biggest economy killers? War. And, believe it or not, out of control economic booms.

Oh, and spare me the doom and gloom. We've heard a lot a "Chicken Little" stuff from the right that never materialized. Remember when everyone was scared into buying bullets because some moron said Obama was going to ban them? The death panel scare? The scare where Obama was going to take away private health care? Maybe the lie that we aren't pulling out of Iraq? Or that Obama is infringing on States' rights regarding immigration, though that is CLEARLY a federal area of responsibility (hell, it's even in the Constitution)?

Did we also forget how Bobby Jindal said the federal government wasn't helping with oil spill, when in fact they readily authorized a slew of NG troops to be activated? Yeah, Jindal failed to use them for anything except media control. How about Jan Brewer's boldfaced lie that immigrants are drug mules? Too bad the Border Patrol had to publicly correct her.

Doom and gloom? Similar to McCain's assertion that we'd be in Afghanistan for a century? Maybe the fact that we had NO MISSION in Iraq OR Afghanistan except to shoot and get shot at? No wonder Dim hates the military so much. People literally died in Iraq for no reason except that we had to be there, and we had to control a mess we made, with no goals or expectations.

Would the doom and gloom be similar to the years of unchecked growth, because the right was afraid to dare lay a finger on businesses being corrupt and essentially self-destructing themselves for a quick profit? Because we wouldn't dare touch a free market, because it is the right of the business to destroy the economy through reckless and irresponsible behavior?

And all hear is the POSSIBILITY of a tax increase from the guy who questioned the BP pending lawsuits, because, despite legal experts saying it was a foregone conclusion, it hasn't happened yet?

WTF?

Reality_Check
07-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Just stop blaming Bush. The guys has been out of office for almost two years now.

You might find this enlightening.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-29-2010/blame

dimethylsea
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I agree with Dim. This is exactly the same thing I was taught in college. It's a huge misunderstanding by generally ignorant people. Anyone who expects an economic change to happen within 2, or even 5 years hasn't even the most basic understanding of economics. And even more importantly, the President himself has not nearly as much control over this as you might think.

Biggest economy killers? War. And, believe it or not, out of control economic booms.

There is a very funny (and largely true) analysis of Austrian vs. Keynesian economics done as hip-hop by two white guys...
HILARIOUS. And very enlightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk

heavens000
08-15-2022, 05:32 AM
Now we are all on the brink of a recession and my tax accountant (https://gorillaaccounting.com/) is warning us of the consequences that will befall us if a recession does occur. We need to be prepared to take this economic hit less painfully, so we are taking a number of measures to avoid severe consequences for my firm. I think everyone needs to prepare now, not to sell all their shares and businesses, because we don't know what exactly will be waiting for us in the future.