PDA

View Full Version : Real life Michelle Yeoh SuperCop

MasterKiller
07-10-2010, 10:49 AM
http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=69016&sitesection=ndnsubss&VID=88016

PHILBERT
07-10-2010, 11:01 AM
And in America they would give him everything he wanted before arresting him, giving him a fair trial, etc.

doug maverick
07-10-2010, 11:09 AM
in the movie maybe...but in real life hostage situation usually end with the hostage taker dead or incapacitated. about the video thou, crazy how she was smiling and laughing and after just shooting a man dead.

jmd161
07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Were the last two shots really needed?:confused:

David Jamieson
07-10-2010, 12:54 PM

probably not, but in the midst of a killing, it is difficult at best to be the clearest of thinkers.

lkfmdc
07-10-2010, 01:32 PM
you take a perfectly innocent person hostage and stab them with scissors and terrify them for hours, you desreve what you get, IMHO

TenTigers
07-10-2010, 01:55 PM
yes. the hostage was in the way, so the first shot might only have winged him in the shoulder of the hand holding the scissors, or it could've missed completely. Then you need to put him down-two to the body, one to the head.
Adrenaline could cause the attacker to further injure the hostage, or others nearby.

doug maverick
07-10-2010, 02:42 PM
i dont think it wouldve went down like that...in the states because thats a lawsuit right there, but honestly the one was shooting to kill, because after the first shot or two the hostage was clear the tactical team couldve moved in and subdued him...but the women office was aiming to kill the man...and then was laughing about it, which is a true sign of a sociopath.

TenTigers
07-10-2010, 07:37 PM
..but the women office was aiming to kill the man...and then was laughing about it, which is a true sign of a sociopath.
I couldn't hear any dialogue, so I cannot determine what she was laughing at.
She could've been laughing out of nervousness, or someone could've told her she was the next Michelle Yeoh...who knows?

actually, simply seeing someone laughing and then creating this whole idea in your head exactly what she was thinking and why she was laughing, and then condemning her for it..well, that kinda worries me...

PHILBERT
07-10-2010, 08:11 PM
She could've been laughing out of nervousness, or someone could've told her she was the next Michelle Yeoh...who knows?

actually, simply seeing someone laughing and then creating this whole idea in your head exactly what she was thinking and why she was laughing, and then condemning her for it..well, that kinda worries me...

Second.

People take death differently. She may have been scared ****less of the situation at hand, knowing she was about to kill a guy, then after doing it, she was just laughing out of fear, jitters and the after effect of adrenaline.

Kind of like when you get a rush of adrenaline, after that you may be laughing. She undoubtedly got an adrenaline rush from the situation.

wiz cool c
07-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm living one hour by train,from this place in shenzhen city, interesting. I also agree that the guy deserved to be shot dead. She was probably scarred the guy was going to come after her with the sissors,so she killed him intentionaly. No need to worry about a law suit in china,people have no rights.

jmd161
07-10-2010, 08:18 PM
yes. the hostage was in the way, so the first shot might only have winged him in the shoulder of the hand holding the scissors, or it could've missed completely. Then you need to put him down-two to the body, one to the head.
Adrenaline could cause the attacker to further injure the hostage, or others nearby.

It looked to me... that the third and fourth shot were with the guy a few feet away from the victim. You could be right though.. there's no way to really tell from the video angle if, he was moving.

doug maverick
07-10-2010, 08:40 PM

i didnt condemn her...i just pointed out that killing someone and having no remorse what so ever is a sign of being a sociopath...you know how many people are sociopaths in this world? the number would alarm you... i mean honestly whether she did the right thing or not depends on how you view it...in the US. the rule for police is perserve life...., there is a reason why we have trained hostage negotiators and guess what they work, we see it on the news all the time..sometimes it ends tragically but thats after every option was explored...was every option explored in this situation? idk it just seems like they asked him to let the girl go for an hour or so kept giving him water then finally said **** it this **** is taking to long and put a couple of hot ones in him...then after the officer was laughing, and im sorry but that wasnt a nervous laugh.. im not condemning im making an observation.

