PDA

View Full Version : Miami NBA Mecca?

jmd161
07-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm just curious to hear opinions from members here about the "Three Kings" (that's what they're calling them here in Miami) Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and Lebron James joining the Miami Heat?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/alternatethumbnails/storylink/2010-07/54868633-09215401.jpg

MasterKiller
07-11-2010, 06:42 AM
I doubt they make it past the semi-finals. They'll sell a lot of tickets, though.

David Jamieson
07-11-2010, 08:09 AM
They will win...several times I'm sure

jmd161
07-11-2010, 08:33 AM
I doubt they make it past the semi-finals. They'll sell a lot of tickets, though.

I don't know how you come to that first conclusion... Or are you speaking of this coming season? You're right about the tickets they sold out the day after the announcement.

They will win...several times I'm sure

I can see them winning at least 3 in the time they'll be together...

MasterKiller
07-11-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't know how you come to that first conclusion... Or are you speaking of this coming season? You're right about the tickets they sold out the day after the announcement....

Lebron just conceded he can't lead a team to a championship. He basically quit against the Celtics. However, he's not going to play second fiddle to Wade. How can he admit he's not the Chosen One, afterall?

I predict a massive ego collapse. They'll make the playoffs, but none of those guys, except maybe Wade, have the character to push past teams like Boston or Orlando.

jmd161
07-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Lebron just conceded he can't lead a team to a championship. He basically quit against the Celtics. However, he's not going to play second fiddle to Wade. How can he admit he's not the Chosen One, afterall?

I predict a massive ego collapse. They'll make the playoffs, but none of those guys, except maybe Wade, have the character to push past teams like Boston or Orlando.

I think he can accept being a role player as long as they win... I see it like his playing on the "Dream Team" I don't think he'll have to be a role player though.. He'll just get the ball a lil less than he's accustomed to.

MasterKiller
07-11-2010, 09:15 AM
I think he can accept being a role player as long as they win... I see it like his playing on the "Dream Team" I don't think he'll have to be a role player though.. He'll just get the ball a lil less than he's accustomed to.

Everyone will play together fine until the pressure is on. If they hit a rough spot and people start questioning them, it'll crack. And likely that will happen in the playoffs, as there are only a couple of good teams in the East anyway.

You have to understand that anything less than a ring THIS YEAR will be considered a colossal failure.

jmd161
07-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Everyone will play together fine until the pressure is on. If they hit a rough spot and people start questioning them, it'll crack. And likely that will happen in the playoffs, as there are only a couple of good teams in the East anyway.

You have to understand that anything less than a ring THIS YEAR will be considered a colossal failure.

I understand what you're saying... I think the people being brought in to fill the roster around them will have an impact on that. It's gonna be hard enough for teams to decide who guards Wade and James.

It's going to be interesting to say the least!

Dragonzbane76
07-12-2010, 03:50 AM
sick to death of hearing about it in all honesty.

MasterKiller
07-12-2010, 06:39 AM
sick to death of hearing about it in all honesty.

No sh1t. ESPN's shameless 1-hour special to announce the move was ridiculously self-indulgent, on both parts.

While everyone in Miami is excited, it seems Miami has now become the team everyone else wants to see fail.

jmd161
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
While everyone in Miami is excited, it seems Miami has now become the team everyone else wants to see fail.

We're use to it!

People have always wanted to see a Miami team fail... If it wasn't The Dolphins then it was the Miami Hurricanes!:p

It's funny how different people look at the same thing... The papers here were praising the moves Pat Riley has been making the past few yrs to align the Heat in a position to get 3 stars on one roster. Everyone else out side of Miami is talking about how it's going to destroy basketball?:confused:

The Boston Celtics did pretty much the same thing when they brought in Garnett. The Lakers went after Lamar Odom and other pieces trying to strengthen their line up. What about the Bulls when they had Horace Grant, Pippen and Jordan?

The Bulls wanted Wade and Bosh to go along with Rose, But Miami is the one that everyone hates..:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
07-12-2010, 08:41 PM
We're use to it!