TenTigers
07-10-2010, 09:02 PM
ok, I get that. But if after an hour or so of attempted negotiations, and he's sticking her with the scissors...sorry, we're gonna have to put Old Yeller down.
(btw-that was not an intended racial slur towards Asians. It's a quote from a movie. It just came out that way. No offense intended.)

Scott R. Brown
07-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Most likely what she saw was the guy still moving after she shot him the first time. Probably something like, movement indicating he was trying to get up.

Since it is already established he is a dangerous person willing to use deadly force she did the right thing.

You don't wrestle with him, you don't pull the hostage away in hopes you can get her away without the bad guy getting to her again, you shoot him until you are sure he is no longer a threat. If that takes 10 bullets then it takes 10 bullets!

doug maverick
07-11-2010, 01:41 AM
im still waiting for a real police officer to comment on this...thats the opinion that matters. most of us are civilians even if there are some soldiers up here your opinion kinda doesnt count because you are not law enforcement your job is not to protect and serve no offense...i mean it is but more on the protect and serve the country but not as local law enforcement officers. but i want to hear a real officers opinion on the matter.... should she have shot to kill him or was the shots that put him down enough? i think once the girl was out of harms way that was enough, after that the guy has a bunch of guns in his face he isnt mentally disturbed or anything plus his body would begin to go in shock from the bullet wounds he sustained im no expert on the subject but how much of a fight can he put up?

bawang
07-11-2010, 02:37 AM
chinese martial arts need the spirit of that woman. i hope she gets a promotion

PHILBERT
07-11-2010, 03:40 AM
im still waiting for a real police officer to comment on this...thats the opinion that matters. most of us are civilians even if there are some soldiers up here your opinion kinda doesnt count because you are not law enforcement your job is not to protect and serve no offense...i mean it is but more on the protect and serve the country but not as local law enforcement officers. but i want to hear a real officers opinion on the matter.... should she have shot to kill him or was the shots that put him down enough? i think once the girl was out of harms way that was enough, after that the guy has a bunch of guns in his face he isnt mentally disturbed or anything plus his body would begin to go in shock from the bullet wounds he sustained im no expert on the subject but how much of a fight can he put up?

Key point, the man was stabbing the woman with scissors according to the video. He crossed the line of "negotiations" the moment he began cutting her.

He got what he had coming. Even in America they would shoot a guy who is stabbing someone in front of cops.

Scott R. Brown
07-11-2010, 07:59 AM
I was a training member of the Prison SERT team for 6 months.

Once a hostage is injured it is "open season".

There is no visual evidence to tell us whether the guy was "permanently" down with the first shot or not!

Not everyone reacts to being seriously injured the same way. It isn't like the movies where you get shot, stabbed or struck and you immediately fall down and don't get up, or curl up into a ball and cry, especially with the mentally deranged.

I had an inmate pull his bed out of the wall about 3 inches during a psychotic episode one time, the bed was cemented into the wall!

When in doubt, the safety of the officer and the hostage come first, worry about the assailant after he is permanently down.

We were trained, "two to the chest" and then "one to the brain" if the assailant did not stop approaching during an assault!

dimethylsea
07-11-2010, 08:43 AM
i dont think it wouldve went down like that...in the states because thats a lawsuit right there, but honestly the one was shooting to kill, because after the first shot or two the hostage was clear the tactical team couldve moved in and subdued him...but the women office was aiming to kill the man...and then was laughing about it, which is a true sign of a sociopath.

Spoken like someone who has no idea how hard it is to STOP shooting.

If I am in fear of my life or the life of someone else and I get to the moral place where I deliberately clear leather and fire two quick shots only a UTTER FOOL is going to count on me stopping till at least half the clip is gone.

As far as her laughing.. I'm sure she will wake up screaming at night in the future.
That "OMG I'm alive and only the bad guy died" feeling will quickly give way to dreams and nightmares where "she" is the "bad guy" and is begging some faceless figure in her dream not to shoot as she's gunned down.

Good for the lady cop. The definition of a "peace officer" (as opposed to a LAW enforcement officer.. who everyone here knows I ain't so fond of) is to "enforce the peace". If someone is "breaching the peace" in a potentially lethal, continuing and volitional way then "justice" is that they be stopped. Period.

Again.. he "breached the peace". She "restored the peace". It was a righteous shooting no question.

Syn7
08-30-2010, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsPaqWTLUN4

Has this been posted yet in here??? took a look, didnt see it... crazy video of chinese police work... well executed... but this woman will never forget that feeling...

also did anyone see that clip of the guy with a gun in a chair all surrounded and aggravated... and then sharpshooters shot the gun out of his hand... he just sat there all dumbfounded... i'll try to find it if no oones seen it... pretty sure it was viral tho...

sanjuro_ronin
08-31-2010, 06:16 AM
Well done.
Superbly executed, pardon the pun.

Snipers are the bets bet for those situations, there are a few shut-down points that when hit there is nothing the hostage taker can do, regardless of what he is holding, gun or otherwise.
She deserves a commendation, that was just superb work.

Dragonzbane76
08-31-2010, 06:37 AM
haha well timed indeed. Waiting for him to take his eyes down for one second and then she went for it. Capped his a$$ 4 times, lol making sure he wasn't getting back up.

Syn7
08-31-2010, 01:49 PM
hey i didnt see this thread... and i looked too...

yeah it was pretty well executed... takes cajones to do that, esspecially in the way she did it... no messing around... one to take down and a few more center mass to be sure... eerie stuff...

David Jamieson
08-31-2010, 02:57 PM
And in America they would give him everything he wanted before arresting him, giving him a fair trial, etc.

where in america would that be? lol

PalmStriker
08-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Excellent work. Laugh was "Spontaneous", emotional release from relief from stress. Can also "erupt" from sexual release. Natural occurance in this situation. Judge not.:)

Syn7
09-05-2010, 09:38 PM

yeah i think that once she decided to fire her weapon, him dying was going to happen by any means necessary... if you threaten some persons life like that you pretty much give up any right to personal safety you had prior to the attack... i think nerves and adrenalin are screaming and its not a matter of stopping before he gets more hurt than needed, its a matter of him just not getting up at all, ever, no matter what...

all law aside... if its me and you have a hostage, you forfiet(sp) your right to live... a dead criminally mentally disturbed person is better than a dead inoscent victim... and if they arent crazy, they should already know that what they are doing pretty much seals their fate... if things are so bad you take hostages out of selfish fear after being cornered, you dont deserve to live... property crimes are fogivable... taking anyone off the street and threatening their life in order to save your own a s s after you already done f u c k e d up your situation beyond redemption is simply unforgivable... i dont really care if you couldve changed or not later on in life... if you wanna live, give yourself up... simple... if it has to end any other way, saving the perp isnt really anyones first concern, i dont think...

ChinoXL
09-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Hey doug - what happens is .. even if he's down.. he can still pop back up do a full 180 and stab you before u pull the trigger - just do a pushup hard and see how fast u can get up .. here's an american cop who wasn't properly trained R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PSE-EBKPls&feature=player_embedded

Syn7
09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Hey doug - what happens is .. even if he's down.. he can still pop back up do a full 180 and stab you before u pull the trigger - just do a pushup hard and see how fast u can get up .. here's an american cop who wasn't properly trained R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PSE-EBKPls&feature=player_embedded

daamn... what was he thinking??? the guy shouldve been dead by 1:45... sooner would have been completely justified...

cops shouldnt ride alone PERIOD... i dont care about the money aspect... to ask somebody to potentially end up in a situation like this alone is rediculous... even if he followed procedure it wouldve been a tough call... and had he went after the guy in the first place he still had to worry about the other guy in the truck, who had the rifle at that time... how do you handle that alone? insist they stay where they are till you get help??? two guys will usually win against one, thats just how it is...

jesper
10-03-2010, 02:41 AM
i didnt condemn her...i just pointed out that killing someone and having no remorse what so ever is a sign of being a sociopath...you know how many people are sociopaths in this world? the number would alarm you... i mean honestly whether she did the right thing or not depends on how you view it...in the US. the rule for police is perserve life...., there is a reason why we have trained hostage negotiators and guess what they work, we see it on the news all the time..sometimes it ends tragically but thats after every option was explored...was every option explored in this situation? idk it just seems like they asked him to let the girl go for an hour or so kept giving him water then finally said **** it this **** is taking to long and put a couple of hot ones in him...then after the officer was laughing, and im sorry but that wasnt a nervous laugh.. im not condemning im making an observation.

have you ever been in a similar situation ?
thought not

Guess by you standard all soldiers in the field are sociopath

Hardwork108
10-17-2010, 04:36 PM

That depends if you come from a culture that sees criminals as mere c0ckroaches, or not. I personally do see them as such.