People have always wanted to see a Miami team fail... If it wasn't The Dolphins then it was the Miami Hurricanes!:p

Don't kid yourself. The Dolphins and Hurricanes haven't been competitive for a long time. The fins never draw much ire, but the Canes basically ran a pro team for about 10 years during the 80s, much like USC did recently before they got slapped on the wrist for Reggie Bush.

It's funny how different people look at the same thing... The papers here were praising the moves Pat Riley has been making the past few yrs to align the Heat in a position to get 3 stars on one roster. Everyone else out side of Miami is talking about how it's going to destroy basketball?:confused:

Where ever Lebron went, people would want to see them fail because of the 2-year courtship process he put all the fans in Cleveland through. Because of that long, drawn out, overblown process, people hate him and will hate Miami by proxy. Plus, no one likes to see a championship blantanly purchased, and that's basically what Miami is trying to do. Especially after all the "Chosen One" hype, and then his obvious quitting in the playoffs. Cleveland could have been in the finals this year if LeBron had just manned up and shrugged off his bad play in a couple of games.

But the Yankees try to buy a ring every year, so you're not alone. And everyone outside of NY hates them. But, if you are Yankees fan, it's great.

jmd161
07-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Don't kid yourself. The Dolphins and Hurricanes haven't been competitive for a long time. The fins never draw much ire, but the Canes basically ran a pro team for about 10 years during the 80s, much like USC did recently before they got slapped on the wrist for Reggie Bush.

The Dolphins were do a overhaul... for many seasons when teams were in the crapper Miami was still winning 9-10 games a yr under Shula up to the first two yrs of Dave Wannstedt (2002). The Hurricanes last National Championships was in 2001 and if not for a extremely late flag would have won back to back in 2002. Larry Coker destroyed Miami when he became HC and stopped recruiting in the state of Florida!:mad:

Where ever Lebron went, people would want to see them fail because of the 2-year courtship process he put all the fans in Cleveland through. Because of that long, drawn out, overblown process, people hate him and will hate Miami by proxy. Plus, no one likes to see a championship blantanly purchased, and that's basically what Miami is trying to do. Especially after all the "Chosen One" hype, and then his obvious quitting in the playoffs. Cleveland could have been in the finals this year if LeBron had just manned up and shrugged off his bad play in a couple of games.

But the Yankees try to buy a ring every year, so you're not alone. And everyone outside of NY hates them. But, if you are Yankees fan, it's great.

People outside of Miami don't realize Wade took us through the samething! I'm not a Lebron fan but, i can understand a player wanting to see his team invest in trying to win! We in Miami have a problem with the Marlins ownership! We've won two World Series and after each they dismantled the team! Those teams weren't "bought" they were teams that came together and stars developed and yet ownership broke up each team! The Florida panthers owner does the samething..everytime we develop young talent into stars they trade em'? :confused:

MasterKiller
07-13-2010, 06:10 AM
People outside of Miami don't realize Wade took us through the samething! I'm not a Lebron fan but, i can understand a player wanting to see his team invest in trying to win! We in Miami have a problem with the Marlins ownership! We've won two World Series and after each they dismantled the team! Those teams weren't "bought" they were teams that came together and stars developed and yet ownership broke up each team! The Florida panthers owner does the samething..everytime we develop young talent into stars they trade em'? :confused:

I hear you on the Marlins. They have horrible ownership issues. I don't follow hockey much anymore, so I'm not up on the issues with the Panthers.

I'm just glad Oklahoma City saw fit to reward Kevin Durant with the league maximum. I won't have to worry about him bolting for another 6 years. ;)

jmd161
07-13-2010, 06:22 AM
I'm just glad Oklahoma City saw fit to reward Kevin Durant with the league maximum. I won't have to worry about him bolting for another 6 years. ;)

I love that team bro!

I'm a football guy and when the season is over I'll settle for everything else:D

But yeah I like Oklahoma City they play hard!

MasterKiller
07-13-2010, 06:43 AM
I love that team bro!

I'm a football guy and when the season is over I'll settle for everything else:D

But yeah I like Oklahoma City they play hard!

Yeah, I feel bad that Seattle had to lose a team, but OKC has rallied around the Thunder. It's like going to a college game. The closest thing we've ever had to a pro team is the Sooners, so having a pro franchise, and one that can win, is great.