It is only unfortunate that the lower level c0ckroaches end up shot dead (not often enough, though), while the higher level ones, who run our countries and who take us into illegal wars and massacres, together with engineered economic crisis, that rob us all of our hard earned assets and life savings, get away scot free!

gunbeatskroty
11-16-2010, 10:36 AM
in the US. the rule for police is perserve life...., there is a reason why we have trained hostage negotiators and guess what they work, we see it on the news all the time..sometimes it ends tragically but thats after every option was explored...was every option explored in this situation?

Yea, maybe that's why it's so much safer in the streets of America where people in Newark, Baltimore, Southeast DC, Oakland, Compton, etc... can freely walk outside at night with their families and enjoying a nice evening vs. the crime ridden streets of China.

jmd161
11-16-2010, 10:27 PM
honestly the one was shooting to kill, because after the first shot or two the hostage was clear the tactical team couldve moved in and subdued him...but the women office was aiming to kill the man...

That's what it looked like to me as well...

As far as what will or won't happen in the states is concerned I think that depends on WHERE in the states it happens!

It's amazing a few months ago a woman sold me a van she did not legally own.. I went back and forth for days with her trying to get my money back. I finally reached my boiling point and drove to her business with the van. I called the police to notify them of the situation 5 hrs prior to me going to her business. They advised me to call before I get there and they would meet me there.

I called when I was leaving my house in Miami headed to Ft. Lauderdale (her business) I called again when I arrived 25 mins later. I called again after being there for 2 hrs and no police. They called me a hr later asking how many officers did I need?:confused:

I advised that only one officer should be sufficient...

I called again an hr later to which they advised me that they are aware of the call and they'd get there ASAP! Another hr and a half passed when I decided to ask one more time as nicely as I could put it "can I plz have my money back?" She responds "why? it's not my fault you can't get a tag for the van!"

At that point I loose it and almost jump cross the counter on her my friend grabs me and attempts to pull me outside.. she yells i'm calling the cops to which I reply "I don't give a f@ck who you call!"

She picks up the phone calls the cops and they're there in less than 5 minutes..:mad:

Black man calls cops 5 hrs ahead to avoid these same issues they never show even after repeated calls. White woman calls cops that a black guy is being unruly at her establishment and they're there before she can even hang up phone!:rolleyes:

gunbeatskroty
11-17-2010, 09:01 AM
At that point I loose it and almost jump cross the counter on her my friend grabs me and attempts to pull me outside.. she yells i'm calling the cops to which I reply "I don't give a f@ck who you call!"

She picks up the phone calls the cops and they're there in less than 5 minutes..:mad:

Black man calls cops 5 hrs ahead to avoid these same issues they never show even after repeated calls. White woman calls cops that a black guy is being unruly at her establishment and they're there before she can even hang up phone!:rolleyes:

This is so obvious. It had nothing to do with your skin color. Your problem was not something that's urgent, life threatening, etc.

While what you did was certainly urgent and potentially violent & life threatening. You admit that you almost jumped across the counter and needed to be restrained by your own friend.

Imagine, two hostile people with at least one being an adult male (you) vs. ONE female who's at her place of business. How else should any cop treat such an emergency call?

If what you said is true about her fraudulent business conduct, then that sucks. But that's for the court system. I'm not even sure that cops have the jurisdiction to interpret motor vehicle laws, business laws, etc. in order to intervene for you had they met you there in the first place.

Shaolinlueb
11-17-2010, 12:28 PM
where in america would that be? lol

[facepalm]

Massachusetts

[facepalm]